So how many of us saiga owners also own .50's (BMG)???

White 3 Golf....check into the Super Sniper scopes.There rated for 50BMG and were originally contracted for the Navy i believe.I know alot of guys use them,can be had in 10x,16x,20x..and run around $300 bucks from S.W.F.A

Pointer, thanks for the info, I'll check them out.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waltham, that is my smile, that's what my wife says. Shit man I feel ya on the good old days on the Abrams, never got the chance to fire API ammo from Ma Deuce, just blanks out in the field. I did get to send Service HEAT down range in Iraq. Holy Shit :eek::super::super:

Just one thought though, Doesn't BOHICA stand for Bend Over Hear It Comes Again. :lolol:

not trying to start shit I just remember hearing it and using it in the Army, along with:

SNAFU = Situational Normal All Fucked Up

FUBAR = Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition

SOL = Shit Outta Luck

SOS = Same Old Shit

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just picked up my Anzio Ironworks Single Shot. While it may not be as impressive as the mag-fed and/or semi-auto variety, I'm just overjoyed to have gotten one before they're banned. Still don't have an optic for it. Or ammo for that matter. Well, this type of post is worthless without pics so here they are:

post-6253-1218845145_thumb.jpg

Proud new papa! Heres another:

post-6253-1218845155_thumb.jpg

Jesus I thought my arm was gonna fall off trying to hold that thing up for the second pic. Damn thing must weigh 50-60 lbs. But I guess that'll make recoil easier on the ol' shoulder.

I love this crap. :wub:

• 5 months later...

Well i dug this thread up from 36 pages back. Curious how many more people have picked 50's up since the new era of leadership has taken over. Post em up if you got em. I think im finally going to post mine up next week. Allright Let see em!

CJG

Damn! Who started this? Now I've got to have a .50 BMG. I don't want to break the bank so it won't be a Barrett. Can anyone recommend something a little more modest in price but still has quality and accuracy? I've read a little bit about the Serbu.

Didja see the .50 DTC that Serbu is making? From the website:

"This CA 50 BMG ban applies to the 50 BMG cartridge as defined by precise dimensional specifications. The .50 DTC is a new cartridge made by trimming down a 50BMG case which may then be loaded with the same bullets used in 50BMG rounds and fire formed."

Check out the pic, appears to be a .50BMG shortened just enough to not technically be a .50BMG. California sure is funny if you don't live there.

http://www.serbu.com/50bmg/ca50.php

So far I'm really liking the Bushmaster BA50. It seems to have all the quality an accuracy at a medium price and its a mag fed 50. I haven't read anything bad about them yet other than hard to find a good deal on one.

The can works well, particulary at the shooter's ear (I don't need hearing protection with it), and for purposes of eliminating visible signature (dust, flash, etc). Bystanders have told me that hearing protection would be good. Recoil reduction is not good as I hoped; better than many breaks, but not as good as a high end brake. It's an AWC Turbodyne.