It's not an AK, but...

Umm, what exactly IS that?
:lolol:

Ace is correct, it's a VZ58 pistol...becuase I can do that for now. Once I refinish it, I'll get a family photo of all of the rifle caliber pistols in the collection. I like building the pistols, as they require no US parts and they are a Form 1 and $200 away from being an SBR. :devil:

I really need to get a couple AK pistols to SBR at some point, too bad now one makes an under folder pistol without the stock. What is the deal with the handguard on the one at the top right? It looks like it has an HK front sight and a cut off wooden pistol grip. Is that just there to keep your hand from slipping over the muzzle? Anyway, NICE collection.

What is the deal with the handguard on the one at the top right? It looks like it has an HK front sight and a cut off wooden pistol grip. Is that just there to keep your hand from slipping over the muzzle? Anyway, NICE collection.

That one has a 5.75" barrel and I did the forend like that to kind of mimic the HK SP-89. It does have an HK triple tree for the front sight. Despite its 3" sight radius, it's a nice shooter. :devil:

FN-FAL pistols are just WRONG..... Besides doesn't it break your hand/wrist if you fire it?

If it's wrong, I don't want to be right. :devil:

Prior to my building exotic pistols, I owned a few of the Mag. Research Lone Eagles. One was in .308 and one was in .30-'06. The .308 was a pleasure to shoot and I could go out and put between 50 and 100 down range in a session. The most I could ever handle from the '06 was 5. After shooting 5 rounds through it, the web of my hand would be bruised for a week. Those were both single-shot breech loaders. These are all semis, save for the 870.

The 7,62x39's are like airsofts. The .308 and 7,62x54R (between the FAL & HK) are very tame as well. In fact, the recoil from my S&W 329 using my DE .44 loads makes these all pretty sorry in the recoil department. As they say, to each their own...and for me, make it several.

I have a virgin AR-10 receiver papered out as a pistol...guess what's next?:devil:

hey, am i wrong or is that 870 classified AOW, and not pistol?

Yep, she's an AOW. When I bought the shotgun, it was a new, factory piece that was pistol grip only. In order to AOW a shotgun, it must come from the factory in that configuration...basically a pistol. If it came with a buttstock, it's a shouldered-arm and has to be SBS'd. Confusing, ain't it? It also helps to be in with a C2 to take advantage of the $5 transfer, otherwise if you Form 1 it yourself it's a $200 manufacturing tax. Subsequent transfers thereafter are only $5 though. :devil:

The .308 and 7,62x54R (between the FAL & HK) are very tame as well. I

Dude...is that a typo? What the heck did you use for the mag?

Man, that FN FAL is awesome and how the hell did you make that work as a pistol? Would like to build one myself. Also is that a 7.62x54r?? And that looks kind of like a bren mag. Care to let us in on the secret on how to build one of those my buddy has alot of that ammo we could shoot up.

:lolol: 7,62x54R wasn't a typo and the mag is a lightly modded Finnish DP-26 LMG 20 rounder. To build one, you'll need a PSL parts set and a receiver papered out as a pistol. I used a Coldsteel Solutions bent blank to eliminate any doubt. The barrel is 12" and I used a Yugo gas block and FSB.

To build the FAL, you'll need to shorten everything in the gas system and use a Para bolt carrier assembly. I used an Ace adapter for the rear of the receiver until I come up with something else. As with the PSL, the receiver is a CAI that I had papered out as a pistol. :devil:

Edited by Surly
:lolol: 7,62x54R wasn't a typo and the mag is a lightly modded Finnish DP-26 LMG 20 rounder. To build one, you'll need a PSL parts set and a receiver papered out as a pistol. I used a Coldsteel Solutions bent blank to eliminate any doubt. The barrel is 12" and I used a Yugo gas block and FSB.

You're nutts.....but that's beyond friggen cool :smoke:

To build the FAL, you'll need to shorten everything in the gas system and use a Para bolt carrier assembly. I used an Ace adapter for the rear of the receiver until I come up with something else. As with the PSL, the receiver is a CAI that I had papered out as a pistol. :devil:

I need one of them, just sweet. :up:

How easy was that VZ-58 build? I have an extra kit lying around and am thinking about using it.

The toughest part of doing the VZ was figuring out how to eliminate the f/a provisions in the FCG. The receiver isn't milled for them and you'll figure out what needs to go when you start going on it. Everything else was pretty simple and straight forward if you've done a rivet build with an AK...pressing the barrel, etc. It's a damned nice shooter and I have no regrets in adding it to the collection. :devil: