Tromix Waiting List

I like my new full size S12 so much that I decided to pick up a second S12 for conversion into a 8" shorty. I found one NIB for $589.

Anyway, from what I rememeber hearing, the Tromix waiting list is so long that they are not even accepting add ons to the waiting list any more. Is this true? If so, that seems a little odd.

I just thought I'd ask you guys rather than bother Tromix with a phone call, as if they are really that busy, then they probably don't really want phone calls.

I like my new full size S12 so much that I decided to pick up a second S12 for conversion into a 8" shorty. I found one NIB for $589.

Anyway, from what I rememeber hearing, the Tromix waiting list is so long that they are not even accepting add ons to the waiting list any more. Is this true? If so, that seems a little odd.

I just thought I'd ask you guys rather than bother Tromix with a phone call, as if they are really that busy, then they probably don't really want phone calls.

I know that's the popular word around here. Every other smith is behind at least a few months.

However, I'm curious just how many people Tromix has in line right now? Along the same lines I'm curious how big of an operation Tromix is? Is it 3-5 guys running the company? If so, I can certainly understand only being able to handle a few guns a day.

-Emt1581

Depending on the type of build, Tony can build between 3-7 guns per day.

However, he has hired a TiG welder to assist him and throughput has just about doubled. Today he did 11.

The reason that Tony stops taking orders is simple. When you take orders that are to be delivered a year away, a large number of them cancel when it's finally time to do the build.

Depending on the type of build, Tony can build between 3-7 guns per day.

However, he has hired a TiG welder to assist him and throughput has just about doubled. Today he did 11.

The reason that Tony stops taking orders is simple. When you take orders that are to be delivered a year away, a large number of them cancel when it's finally time to do the build.

You know, I was just about to ask this question. I was curious if Tony was dividing up the labor in specialties, like teach some high school kid to do the simple stuff and let him focus on the more skilled labor. I mean, if you got a waiting list reaching out well over a year, it's definitely time to look into labor changes. Good to hear he doubled production!

If assault weapons are banned, we will have to stop making them. There will be some advance notice as the bill goes through and we will work hard to get all the current orders out, but once signed into law that's it.

If assault weapons are banned, we will have to stop making them. There will be some advance notice as the bill goes through and we will work hard to get all the current orders out, but once signed into law that's it.

Adding on to that I gotta ask...what will you do then?? I mean essentially you'll be out of business right?

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

Tony (Tromix),

Please hire more workers. Demand is high now, but there is no way it will be this high forever. Competitors will gain ground if new laws don't get you first. Business 101 man. You have the demand and reputation to move to the next level, and there is no better time than now. If you are worried that new workers will try and steal your ideas, make them sign a simple non-compete contract. You would make more money while the time is ideal, build your company, and satisfy your customers. Best of luck either way.

Tony (Tromix),

Please hire more workers. Demand is high now, but there is no way it will be this high forever. Competitors will gain ground if new laws don't get you first. Business 101 man. You have the demand and reputation to move to the next level, and there is no better time than now. If you are worried that new workers will try and steal your ideas, make them sign a simple non-compete contract. You would make more money while the time is ideal, build your company, and satisfy your customers. Best of luck either way.

I'm afraid it's not that simple. People buy Tromix because they are made by Tony Rumore. It's helpful to have some of the work done by skilled labor (which is damn hard to find BTW), but when you get your gun you know it came from the hand of the master.

Demand for Tromix is no higher than it was last year. LOL @ suggesting "business 101" to the most successful Saiga smith in the world. Tony's business model is honed over years of successful operation and thousands of guns.

Tony (Tromix),

I'm afraid it's not that simple. People buy Tromix because they are made by Tony Rumore. It's helpful to have some of the work done by skilled labor (which is damn hard to find BTW), but when you get your gun you know it came from the hand of the master.

Demand for Tromix is no higher than it was last year. LOL @ suggesting "business 101" to the most successful Saiga smith in the world. Tony's business model is honed over years of successful operation and thousands of guns.

But as someone already suggested, how would quality be an issue if you hired some kid to do the simple stuff (organizing, cleaning up, etc.) if not a little more challenging work? My local dealer/smith has done this. It's not "some kid" but he is a part timer and he STILL had to hire someone to help do some work and help out behind the counter.

Also, the difference this year is that people are shitting their pants that you won't LEGALLY be allowed to COMPLETE their project. This doesn't just go for Tromix, this is a national problem I'm finding the more and more I talk to people. Smiths as well as dealers are having the hardest time I've ever seen meeting the demand that skyrocketed in the last few months.

-Emt1581

Edited by emt1581
The possible AWB wouldn't affect new SBSs though, would it?

If one has a stock S12 and knows for sure that they intend to have it converted into an SBS, then they could always go ahead and register it now.

But personally, I don't think any potential AWB is going to affect NFA weapons, at least not SBS's and SBR's. The governement is smart enough to know that a $200 tax per weapon is a nice meal ticket for simply running a background check, filinlg some paperwork, and mailing the customer back a pretty stamp. :devil:

OOOOHHHHH! Somebody's about to get their ass chewed out. :haha:

No no. I didn't mean it like that. But that must be some people's perception. I mean look at the replies! Everyone is crying to speed things up.

I personally have re-though getting mine tricked out for the time being just because I have to wait to even get the form. Then I have to jump through a few hoops, file it, and by the time it comes back, Obama could convince congress to pass a bill banning anything that doesn't shoot bb's...! Find a smith in my area that'll do it is that hard part.

-Emt1581

No no. I didn't mean it like that. But that must be some people's perception. I mean look at the replies! Everyone is crying to speed things up.

I personally have re-though getting mine tricked out for the time being just because I have to wait to even get the form. Then I have to jump through a few hoops, file it, and by the time it comes back, Obama could convince congress to pass a bill banning anything that doesn't shoot bb's...! Find a smith in my area that'll do it is that hard part.

-Emt1581

Just messin' wit ya bro. :lolol: If you're thinkin' about gettin' your shottie converted, you

should hit up ripper1. He's good ppl, and I got my baby there at his shop so that he could

hook it up. I still hope that the Tromix waiting list opens up sometime in the near future.

I can only just dream about her, for now. :wub:

-Emt1581

Just messin' wit ya bro. :lolol: If you're thinkin' about gettin' your shottie converted, you

should hit up ripper1. He's good ppl, and I got my baby there at his shop so that he could

hook it up. I still hope that the Tromix waiting list opens up sometime in the near future.

I can only just dream about her, for now. :wub:

Well I already spoke about it with a few smiths here, but what I figure I'll do is send in my form/prints/etc. When I get it back, I'll see who has the shortest line and go from there. I haven't heard anyone say anything about anyone sucking at doing work on Saigas here and I'd hope the bad would be just as shared as the good....

-Emt1581

Also, the difference this year is that people are shitting their pants that you won't LEGALLY be allowed to COMPLETE their project because the company is doing nothing to speed things up. -Emt1581

I just fucking told you that we doubled our current production capability in the last week.

Why people feel the need to post inflammatory shit like this is beyond me. You think we have some kind of OBLIGATION to you because of the administration change?

When you buy a Tromix gun, you are getting the finest available. We won't compromise that, you can count on it.

Also, the difference this year is that people are shitting their pants that you won't LEGALLY be allowed to COMPLETE their project because the company is doing nothing to speed things up. -Emt1581

I just fucking told you that we doubled our current production capability in the last week.

Why people feel the need to post inflammatory shit like this is beyond me. You think we have some kind of OBLIGATION to you because of the administration change?

When you buy a Tromix gun, you are getting the finest available. We won't compromise that, you can count on it.

First off, get off your high horse! I already said it was an error of words and I haden't intended for it to to come out the way it did. I just forgot to edit the post.

