Magazine conversions

On the bottom of the mag is a small opening in the floorplate. Use a small punch or screwdriver to press up on the piece of plastic that protrudes into that opening. The floorplate can now be slid off. Be careful to safely capture the spring and follower with your other hand. Put 10 rds in the empty mag body. Set the follower, without spring, in place. Mark the material on the sides of the follower to remove. I use a belt/disc sander. Go slow and check often to avoid removing too much material. The bottom spring retainer needs some material removed from the two 'legs'. Continue the try and fit method until you can slide the floorplate back in place with the ten rds, follower and spring retainer in position. Take off all the burrs/rough spots from the cut edges and reassemble with the mag spring in position. I have not had any difficulty with retaining the original length spring. Some people have recomended taking off 1 or 2 coils. YMMV.

Anyway, exactly what kind of scope mount do you have on it, lollygagger?

It's a chinese made Leaper's mount -I think it is designated as a model MNT-972.

Leapersmountscope.jpg

Leapersmount.jpg

Lollygagger :unsure: (it comes matt black -I added the olive )

What kinda eye releif you getting with that rig?

What kinda eye releif you getting with that rig?

The eye relief is normal...fine.

If I had used one of the mounts that does not extend forward (like the otherwise nice BP series) or, God help me, the mounts that extend BACKWARDS (Never figured out why they'd do that?) -that would have been a different story.

The factory Saiga mount does reasonbly well in the eye relief area -the Leaper's can give a little more because of the picatinney rail allowing a bit more forward placement.

Lollygagger :unsure:

Where did you get that stock with integrated pistol grip ?

That stock, I beleive is a "choate", or a "fiberforce" brand or similar style poly stock, available for any of the AK variants out there... do a search for choate or fiberforce on EBAY you will find dozens... ( or similar places that sell stocks!)

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms