SaigaTech vs. Tromix TG

Does either one accept the CAA finger groove grip? All info I see only refers to the SAW grip.

I know that the SaigaTech does, I assume from its appearance that the Tromix does as well. I am sure that there is someone here that knows for sure.

While we are on the subject, SaigaTech is not a supporting vendor on this board, but he is a contributer and a member here. I think that this deserves a little courtesy in itself. I have not seen him trying to spam the board repeatedly with his product, unlike some others.

I have the Tromix DIY Trigger Guard.

I considered the Saigatech one, but I went with the Tromix because of the safety stop and the fact that I could get other things I needed at Mississippi Arms.

Very happy with Tromix and Mississippi Arms.

God Bless,

Doc S

Tromix TG is not compatible with standard AK grips.

Well, we designed it for the SAW grip, since our customers mainly want to emulate the Tromix look.

The nut should fit the AK grip. Monk, where did it not fit? I'm guessing it was where the guard goes into the grip?

Although I haven't tried it, I know I've seen somebody that used the AK grip with our triggerguard. Maybe it took some modifying.

The Tromix has more area around the trigger. That style Tromix uses (that the other one kind of looks like) is called a "cold weather TG" because you are supposed to be able to wear gloves with it and still get your trigger finger in there. The opening is very small in the Saigatech one.

The Tromix comes pre finished. The other does not.

It fits without any mods to the receiver.

It makes your Saiga something that, to the average person (from a distance), resembles one of the most sought after shotguns on the planet.

Tromix does take credit cards and so does Mississippi Auto Arms (they carry the tromix parts).

Tromix is a paid vendor here who does more for this site than anyone realizes.

Nuff said IMO.

Thanks Shannon!

+10, I know who's website looks better, I your going to do things right you've gotta be willing to put into your site, Tony has done that! The aluminum trigger guard looks nice, but over all, the Tromix dominates in the shorty market. Tonys just a hard act to follow!!!

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=30211

So it takes an AR pattern grip or?????

No, it doesn't take any grip except the Tapco SAW, as far as I can tell. It might take the CAA one, but I haven't tested that. The AR-to-AK adapter from Ace fits on there, but the screw that comes with it is too long, so you'll have to get a screw of a certain length to get it to work (haven't had the time to find the right length yet).

Well, we designed it for the SAW grip, since our customers mainly want to emulate the Tromix look.

The nut should fit the AK grip. Monk, where did it not fit? I'm guessing it was where the guard goes into the grip?

Although I haven't tried it, I know I've seen somebody that used the AK grip with our triggerguard. Maybe it took some modifying.

Go to the thread link I posted. The nut fits the AK screws, and the width of the guard is not a problem, but it is the angle of the nut that makes it not work. If you take just the grip and line it up to where it should be, it looks like it would fit just fine, but when you try to screw it in, it quickly becomes apparant that it won't work.

If you look at an AK grip, you see that the screw can only go in at one particular angle due to the position of the hole at the bottom of the grip, which is also the angle of standard AK nuts obviously. The Tromix TG nut, however, is not at this angle. If you screw in any standard AK grip (I tried multiple ones from multiple manufacturers), there is a big gap in the back of the grip. In order to get it to work, you'd have to modify the position of the hole at the bottom of the grip to get the screw to go in at the right angle.

Edited by Monk

Not to play Devil's advocate but I have the SaigaTech steel SAW and the Tromix. I like the SaigaTech much more. In fact, when the newer SaigaTech comes out I'll pick it up and sell the Tromix. I don't NOT like the Tromix--just my personal preference for one over the other.

I've yet to see him advertise on here, so he really is doing is disservice to himself, but at the same time, member posts like this are NOT ADVERTISING. So please refrain from being a total sheep-like-prick cause you are in the business member circle jerk. I've seen this repeatedly for only SOME businesses singled out while others like Red Star and Black Sheep go under the rabid dog fanatic radar.

The Tromix has more area around the trigger. That style Tromix uses (that the other one kind of looks like) is called a "cold weather TG" because you are supposed to be able to wear gloves with it and still get your trigger finger in there. The opening is very small in the Saigatech one.

The Tromix comes pre finished. The other does not.

It fits without any mods to the receiver.

It makes your Saiga something that, to the average person (from a distance), resembles one of the most sought after shotguns on the planet.

Tromix does take credit cards and so does Mississippi Auto Arms (they carry the tromix parts).

Tromix is a paid vendor here who does more for this site than anyone realizes.

Nuff said IMO.

Shannon you have a very early prototype that you requested I send you for your evaluation. Not to post negative slander later as if it was a production model. Your PM's to me stated you liked it very much and you could sell many of them to your friends. Did I solicite you to do so, No! If you feel it's Inferior then please return to me or Max.

This also as you know Shannon was more fuel on the fire escualting the bitter fued between you and Ben about recieving free products. I have been in touch with Max and I am not actively or covertly advertising on this forum.

Yes the receiver may require very small mods just as other parts from other manufacturers. Opening up a hole .010 - .020 is not modifing the receiver, if that were true most s12's I've converted / SBS's could be said to require major modifications, which they don't.

And Shannon read my past post, I have given Tromix a very good recomendation when I was asked about my SBS's saying with the amount of work involved SBSing an s12 the tromix was a bargin and his workmanship was impecable.

This response by myself is the result of much misunderstanding from behind the scenes most people never hear about.

Also I have supported every member who ask me about my personal weapons / projects. I have yet to diss anybody's project, parts, accessories, opinions, hairdoo, what ever. I fully support everyone trying to convert / work on their own weapons and reap the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

That's for all the great info and positive feedback concerning saiga arms.

Also Shannon please stop acting like a child and stop PMing me, Thanks

Edited by skiboatsp

I have a SagiaTech in aluminum. It fits great and is very solid. I picked it because I prefer the looks of it over the Tromix guard. It just looks like it belongs on a nicer gun:) My only complaint was the screw holes go clear through the trigger. Probably for strength? Other than that I am very happy with it. I wanted a Etac trigger guard but they are not sold seperately. So this is the next best thing.

I asked E-Tac a while ago about their charging handle (great looking; best I've seen) and extended mag releases for sale separately. He said no, but might be in the future. We can only hope. I assume they are looking to save enough parts for their own custom guns or it's a perk in going through them for custom part. Cause g'damn I like their charging handle and mag release with the surfaced grip.

Per their site:

1. As of 6-01-08 All steel trigger guards include a built in safety stop

2. Per the STEEL S12 Guard: THIS GUARD WILL ALSO ACCEPT THE SAW STYLE

I KNOW they BOTH fit the SAW grip: I now hear the Tromix can't interchange with the CAA ergo grip, now CAN the Saigatech? One member says yes, one says no, would the Mfr care to comment? I'm really not trying to start or fuel any ongoing rivaly, I like the looks of both, but I WILL be using the CAA grip. Thanks for any info, and Skiboat, I emailed you last week with no response (other than the computer generated one)...

I KNOW they BOTH fit the SAW grip: I now hear the Tromix can't interchange with the CAA ergo grip, now CAN the Saigatech? One member says yes, one says no, would the Mfr care to comment? ...

I do not know about the CAA, I have had both a ATI and a Ergo brand grip on my SaigaTech.

I wanted a ergonomic style pistol grip but needed it to be a US part. The CAA is made in Israel. Both the Ergo and the ATI are made in the USA.

Other then that you are beating a dead horse. I think that both are quality parts.

In order to get the CAA grip to work on the Tromix trigger guard assembly, you will need to elongate the hole in the grip rearward about 1/16" with a round file. You will also need to file the square nut down on the trigger guard, about 1/16" as well.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I asked E-Tac a while ago about their charging handle (great looking; best I've seen) and extended mag releases for sale separately. He said no, but might be in the future. We can only hope. I assume they are looking to save enough parts for their own custom guns or it's a perk in going through them for custom part. Cause g'damn I like their charging handle and mag release with the surfaced grip.

Agree they are supernice, but I asked a longgggg time ago...

You can probably forget about parts since he cant even seem to produce the guns people have paid him for

HarvKY

In order to get the CAA grip to work on the Tromix trigger guard assembly, you will need to elongate the hole in the grip rearward about 1/16" with a round file. You will also need to file the square nut down on the trigger guard, about 1/16" as well.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Thank you Tony.

Per their site:

1. As of 6-01-08 All steel trigger guards include a built in safety stop

2. Per the STEEL S12 Guard: THIS GUARD WILL ALSO ACCEPT THE SAW STYLE

I KNOW they BOTH fit the SAW grip: I now hear the Tromix can't interchange with the CAA ergo grip, now CAN the Saigatech? One member says yes, one says no, would the Mfr care to comment? I'm really not trying to start or fuel any ongoing rivaly, I like the looks of both, but I WILL be using the CAA grip. Thanks for any info, and Skiboat, I emailed you last week with no response (other than the computer generated one)...

Hello gozuki,

Let me find the email and I will respond

Sorry about the delayed response

Sincerely

Ray

My mistake, I meant to PM, I'm trying my best to respect business members. Thanks guys

Edited by skiboatsp
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone have any more input on this?

I'm getting parts together and trying to decide between these two. My main concern is maintaining the rugged durability that we all love and expect from our AK style weapons. As an example.....I've read accounts of G2 hammers breaking.....so I ordered a double hook trigger to have a redundant system. I wish was there was a milled trigger group option available.....without adjustment screws which could loosen and cause a malfunction.

What I'm getting at is that I want to choose the more heavy duty trigger guard. Specifically because with this method my pistol grip is attached to the "trigger guard" as opposed to the receiver itself.

The saigatech look to be the heavier duty option to me.

Thanks for any help making this decision.

49GMC

I bought the Tromix not knowing that it worked ONLY with the Saw grip. ( MAA, you might want to update the description on your website.)

Had I known that beforehand I probably would have went with the Saigatech.

My post copied from another topic:

The one bitch I have about the Tromix DIY triggerguard is that you can only use the SAW style grip with it. The angle of the welded on nut prevents a standard AK grip from mounting correctly. I don't know why the hell the nut isn't at the proper angle for the std AK grip since the SAW grips were made to fit AK's in the first place.

I ended up lopping off the DIY guard right in front of the grip screw nut and cutting the square hole in the receiver for the std AK grip nut.