Inmates are running the asylum

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewI...?Item=116830192

Up for sale I have a Century Arms Yugoslavian AK47 Model M70AB2 Underfolder Rifle. This rifle is in great condition and is used. I have shot about 300 rounds through this rifle and have cleaned and oiled it every 100 rounds. I have upgraded the trigger group to a US Tapco G2 trigger system which is much smoother than the trigger group provided by Century. I have also upgraded the trigger pin retainer to a plate style retainer for ease of removal of the trigger group for cleaning. This rifle is very accurate and has been sighted in. This rifle is a pleasure to shoot. I hate to sell this but I could really use the money right now. The only issues I can see with this rifle is that the front sight base is slightly canted by a degree or two (like most). These are manufactured from an original Yugoslavian parts kit along with new American parts so it is not cosmetically perfect but still a very nice look. I have refinished the handguards and they came out very nice. I will include a cleaning kit if I can find it. Also included is 2 30 round magazines, the original box, and an owners manual. This is an early Yugo M70AB2 as the later models came with cheap plastic handguards and a cheap pistol grip. This has the original Yugoslavian style pistol grip. If you have any questions please let me know buying. This rifle feeds, fires, and cycles, and functions perfectly. All sales final. Your FFL must accept firearms from an Individual so please make certain this is ok with your FFL holder. Only ships to states or areas where legal NO ACCEPTIONS.

[information added 11/22/2008 7:28:12 PM]

Forgot to mention Bayonet also included.

A short synopsis: Guy sold his used Yugo M70AB2 for $2351.00 (yes, that is two thousand three hundred and fifty-one dollars)

I've heard some talk on other boards that there have been a lot of ridiculous sales going on gun broker, but a lot of the sellers aren't getting paid. Speculations include people bidding to drive up the perceived value, sellers bidding under different log in names to drive up prices, or someone just fucking around.

During this panic buying we're experiencing, I've seen several SELL in the $800 range. If you look at the bid history on this item, after it passed that level, only two bidders went back and forth...one of the two eventually winnig at that price. One of the guys has one feedback, the other has three. It stinks of a shill to me. Probably some jerk-asses trying to drive up prices. I've bought and sold ancient relics for years, and some guys used to pull this crap all the time. I mean, if you see one go for $2300, the uninformed might not hesitate to pay $1500 for a rifle thay shouldn't pay a third of that for. That, or just a couple of newbies who are to stupid to price stuff before they rush to buy.

From my observations on Chinese stuff, SKS's, and AK's, all are up probably 30 to 50 percent, with a few Mak 90s with milled receivers approaching a grand or more.

NIB AK's over 1500, thats probably an all time high from what I have seen.

I should have stocked up on all those sub 400 Maks right after the ban, and made them 922 R compliant, I could probably have made an 80% profit on all of them.

All I know is my safes are definitely worth more now, than before the election.