What's a fair price

I'd say the same or even a bit less. I walked out of a local store with a 16" NIB for $295 including tax, and I thought that was a tad expensive. Retail on these things are $359 and the dealers get it for closer to $220~. Shows you how much profit they're making.

$500 if I wanted one bad and wasn't married.

Just fork over $100 more and get yourself a VEPR. The whole appeal of the Saiga is the low price. Without that, the VEPR is clearly a superior choice.

Edited by RooK

I JUST BOUGHT a NIB 19" 20 gauge ( havent even gotten it in the mail yet....) for $199.00+$17.00 shipping, I will have to pay a $10.00 FFL xfer fee too when it arrives. so.... $226.00 TOTAL... not TOO bad for a 19" 20 gauge... NIB condition.

Edited by IndyArms

Well, SmileyGuy... ya got me looking :eek: ... and the money is available... so I wound up BUYING!!! :smoke:

I just bought one off Gunbroker 22" barrel, with the WOOD furniture...

$329.95 + $20.00 shipping + $10.00 FFL X-fer... so....

$359.00 all told.....

I guess the way I see it.... If ya WANT something bad enough ya pay for it... considering there will PROBABLY BE NO MORE... I figure I had better get snagging them up NOW, while I still can...

I seem to be working on a whole set... had the .410, bought a 20 gauge last night... picked up the .308 tonight.... maybe grab up the 12 gauge tomorrow.. who knows.. whats next??? .223?? a second .308 with a 16" barrel??? we will just have to see, I guess! :smoke:

$500 if I wanted one bad and wasn't married.

Just fork over $100 more and get yourself a VEPR. The whole appeal of the Saiga is the low price. Without that, the VEPR is clearly a superior choice.

I think Rook has a very good pointe here. The Saigas strongest selling point was always "price". But for the same money the VEPR is a more refined peice of hardware.

I agree with ya 110% GOB.... Thats why I am trying to snag up as many as I can NOW... Thanks to the Good ol' IRS.... they are paying for my hobby!! GO FIGURE!!

As long as everything continues according to PLAN... NEXT week by friday, I will buy ( in addition to the 20 gauge and 308 I got this week) a couple of 12 gauges, it will be a miracle if I can find a 19 inch with threaded chokes... but I will TRY... as well as another 308 in 16 inch barrel config, and a .223... I cant see getting a 7.62X39 one, as I already have a WASR in that caliber.. so why bother.. ( other than to complete the collection!) That extra $250 I dont spend on that one is going to go for a Savage Varminter (fluted heavy SS barrel) chambered in .204 Ruger.

THEN the thrill of spending more loot to customize MOST of them.. WOOHOOO!!!!

Try to grab em up before there are NONE left to get! :smoke:

Hell... THATS A good notion!!!.. I could get one of them ANYWAYS.... But I am very interested in the .204 ruger... besides... 4300 FPS gives me velocity wood... they dont seem to have much bad to say about them... and the ballistic cooefficient seems to make the bullet invisible to wind drift... will make for a GOOD lil varmint gun without TOO much ass... :smoke: