bought a 308 should i buy a 762x39?

well since they are no longer being imported, should i grab the 762x39 which is 219 too? im just thinking if i wont be able to get them later and if they will be more rare for the originals that for 219 it would be more of a investment, it has the 18-20" barrel. the .223 is too expensive, but i figured the 762x39 for 219+tax out the door, and 3.33 for 20 rounds of wolf hollow point isnt too bad at the store too.

let me knjow asap

I think the 308 is a must, the 7.62x39 saiga is probably optional. There's lots of AK's in 7.62x39, though while not as cheap as a saiga, end up being cheaper once you add in the conversion costs, not to mentione the time required in conversion.

Grab a 12 gauge long before getting a 7.62x39

There are far more 7.62x39 mags out there and parts as well. Definately buy the 7.62x39 It seems that Remington has bought the import rights (or so Ive herd) and may dry up all future imports of the Saiga, or at least boost the cost x2 if they do bring them in at some far future date. I bought two Saigas (7.62x39) just this week after hearing that they are limited. I plan to convert one and leave the other stock

Smithy, I bought 2 new 7.62's for $204+tax and $5 fee. I bought them to keep and then sell. I figure I will at the very least get my money back. If you have the cash sitting around it is a good investment :dollar: . If your spending your rent money I would say pass on it. It is like buying stock, your gonna have to sit on it for a bit and see what happens, but with this your going to break even at the worst. Problem I have is now that I have 'em I don't want to part with them! :cryss:

your gunna laugh hhaa they are trying to sell the 12 for 369, and they over priced the .223 for 289, but the 762x39 is 219+tax so roughly 240 tax, and 3.33 for 20 rnds of wolff hollow point i have the cash.

if i order online local places charge me 30-40 doolars for the transfer fee, what is sold out at CDNN?

thanks

My buddy and I bought the last 2 22"wood .308s yesterday. Also bought the wife a .410. While I was on the 'phone to CDNN someone bought the last 16 synth. .308's. They were already out of 12ga. .762 and.223.

Wish this state was not such a communist enclave--We can only buy one saiga in a 30 day period (actually there is a 7 working day delay for paperwork so it is really only one every 39 days!). :cryss::cryss::cryss:

G O B

Jeeesh! I get impatient waiting for the computer to do its background check thing. When I bought mine it took almost 7 minutes!! :angry: but seriously, what a rediculous restriction. That takes me back to the early brady law days when you could only walk out of the shop with your new handgun if you had a ccp. Other wise you had to come back in 7 days. I recomend buying the 7.62 if you can. Its the only one that I was able to get and by the time Im done with it, it will be so modified I wont be ABLE to sell it. And who knows when the next too good to be true deal will come through again? How many years was there between the $125 Norinco hunter and the $179 Saiga? Please dont even suggest the WASR. At least I know that my Saiga will last at LEAST as long as it takes for another great shooter to surface! :killer:

I think pistonring8 is right about it being a long dry spell before we find such a great sleeper for these kind of prices. I think Dealers and had the clueon EAA for some time based upon prices to them that permitted sales. the day after Thanksgiving Dunha,m's was selling the 7.62 for $179. Thereafter it was on sale for $199 plus 6% tax. They make a single call, fill out the paperwork and sell you the gun in 10 minutes time.

Now Dunham's wants retail of $279 for the 7.62 and .223 rifles. No .308 or shotties here. I'd be shocked to see another sale. they will sell these out at the asking price no problem. Because there is nothing like them for the price.

I have a WASR-10. It ain't half the gun the Saiga is in terms of quality, fit, or finish. The metal thickness is less, etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, I think buying any of these is an investment. as one of the other guys suggested, don't give up groceries or heat to buy one but if you have the scratch do it because there will be guys after them all. Some guys prefer .223 and 7.62 due to availability of ammo and its' price. After all, a real AK is 7.62. Others like the .308 for obvious reasons. Then there is shotgun crowd. Where else do you find a magazine fed 12 gauge?

Anyway, supplies are drying up. I have a local FFL doing search for a .308 for me. I talked with him this morning. I have not heard back yet. my guess is he is struggling to find one. We'll see.

Rock on. These guns were a unique bargain that is why I made the leap. I'd do it all over again even with the knowlwdge of EAA bowing out and hi-caps disappearing.

Wolverine

well shit i guess ill go out and buy one is there a weekly limit lol, i just bought my 308 a few days ago, does it make a diff how many i buy in a time period?

the 30 rndr mag for the 762x39 is 38 bucks that too much?

this 762x39 is 18-20" barrel too

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not if you can actually find them. The hi-caps for 7.62 have only been out for 90 days or less. EAA is out. So is Ramsey sport. There are a few around in local gunshops but by and large they are gone. Hi-caps were promised for .233 and .308 but never materialized.

The other option is to put in a bullet guide, takes some $10 30 rd. AK 47 mags and file them a little. Apparently that works like a dream and saves money. It also looks like it may be the only alternative to expensive mags that are hard to find and may or may not be produced again.

There are detailed instructions on the Sheik's conversion site on how to make and install a guide. Also K-var seels one that cost around $12 but has to be fitted as it was designed for a Bulgarian variety AK.

Hope this helps. Collectively we can noodle through whatever arises. If you can afford it get the gun. $200 is cheap for a nice gun, and you get the experience of working on it and shooting ot. Russian ammo is very cheap. Buy it before they are gone. Just don't spend the rent money. Family first, then fun. Enjoy.

Wolverine

hmm i may just go out and buy that saiga 12g tomorrow at this pawn shop.

im just sad because i just got 1000 Wolf hollow points for $100 and all the gun ranges are closed around here becuase of duck hunting season. they do that because it will scare away the ducks when people hunt.

gosh what a dilemma

:huh:

i noticed that they had another 308 with a bipod and scope, and i beleive it was 289+tax so roughly 310ish for a 15" 308 assuming they will let me just take the gun and not all the junk they put on it, so i think thats a for sure purchase right?

also, the 762x39 would be good because i can use AK mags? the 30 rounder saiga 762x39 is 38 is that a good deal? i thought it was a bit high. 219+tax for gun, 38 for mag

well 310ish for the 308? 230ish for the 762x39, and the 12 guage is out of the question at 370+, 223 is like 289 which is a rip off, and i cant remmeber the 410 and 20 guage prices.

pleasssssssse someone let me know what is good to do for the 308 and 762x39

the blue book value on the 12g is 369, just so you know. you all have been paying the 50% condition values on these guns.

an ak is an ak.

the shotgun is unique.

theres my two cents

12 guage saiga is 369 blue book, but thats not what they are going for are they?

i just got back i need some swabs, but the 2nd 308 i was considering is gone! only thing left is the 762x39, 12 guage, ,410, and .223

i was real tempted to just grab the 762x39 for 219+tax, it can use 30-40 rnd ak mags right?

thx

I change my opinion, Even tho I own the 7.62 I know the shotgun will be worth much much more in the future if they stop inporting the Saiga. It is TOTALLY different from anything ever designed! Even the guys at the range who are not interested in homeland defense style artillary really do like the Saiga 12. I am purely a rifle guy, but I suggest buying the 12 if there is a choice. More than a few people have told me that it is the best wepon of any kind ever made period.

Edited by pistonring8