Chaos Saiga 12 Quad Rail!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any way to chop these to fit a Tromix S17???

I know at some point that question would come up!

Not easily, because of the lower vent hole location, if you cut the rail length down the vents become exposed, leaving nothing to mount

the rear keeper to. A mounting plate would have to be machined up, and even then I think it would look odd because of cutting through the vent area.

We here at Cadiz Gun Works are working with Cameron to put "one of each" in his hands so that he will have a full Saiga product base to draw his own product ideas and improvements from.

Cameron is going to be banished to the shop, once word really spreads about these rails.....

• 2 weeks later...

I thought these rails were sold out, but some how a few people got put on the list a couple of times, not a bad thing just shows they want it.

Anyway there are 4 in stock at http://chaosus.com/products.html

DSC06567.jpg

:super: :super: :super: :super:

man, is that a nice part, my Friend.

very nice, Cameron!

I knew there was a guy out there through that whole shit that really knew what he was doing!

let me guess, cut out of a full billet, per half, this has to be the strongest and lightest possible rail there is for the s12?

Cam, I want one. Send it to Tom.

VERY nice part, indeed!

Make more, btw! "they" want them.

I thought these rails were sold out, but some how a few people got put on the list a couple of times, not a bad thing just shows they want it.

Anyway there are 4 in stock at http://chaosus.com/products.html

DSC06567.jpg

:super: :super: :super: :super:

I can see only 1 problem with this part ---------------- It is just sitting on the table there, it is not installed on my gun!!! :wet_eyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Cameron, just wondering on the progress of the other parts in the system. I was hoping to save my pennies on the kit without the top rail, I want to retain use of the iron sights. BTW, the part looks AWSOME mounted.

Same here. I already have an Ultimak top rail and am looking forward to when just the tri-rail lower is released.

Cameron, just wondering on the progress of the other parts in the system. I was hoping to save my pennies on the kit without the top rail, I want to retain use of the iron sights. BTW, the part looks AWSOME mounted.

Same here. I already have an Ultimak top rail and am looking forward to when just the tri-rail lower is released.

I will have 4 of the tri rail setups with side rails on this next batch, they're $197.95, we'll have mounted pics soon on the Chaos website.

If you have top rail setup like Ultimak then you guys are going flip when you see one of these mounted!

Here with just the iron sights.

DSC07100.jpg

Got my quadrail last week. VERY NICE!

Cam... I'd love to hear what the extra threaded holes are for.....

Also (A bit off topic..) any prob to duracoat my clean out?

The small threaded holes on the front and back mounts are to level the rail if there are any surface imperfection, the larger set screw, in the middle, towards the rear of the rail is to be tighten against the bottom of the barrel for holding zero.

You could coat your CQC but, you can't get any coating in the areas where parts are mating up, The CQC fits are very close in tolerance, its designed this way so gas does not escape the CQC, allowing maximum gas pressure usage for piston operation. The coating on the CQC is a Ferritic Nitro carburizing process, which is highly resistant to, wear, corrosion, fatigue, also with this type of coating the CQC has higher slide and lubricity properties, no need to oil it. Hope this helps.

The small threaded holes on the front and back mounts are to level the rail if there are any surface imperfection, the larger set screw, in the middle, towards the rear of the rail is to be tighten against the bottom of the barrel for holding zero.

Oh,..... so you only thought of EVERYTHING! :smoke:

URA sick man Cam!!!!