Surefiring my ass! ...can I say that?

Well, just opened up the bag on a surfire 10 round .410 mag and am dissapointed in the Royal Princess Kittie Cat finikieness of this magazine and it's inability to shoot Estate 3" shells either. So Silver Bear Brass plated and regular steel cartridges as well as Estate.

It will cycle fine with the 4 rounders....

but Surfire will jam on the 10th round loaded everytime....and then stop feeding with two rounds left.....that's real dependability for you.

For 45$ it's a slap in the face...

If the mag was 9 Bucks I would understand...but over 40$...it should feed anything.

that's my initial opinion anyways...

I'm guessing some are thinking "Oh, at least someone made a mag for us, we should be supportive"

how long have these mags been out?

has there been any concerns voiced by the manufacturer that this magazine doesn't work?

just wondering....

I'm thinking SnakeOil Mags should be what they're called.

Until I get mine fixed if possible, then Bounce happy...screw everyone else. :)

Edited by Bounce
Calm down, the issues are being worked on as we speak....

I was getting ready to buy some. Do you think it will be an easy adjustment? I would still by them if thats the case. By the way Cobra,the mags you welded

for me run flawlessly! Thanks again man! :super:

Calm down, the issues are being worked on as we speak....

I was getting ready to buy some. Do you think it will be an easy adjustment? I would still by them if thats the case. By the way Cobra,the mags you welded

for me run flawlessly! Thanks again man! :super:

Midas touch...lol.... :angel:

Your welcome bro! Enjoy them. The Surefire 10 rdrs I have, MAA sent me to tinker with and see if I can get them feeding the steel hull Russian rounds. So far I've done some work on the feed lips and have them feeding ok after the first 2 or three on top of a full load. They're having three different problems with them and I've fixed one so far. I'll try to get some more time with them soon. Got a lot on my plate right now trying to get the LRBHO ready to MFG. I'll be talking with the guys at Surefire tomorrow hopefully and getting some things worked out.

I won a combat shoot with my .410 this Sunday thanks to my Surefire mags. They've yet to jam a single 3" Remington round, which is all I can find for sale in my area anyway. Kicked some ASS with that little guy. A couple people thought it was cheating that I used .410, but my MD-20 jammed up 20 rounds out of 20 using AA birdshot and I finished dead last with my 12 because of it. I would have done better with the 12 than the .410 if that thing fed better. I have to figure out the uh spring twisting whatever shits I gotta do with that drum. It fed 20 out of 20 with Federal Bulkpack crap and 19 out of 20 with Winchester Bulkpack SHIT, I loaded AA assuming it'd feed much better... somehow it didn't.

These surefires are serving me well when I avoid buck and slugs.

• 2 weeks later...
Caveat Emptor.

And wait for ones that work.

OK, I have tried to purchase 10 rnd mags for three years and got screwed by both Andrei and RussMilitary.

I was one of the first to line up for the Mississippi Arms mags. I received them and was immediately disappointed to find out that they would not even chamber my Bear Buck #4.

I have even tried to sell my Saiga in frustration

Today, I took one the new mags and compared it to my 4 rnd 3" mag that does work. What I noticed as I observed what was happening during the chamberring action was that the Miss Arms Mags did not release the back end of the cartridge quick enough to allow it rise up into and align with the chamber.

I did this several time until I was positive that this was the issue.

Then, I looked at the tops of each Mag and observed that the top ramp that releases the cartridge from the mag on the Miss Arms Mags was about 1/4" longer than the 4 rnd Mag. This appears to push the cartridge too far forward to allow proper alignment.

I then took a hacksaw blade and, after measuring and marking to similar distance for my 4rnd, I trimmed the Mags top ramp to allow it release the cartridges quicker.

Results so far are positive as I am now able to fill my mag and rapidly feed cartridges into and out of my Saiga .410.

Please note that I am manually feeding not firing. I hope to test fire it tomorrow upon which I will provide more feedback.

Also, I am not advocating anyone altar their Mags. This my action out of my own frustration. If I end up having to sacrifice this mag, then my loss.

Caveat Emptor.

And wait for ones that work.

OK, I have tried to purchase 10 rnd mags for three years and got screwed by both Andrei and RussMilitary.

I was one of the first to line up for the Mississippi Arms mags. I received them and was immediately disappointed to find out that they would not even chamber my Bear Buck #4.

I have even tried to sell my Saiga in frustration

Today, I took one the new mags and compared it to my 4 rnd 3" mag that does work. What I noticed as I observed what was happening during the chamberring action was that the Miss Arms Mags did not release the back end of the cartridge quick enough to allow it rise up into and align with the chamber.

I did this several time until I was positive that this was the issue.

Then, I looked at the tops of each Mag and observed that the top ramp that releases the cartridge from the mag on the Miss Arms Mags was about 1/4" longer than the 4 rnd Mag. This appears to push the cartridge too far forward to allow proper alignment.

I then took a hacksaw blade and, after measuring and marking to similar distance for my 4rnd, I trimmed the Mags top ramp to allow it release the cartridges quicker.

Results so far are positive as I am now able to fill my mag and rapidly feed cartridges into and out of my Saiga .410.

