It is true, no more Saiga Rifles from EAA

Unfortunately, this is what I suspected was in the making. Importers strategy may be shifting with the sunset law. Why import the Saiga as a sporting arm at rock bottom proces when you can import other more profitable lines under the curent law?

We can kiss the hi-caps good bye. Watch the prices on the Saiga's. It's the law of supply and demand. Dunham's is asking full price right now. I doubt we will see them again for $179 to $199. Folks will be looking to scarf up what is left.

As for the comment someone will pick up the line. Factories only produce what importers, distributers and retailers demand. If Remington believes the Saiga was eroding it's margins on conventional and more expensive guns the Saiga will disappear. Even if they perceive a market we are in for a hefty price increase. My advice is if you can get your hands on one now at a decent price do so. This is worse than a corporate shake up. You can always find another job. But we may never be able to find a new Saiga. Woe, woe, woe!!!

Now the good news. If supply drops, and demand remains, the value of our rifles also increases. Makes me glad I bought two at $199.

I agree. Even if you pay full boat for the expensive ACE folder ( as I, and others did ).. the Saiga still comes in alot cheaper than many "reworked" Maaidi, Romak etc.

I wonder how this affects those that import/mod the Saiga base rifles..

Maybe someone like a Krebs will be the importer the same way Robinson brings the VEPR into the country. I don't know how much more you could get for a Saiga even though it is a true Russian AK. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during the process leading up to the EAA decision. I am glad the Saiga is not part of the Remington deal though.

Edited by glennb

I agree, Remington would probably jack the price to 300-350. I wonder what it takes to get an import license....hmmmm. Saiga by Doerdie has a nice ring to it!

Saiga does have alot over the other brands...shotguns, .308 caliber. If Krebs does start I just hope they don't bastardize them...I'd rather do that myself!

(added thought)

Edited by Doerdie

I just bought my third 7.62 Saiga! Dunham's is having a sale; $25 off any $150-$399 rifle. The Saiga was listed at $229.95....so I got it for $204.99 plus tax...$217.29 OTD....$5 more than the first Saiga I bought from Dunhams on Memorial Day.

I ordered a Saiga 12 from CDNN this morning. I was also going to order another 7.62 from them if shipping was reasonable. However, they are out of them! SOG has them listed in their flyer for $169.95. They have a 2% charge for credit cards. I called this afternoon and they do have a few in stock. After shipping and transfer fees I would have saved approx. $12-$14 ordering from SOG. However, my local FFL would have had to call SOG to let them know I could be on his account and charge my credit card. He works during the day. Or I could have mailed a money order and hoped they still had some left. It just wasn't worth the hassle. I also don't mind giving the local Dunham's some business if it is only a little more. Get them while you can!!!

That's what does not figure. EAA had posted on their sight the Saiga was coming out with a skeleton stock. I assumed as an option. EAA knew they were not going to be importing anymore so why the ad on the new stock? What do they know that we don't? Something just doesn't add up.