Police tell owners: 'We're inspecting your guns'

World Net Daily = National Enquirer

Is there a story on this from a reliable source?

Didn't the Enquirer break the Edwards story?

I know, I know, something and a dog's rear end and the sun. :haha:

Here, I know they aren't the post or the times.

http://www.edmondsun.com/statenews/local_s..._233112751.html

http://www.news-star.com/statenews/x122299...-to-create-list

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.asp...62&allcom=1

http://newsok.com/gun-tests-may-solve-wele.../?tm=1219122376

reason for edit: posting some article links.

Edited by zone1935

not without a warrant and signed impartially witnessed contract to return the gun un altered immediately upon completion of the test firing (not upon completion of analysis)

alternately you can buy the gun from me at replacement cost (including custom upgrades that have been applied) and then keep it as long as you like.

have a nice day.

Now go out there at actually find some clues instead of asking us to bring in our totally unrelated guns.

and bullshit on best intentions......the intention here is to gather data without consent, or warrant, and to make the guilty party look guilty by not showing up.....along wiht anyone who simply objects to this illegal gun grabbing bullshit.

try this with golf clubs....everyone bring in your golf clubs - someone got their brain bashed in by a 5 iron.

That crime happened here in Okla. It was not your normal murder. Those little girls were shot like 7 times each, head, chest, face, one girl was even shot in the pelvic area.

They think two people did it, because there were two calibers used in the shootings. The little girls were just walking down the dirt road from one girls house to the others and came across something that got them killed. Maybe just someone that thought "gee, I can kill these girls and get away with it", I dunno.

I would happily comply if it would catch the sons of bitches that shot them, but I honestly dont think the people that did it are going to bring in the guns and say here, take a sample slug.

If you are at home, or when you get home look at your little daughter, IF those were your daughters that had been slaughterd like these girls had, would you be yelling "Here come the Police Nazis"? or would you want them to be doing EVERYTHING to try and find the sob or sob's that did this to your little girl?

The case is getting cold, and the cops are getting desperate that the killer or killers are going to get away with these horrific crimes if they dont get a break soon.

+1 It all starts with the best of intentions. Who wouldn't want to help solve the murder of two little girls?

Yeah, well that is a noble sentiment, but here are the problems with the whole thing.

1. The police will retain the information for the investigation of future crimes. Having a list of all of the .40 S&W

pistols is a registration.

2. I think that I can be pretty damn sure if my Glock 27 was used in a murder, or not. Killing 2 little girls in the kind of thing that you would remember.

3. The perpetrator would not be bringing his in, now would he?

Seriously, this is such a stupid idea I doubt that it is real.

+1 It all starts with the best of intentions. Who wouldn't want to help solve the murder of two little girls?

Yeah, well that is a noble sentiment, but here are the problems with the whole thing.

1. The police will retain the information for the investigation of future crimes. Having a list of all of the .40 S&W

pistols is a registration.

2. I think that I can be pretty damn sure if my Glock 27 was used in a murder, or not. Killing 2 little girls in the kind of thing that you would remember.

3. The perpetrator would not be bringing his in, now would he?

Seriously, this is such a stupid idea I doubt that it is real.

According to Muskogee Okla paper, its real.

Like I said, they are going in every direction trying to find something to work with. All they have right now, are the slugs and casings from the weapon/weapons that killed the girls, and a vague description of an Indian looking guy that was seen in the general area in the general time of the crimes. There are a lot of vague Indian looking guys in Oklahoma, so that takes them back to the slugs and casings.

I hope they catch them by the process of elimination with the weapons. Then put them in old sparky and send them straight to hell.

That crime happened here in Okla. It was not your normal murder. Those little girls were shot like 7 times each, head, chest, face, one girl was even shot in the pelvic area.

would you be yelling "Here come the Police Nazis"? or would you want them to be doing EVERYTHING to try and find the sob or sob's that did this to your little girl?

EVERYTHING is why virtually all firearms are banned in the UK. Be careful when you let those with power - which was bestowed to them by We The People - do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to sieze more power - even temporarily. Especially if your attitude is that you'll comply if it helps.

No... I don't want the police to do everything... I don't want my governement to do everything. I want them to do everything they can while UPHOLDING THE CONSTITUTION and not infringing on 300 million law-abiding citizens freedoms and liberties.

Edited by RDSWriter
EVERYTHING is why virtually all firearms are banned in the UK. Be careful when you let those with power - which was bestowed to them by We The People - do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to sieze more power - even temporarily. Especially if your attitude is that you'll comply if it helps.

No... I don't want the police to do everything... I don't want my governement to do everything. I want them to do everything they can while UPHOLDING THE CONSTITUTION and not infringing on 300 million law-abiding citizens freedoms and liberties.