Please note that I am manually feeding not firing. I hope to test fire it tomorrow upon which I will provide more feedback.

Also, I am not advocating anyone altar their Mags. This my action out of my own frustration. If I end up having to sacrifice this mag, then my loss.

Sorry, I have not had time to go to the range to provide report on my Surefire Mag adjustment.

I will try to go to the indoor range in the next day or two

I will update as soon as I do.

I found the same thing happening and shortened the feed lips to match those on the factory mags. It does help greatly to feed most of the 3" shells, but they will still dive into the bottom of the breech with the first few rounds in a full mag.

I'm playing around some with the follower and the feed angle to try and fix that.

Surefire is aware of this problem and they are now working on something that will make all of us happy. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Can you give us a idea what that might be. I have two SF mags and still using the 4 rounders for reliability...

Finally got to test my Sure-Fire 10 rnd Mag Mod.

I filled the Mag 3 times

1st round- slow shooting with all cartridges firing without incident

2nd round- steady fired with all cartridges firing without incident.

3rd round- Rapid fire with last cartridge failing to load.

I will spend more time on looking at the angle that the cartridges rest in the 10 rnd Mag as compared to the 4 rnd mag.

I will see if there is anything I can do to mimic.

Other than that, the first test was very promising and almost acceptable.

have you contacted surefire about it yet?

And what should I expect from SureFire if I contacted them?

Seriously, I would have expected to have seen them address this issue on their own and contact me.

The fix is really easy as far as I am concerned. I just wished they would have verified that the 10rnd mags would not work with the metal rounds before shipping them out. I would not have ordered them.

What kind of ammo DSG?

3" Barnaul #4 Buck. Metal Casing

Cool.

Are you going to be sharing your modification info?

If you own a 4rnd Mag that does work with the Steel loads, line it up with the 10 rnd and notice the difference in length of the top feed lip.

I think Cobra provided pic's of this in another post.

All I did was shave the lip on both side with a hacksaw blade until it mimicked the 4rnd'r. Very Simple really. *******Do so at your own risk**********

If you do not feel comfortable doing this on your own, then Cobra is providing a service to do it. I am not.

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of ammo DSG?

Cool.

If you own a 4rnd Mag that does work with the Steel loads, line it up with the 10 rnd and notice the difference in length of the top feed lip.

All I did was shave the lip on both side with a hacksaw blade until it mimicked the 4rnd'r. Very Simple really. *******Do so at your own risk**********

If you do not feel comfortable doing this on your own, then Cobra is providing a service to do it. I am not.

Follow-up:

Have fired around 10 full mags through my adjusted mags. No jams or failure to fires.

Working like a charm!

What kind of ammo DSG?

Cool.

Follow-up:

Have fired around 10 full mags through my adjusted mags. No jams or failure to fires.

Working like a charm!

great work! and thank you very much for sharing your fix...you've made my "cool dude" list.

Working like a charm!

I just did one of mine tonight, it hand cycles well (it wouldn't even hand cycle before), I'll let you know how it goes, thanks for the heads-up. I bought some Surefire 10s to sell and then started hearing/seeing how piss-poor they worked, I've been sitting on a hand-full of them hoping for a fix so I can sell them. I hope they range test the new 15 rounder and the new 12rnd 12ga mag before they ship them, I will never buy one from their first run again, if I buy from them at all.

Working like a charm!

I just did one of mine tonight, it hand cycles well (it wouldn't even hand cycle before), I'll let you know how it goes, thanks for the heads-up. I bought some Surefire 10s to sell and then started hearing/seeing how piss-poor they worked, I've been sitting on a hand-full of them hoping for a fix so I can sell them. I hope they range test the new 15 rounder and the new 12rnd 12ga mag before they ship them, I will never buy one from their first run again, if I buy from them at all.

Good luck, should work well!

I have to say,playing with the 10s and 15 so far,havent had a problem with either of my 410s cycling.

Actually have too much fun with them after a while.

I have some 10s from the first and the followup run and I just kept the first to run with 3" plastic and the newer ones for the steel rounds.

Either way,I've found them to be quite well built and quite durable.

• 4 weeks later...

hey just got my first 10rd mag for x-mas and like everyone else said i had to do some cutting to make it feed right. i dont see how they could really sell a product they never tested cuz there is no way that the mag will feed any 3 inch shell without cutting back the tangs. but oh well made the cuts, it took me a few try of cutting then testing then sanding then testing then sanding a little more but i everntually gut it right to where it would hand cycle perfectly. i took it to the range this past weekend just to make sure it cycled good and perfoed flawlessly. outta 60 rounds never jammed once a lot better than i expected. it just sux to know that the next one im gonna buy im gonna have to cut right outta the box. hopefully another company will make a clip that will feed right without having to make mods.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm not the only one with this problem! Glad to see a solution exists. If anyone is interested; I emailed Surefire and they said they would replace the mag if returned. They have a 5 yr warrantee. Still waiting on a reply back to questions like; did they make a change to correct the problem or will I just get another of the same design, if revised are redesigned ones in stock, and how long will it take to get it.