Is it crazy to like the gun with out trigger guard?

I have one of my gun converted and put together just with out trigger guard, it was on order. I plan on only using this one at the range for shits and giggles. I know it is not as safe but I don't have it laying around chambered or anything.

I know it looks a little half ass but I want this gun to look low-brow. I plan on trying some clear and other colors gray rust in duracoat to add to the rustic look. Would it be totally retarded to have one with out a trigger guard? Everyone that has seen it since then has asked were it was.

I have used it at a range in Kentucky and one in Louisiana. As for the police taking it because it is a unsafe firearm I don't know. It sound unsafe but really if the trigger guard is just to guard the trigger from accidental pull I don't really see that as any safer then having the safety on , BHO back, or unloaded.

Also I know it has been up before but is it legal to remove the importer info from a Saiga-12. Or every thing but the serial number. I'm talking about a regular Saiga 12 not a NFA weapon. I was wondering because I want to remove the SAIGA 12 from the right side and press other text on it. Anyone know if that is OK?

I have used it at a range in Kentucky and one in Louisiana. As for the police taking it because it is a unsafe firearm I don't know. It sound unsafe but really if the trigger guard is just to guard the trigger from accidental pull I don't really see that as any safer then having the safety on , BHO back, or unloaded.

Also I know it has been up before but is it legal to remove the importer info from a Saiga-12. Or every thing but the serial number. I'm talking about a regular Saiga 12 not a NFA weapon. I was wondering because I want to remove the SAIGA 12 from the right side and press other text on it. Anyone know if that is OK?

Just remember that they are there for a reason. I personally would like to have one or something even if I to fab one up. Just be careful and don't let the wrong person see it.

What happens if you drop your gun and the unshielded trigger hits a table edge, branch, or anything else? Oh right. The gun will FIRE in a direction that is totally out of your control.

Police and ATF agents have been known to confiscate such unsafe firearms, as well they should. You NEED a trigger guard. Almost every gun made in the last 200 years has had one, with a VERY good reason. Don't be stupid!

put a trigger gaurd on it. it's not cool not to have one like not wearing a helmet is cool because your not the only one that could get hurt. don't make it look half ass, it's not a rat rod. put it together right then beat the shit out of it and make it look like a battlefield pick up. i don't even think a haaji would be runnin around with a trigger-gaurd-less rifle.

Well, I suppose it's your gun, but an AD is just waiting to happen, and if anyone gets hurt, or any property damage is done, your user-removed trigger guard will be assumed to be the culprit in the inevitable lawsuit.

That said, the British Inch pattern L1A1 rifle has a foldable trigger guard. A screw in the front of the PG is removed, a strip comes out of the PG with the trigger guard attached to it, the trigger guard is swiveled around and the strip reinstalled, with the trigger guard now inside the hollowed out PG. It's use was for shooting with mittens. Also, our own M16/M4 rifles' trigger guard has a spring plunger holding it at one end, and a solid pin at the other. A small tool or bullet tip can be used to push in the spring plunger, allowing the trigger guard to swing down and hang freely, to be fired with mittens.

What happens if you drop your gun and the unshielded trigger hits a table edge, branch, or anything else? Oh right. The gun will FIRE in a direction that is totally out of your control.

Police and ATF agents have been known to confiscate such unsafe firearms, as well they should. You NEED a trigger guard. Almost every gun made in the last 200 years has had one, with a VERY good reason. Don't be stupid!

Was asking for an opinion not someone to preach with ass tone :rolleyes:

Well, I suppose it's your gun, but an AD is just waiting to happen, and if anyone gets hurt, or any property damage is done, your user-removed trigger guard will be assumed to be the culprit in the inevitable lawsuit.

That said, the British Inch pattern L1A1 rifle has a foldable trigger guard. A screw in the front of the PG is removed, a strip comes out of the PG with the trigger guard attached to it, the trigger guard is swiveled around and the strip reinstalled, with the trigger guard now inside the hollowed out PG. It's use was for shooting with mittens. Also, our own M16/M4 rifles' trigger guard has a spring plunger holding it at one end, and a solid pin at the other. A small tool or bullet tip can be used to push in the spring plunger, allowing the trigger guard to swing down and hang freely, to be fired with mittens.

Well put, I have one so I guess I should put it on. It's not cold nuff here for mittens anyway :haha2: thanks man for a respectful reply

As long as there isn't any law against ,its your gun .Have fun.

opinions are like a$$holles ...everyone has one

hmmmmm

Even though these things have no trigger guard they have a very short trigger without much leverage and a hook shape to snag on stuff. Also you have to pull VERY hard to fire. So on a rifle or handgun that is supposed to have a trigger guard. Please use one.

post-6703-1226708809_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1227072910_thumb.jpg

LOL! ....next.....

hmmmmm

Even though these things have no trigger guard they have a very short trigger without much leverage and a hook shape to snag on stuff. Also you have to pull VERY hard to fire. So on a rifle or handgun that is supposed to have a trigger guard. Please use one.

post-6703-1226708809_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1227072910_thumb.jpg

LOL! ....next.....

Aw man, it's like one of those "Mind Fuck" pictures!!!!!

I told you the honest truth: that it's a matter of public safety and that police will probably confiscate your gun if you happen to run into one at the range. But since you are so rude and appear to have such a blatant disregard for public safety, let me tell you that if I ever caught someone at the range without a trigger guard, I would immediately inform the rangemaster that there is an unsafe firearm at his facility. Most likely he would make you put it away or leave.

Yes, you're crazy to like the gun without the trigger guard. And you're the kind of person who shouldn't be handling guns if you think it's acceptable to endanger peoples' lives just because you "like it" that way. A firearm is a responsibility, and if you choose to use it in an irresponsible manner you can get someone killed. It's not up for debate. It's not a case of like or dislike. That gun needs a trigger guard. Period. End of story.