Rebuttal: Another user/another forum CRITICISM

Umm.... for the fact that Kalashnikov himself works at Izmash?

It is the only way to get a "Brand New AK"......

Are they talking about fighting guns or are the just bustin' paper at 500 yds....?

I'd match my Soviet Steel against any takers.....

Please tell me the "Other forum" was Barfcom......

AK's are toys? they aren't "serious" rifles? Uh, is the other forum a GUN forum? I would hazard to guess the millions of people in countless wars that have been killed by them would think they are "serious" rifles, if they had survived.

Hello SAIGAites-

I was on another board earlier, and was told to stay away from Saigas as a SERIOUS rifle. Basically, the other member was referring to the Saiga as a target only/'toy' gun. I would like some testimonial evidence to the contrary from you here! :devil:

Thanks-

My first, last and best advice for you: Just quit Barf.com. Bunch of know nothing Krad1337 urban kiddy Kommandos.

If i had to pick a gun in a survival situation i'll take a ak-47 or my saiga 12ga. Almost can't hurt them and will fire in any stage of uncleanliness. No you can't knock something at 500yards or more but most in your face house to house is going to 50 yards or less. Ask anyone who has been on the wrong end of a ak and see if it's real enough. Yes i have 2 ar-15 and a ar-15 pistol, but some of the AR owners act like some corvette guys i know that think they are better than anyone else and theirs is the best.

You want a serious rifle, get a SAIGA!!! You have the chance to work on it, sweat on it and bleed on it in the quest of perfection to make it the rifle you want. Unlike an AR where you buy your shit, push a couple pins and yell from every stinkin internet board that you built a rifle---we build rifles.

You want a serious rifle, get a SAIGA!!! You have the chance to work on it, sweat on it and bleed on it in the quest of perfection to make it the rifle you want. Unlike an AR where you buy your shit, push a couple pins and yell from every stinkin internet board that you built a rifle---we build rifles.

totally agree...how do you get off bashing our sacred rifles when they are TOO FUCKING STUPID to build one or take a chance to look over one. I HATE IGNORANT PEOPLE!!!

i love it when some little fuckstick think he knows something. kinda reminds me of inmates. dumb as shit the think he's an astronaut.

id put my saiga in the same breath as my springfield loaded match M1A ( with other nat'l match parts added as well). which is alot higher than my ar15...and to me my armalite is fine, but all ARs are picky...

Man I love a good debate as much as anyone else but it's hard to do that with someone who's so biased. For example...what does he mean by "serious" rifle?

Price?

Looks?

Because in my honest to goodness, no shit opinion a "serious" rifle is one that goes bang when you pull the trigger and kills something on the other end. I would also go so far as to state that a "serious" shooter knows that the tool is secondary to intent. Everything in my gun safe is a "serious" rifle and that includes the .22's

Maybe you ought to point out that he's got a similar mind-set as the gun-grabbers in that somehow the tool is automagically responsible for the result.

Hell you could even offer a friendly wager where you bury his AR in the sand and you bury your Saiga next to it. Dig both weapons up, shake the sand off, and see which one goes bang. Winner gets to keep the other guy's weapon. If he hesitates about risking the loss of his weapon then what about risking the loss of life based on the weapon's performance under any and all conditions? Is that serious enough or is there another degree of seriousness I need to be aware of?

In summarizing, you could then tell him to fuck off and come back when he gets a clue.