Well said.

If I know I did not commit the murder, and my guns were not used to commit the murders - HOW THE F@CK AM I HELPING THE INVESTIGATION BY TAKING MY GUNS IN!!!!!

This is a terrible tragedy, but people who gave into their bleeding heart tendencies and complied with this are PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!! With this attitude, your beloved free state of OK will be just like my state of California. Yep, it started like that here too; "dont you want to do it for the children?". It started in the LA area and quickly became a state law, to catch those who would harm the children. Trust me, I saw it here, if you let them get away with this it will lead to state legislation. You will say "damm that Desert Dog was right".

And you want to talk about some NAZI sh!t, what about friends and neighbors turning in other gun owners to the state! Looks like you Okies need to keep your arsenal low-profile, just like we do in California.

BTW, I do not think that the title of this thread is a fair one. It implies a forced inspection of the citizenry's firearms, and even the quoted story points out the cooperation is voluntary.

A lot of people read no more of these things then the title and this one says that the worst fears of many, are true.

Happily, that is not the case here, as unworkable as this idea appears to me.

BTW, I do not think that the title of this thread is a fair one. It implies a forced inspection of the citizenry's firearms, and even the quoted story points out the cooperation is voluntary.

A lot of people read no more of these things then the title and this one says that the worst fears of many, are true.

Right or wrong, the title of this article came form the publisher, not me. While true, it is voluntary, it is equally true that if you choose not to participate your name goes on the suspect list.

if the media didnt use slanted titles their garbage wouldnt sell. 1911, i didnt think he was blaming u for the title, i figured it was the media playing sides.

I understand what you guys are saying about give an inch give a mile, but personally I would do anything reasonable to help catch the perps. Would I load up my entire collection and bring them in for inspection? No. But I would be willing to bring in my .40 cal pistol if it would help catch the animals that slaughtered those two girls like dogs in the street. Again, do I think it will work? No, but I am sure the pressure is on the police to do something, and they just dont have a lot to work with right now.

We still have the sour taste in our mouth of a Girl scout camp killing incident here where some girls were killed in a girl scout camp probably 10 years ago and no one was ever caught.

This kind of crap is supposed to happen in Chicago, or New York City, not in rural Oklahoma. No offense to any people from those two great cities.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365618,00.html

I'm sorry but that is just plain f*cknuts stupid.

Bring in all your guns?

What?

Aren't they smart enought osend the bullets to a crime lab and figure out what caliber they are???????

1911 is right, political animals that don't have a lick of police sense.................

Ok, let me explain, the police here has a strict list of folks within the area that had bought the glocks(yes 40 cal only) in question with the area. They never forced any one to bring their fire arms in, it was strictly up to the owner.

The list was compliled by going to each gun store with in the area and getting the names of the owners of the pistols that way. You as a gun owner have not been forced to do anything against your will, nor would you be, it would take a court order to force a gunowner to submit to testing at this time(remember who you vot for this November, but I am preaching to the choir here)

Thus no one lost any rights or was forced to give evidance in this investigation. Just my two cents, if you feel its the slippery slope write your congressman or women, even if they have alternate views on this subject or firearms in general. Just my two cents. Oklahoma is a pro gun state, there are laws protecting more gunowners rights for sure here too.

Edited by okie shooter
Right or wrong, the title of this article came form the publisher, not me. While true, it is voluntary, it is equally true that if you choose not to participate your name goes on the suspect list.

I did not realize that till you pointed it out, my apologies!

However, failure to cooperate with a "voluntary" search will not be PC to do anything with.

If I thought for one minute that testing of my hand gun might in any way bring these animals to justice I would not hesitate, but the sad truth is that it will not help one bit. I empathize with the job the police is trying to do they have to be desperate at this point that is why those letters went out.

I pray they cath those sons of bitches and put them down quick, fast and in a hurry.

Retracted,

Apparently my paranoia is high today. I did spend a weekend in Maryland hearing about gun registration and the no-rifles for hunting (at least in that county) so maybe I just went off on a weird tangent based on recent experiences.

Edited by SaigaNoobie

Bottom line is; the murderers arn't bringing in their guns so what good does it do to check out 60+ people who you know arn't murderers? :unsure: Process of elimination? Everyone in the state except for those 60 are suspects? This is a pointless waste of time that will not get us any closer to finding the killers.

.... Probable cause is established through "Voluntary" actions. The jack-booted-thugs serve a no-knock warrant at 3am, Johnny shoots a cop thinking it's a burglar, Johnny is killed on the spot by return fire. .....

You might consider staying away from talking about the law, you don't know what you are talking about. Not cooperating with a voluntary program is not Probable Cause for a no-knock warrant served by SWAT.

Do you honestly think that making up stuff like this helps anyone?