Chaos Saiga 12 Quad Rail!

Those rails look very nice. Awesome product, Cameron!

One question...do you plan on ever coming out with a model that will fit the 8" barrel saigas? If so what kind of time frame are you thinking?

Not at this point, I'm tied up with production, and development, but if you guys with shorties could provide accurate measurements, I would be willing to look into it.

Ready, willing, and able. What measurements do you need?

1. 126 mm

2. 123 mm

3. 47 mm

post-1426-1231689942_thumb.jpg

Edited by GLOCKshooter
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cameron, just wondering on the progress of the other parts in the system. I was hoping to save my pennies on the kit without the top rail, I want to retain use of the iron sights. BTW, the part looks AWSOME mounted.

Same here. I already have an Ultimak top rail and am looking forward to when just the tri-rail lower is released.

I will have 4 of the tri rail setups with side rails on this next batch, they're $197.95, we'll have mounted pics soon on the Chaos website.

If you have top rail setup like Ultimak then you guys are going flip when you see one of these mounted!

Here with just the iron sights.

DSC07100.jpg

So the tri-rail is compatible with an ultimak? Does anyone have a picture of that configuration?

Question: Does the top rail of the quad sit as low as, lets say, the Ultimak top rail?

Yes the top rail sits as low as possible without hit the gas tube. Very low profile!

Cameron, just wondering on the progress of the other parts in the system. I was hoping to save my pennies on the kit without the top rail, I want to retain use of the iron sights. BTW, the part looks AWSOME mounted.

Same here. I already have an Ultimak top rail and am looking forward to when just the tri-rail lower is released.

I will have 4 of the tri rail setups with side rails on this next batch, they're $197.95, we'll have mounted pics soon on the Chaos website.

If you have top rail setup like Ultimak then you guys are going flip when you see one of these mounted!

Here with just the iron sights.

DSC07100.jpg

So the tri-rail is compatible with an ultimak? Does anyone have a picture of that configuration?

Yes it should work just fine that setup.

Hey Cameron I was wondering on the progress of the Tri Rail? I have had one on pre order for a bit and was just wondering how things were coming? thanks

They are shipping this week, if you have not received an email requesting the final payment, them PM me with your order info.

So the "wings" of the ultimak will fit on the inside of the "vented" top portion of the tri rail?

Or do the wings fit almost up against the top of the vented part?

Should be almost up against the top of the vented part.

Here are two pics of the quad rail on my Saiga. I'm getting close to completion of this conversion... Just a few more goodies!

post-14713-1232865546_thumb.jpg

post-14713-1232865582_thumb.jpg

Rail mounted easily and snugly. Took maybe 5 minutes. No modification necessary.

Nice!

How is the fit with Hk sights now?

I read that some filing and fitting is needed. I also read that the design was slightly modified to reduce the amount of fitting needed.

I need to get with my smith to stop him from putting the Galil grip on my saiga asap. He or I will order this before the sun sets today if there is no unforeseen problem.

post-14671-1232979723_thumb.jpg

Nice!

I read that some filing and fitting is needed. I also read that the design was slightly modified to reduce the amount of fitting needed.

I need to get with my smith to stop him from putting the Galil grip on my saiga asap. He or I will order this before the sun sets today if there is no unforeseen problem.

The vented rails where lower 0.060 so they should clear, if not there shouldn't be much material to file.

Nice!

The vented rails where lower 0.060 so they should clear, if not there shouldn't be much material to file.

Thanks for the light speed reply. I will be waiting for the shop to open. I hope a tri-rail is in stock.

Also received my brand new tri-rail in the mail last week. Beautiful piece. Fits like a glove and looks great. Maybe some pics when I finally get everything put together from doing my own first conversions x39 and s12. Good luck and keep up the great work.

Man, I hope I get mine by this weekend. You guys are killing me! It might be held up cause of the quick clean out....hope not.

They're shipping so you should receive your soon.

Anyone ACTUALLY put an ultimak on the tri rail yet?

The pics I find w/the ultimak make it look like it will not fit w/this rail. If you look at the bottom edge of the ultimak and follow it to a point we can compare to on the receiver cover, the rails edge comes up to high for them to both fit. Can you see what I mean? I love this rail, just dont know if it will work together. The other option would be to get Cobras rail, that would work no problem. Am I off base here? Can anyone else see it?

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Edited by Delta 5.56
Anyone ACTUALLY put an ultimak on the tri rail yet?

The pics I find w/the ultimak make it look like it will not fit w/this rail. If you look at the bottom edge of the ultimak and follow it to a point we can compare to on the receiver cover, the rails edge comes up to high for them to both fit. Can you see what I mean? I love this rail, just dont know if it will work together. The other option would be to get Cobras rail, that would work no problem. Am I off base here? Can anyone else see it?

Aren't the side pieces removeable? Not the rails, but the slotted sections above them. You would remove these sections to attach the top rail, but I haven't heard anyone say you have to leave them in place without the top rail.