Second, you're talking about my post as being "inflammatory shit"?...Maybe re-read yours...before you pop a blood vessel.

I'm not sure what admin. changes you're talking about, but as far as obligation...isn't that what a company is? Someone who provides a good or service for paying customers. I'm not saying crack the whip, hire a ton of people, and make everyone happy while losing a profit. What I meant to imply was that people here seem to be between a rock and a hard place because they have no clue what Obama is going to do (along with congress) and it seems like all smiths as well as gun shops accross the country are having a hell of a time keeping up with demand.

Now again, I meant no offense in what I said, and I'm going to edit it immediately. Hopefully that'll clear things up as to my intentions because I'm certainly not out to offend anyone or make any enemies here.

-Emt1581

If Tromix is able to beat down their waiting list faster than originally expected over the next 3-6 months, I'm sure they will be sure to post the re-opening of the list here ASAP. I really don't mind waiting, as to me, Quality is the most important thing. I've used Red Jacket Firearms for a few AK builds, as Will does top notch work. I'm sure he could do an 8" shorty just fine, but Tromix has the best overall S12 reputation, so I'll try to hold out for a while.

But hey, if anybody wants to sell me their place in the Tromix line....just let me know. :lolol:

Edited by Tactical_T

Bullshit like this doesn't make me angry; I hear it all the time.

Normally I ignore it but for some reason I chose to comment on this one, not sure why.

"High Horse" lol...frankly the idea that you would have some suggestion to increase throughput that we haven't thought of is a little arrogant.

I'm not sure what admin. changes you're talking about, but as far as obligation...isn't that what a company is? Someone who provides a good or service for paying customers.

I'm not sure what business you're in, but this statement shows a fundamental lack of understanding of our business model. No hard feelings though, let me explain something to you: Since the Saiga conversion business will basically coming to an end if the AWB passes, it's in our best interest to build as many guns as possible beforehand. However, Tromix is famous for QUALITY. Every gun that goes out gets the same personal attention. That's why they are so highly coveted.

I think Tony (Tromix) is doing the right thing. I apply this also to Cobra, MD, and others. They are professionals that are just as concerned about the quality of thier work, their reputation, the product and the service they provide. This has been lost on most companies in the US. Yes, you can reduce time and increase production in an assembly line, mass produced environment. Customizing a firearm should not be a mass produced effort. Quality craftsmen in this country is at an all time low. There are few true gunsmiths left anymore, mostly tinkerers that can take off the shelf products and slap it on a standard frame. These guys are artists of the Saiga 12.

If they rushed things they could turn around projects faster, but risk producing a lower quality product. This in turn will get out to the public and lower the reputation, which in the long haul will lower the revenue. Tromix has to do what is right for the company and the customers. Sure, the waiting list and projected time frame to take new orders is a long one, but if he took in more orders than they can handle, make promises they can't keep.... or farmed out work to other people to do... What do you think the opinion of this company would be as the end result?

This does not affect me personally right now, since I am not interested in an SBS. However, if and when I am interested in such a conversion, I certainly want to know that I can trust Tromix to produce the same quality they do to day, as they have in the past.

I got out of the private consulting business primarily due to people just like you emt1581, if I was still in the business and you came to me, I would turn you away in a heart beat and never think twice about it. If you don't want to wait, then find someone else, if you can't find someonelse I hope you get what you want. From reading your astronomical number of posts in such a short period of time regarding so many things that you failed to even attempt to research, IMHO you have, or attempting to, bite off more than you can chew.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

I own a SBS Saiga 12 and had it cutdown and modified by another smith who is known for doing good work, but after handling a tromix krink saiga 12 there is no comparison. I only waited a week to have my saiga work completed but understand why Tromix is so desireable. I now am going to send it to Tromix and let the saiga master complete her. If Tony didnt put his expertise into every gun Tromix would be just another smith who works on Saiga 12's with a 7 day turnaround time..