Got my Surefire Saiga 12, 13rd mags from CSS...

I ordered mine on 12/14, hopefully I'll be getting a shipping email soon!!!

Since 12/24/08 we have sent out several hundred mags. We have been receiving 100 every 3 days or so. All orders placed up to 12/10/08 have shipped. The next shipment is expected on Monday 1/5/09 and we will be able to ship all orders placed from 12/10/08 and most of 12/11/08.

Production will start moving much faster with the holidays over and the shipment sizes will increase. We will start catching up quickly on all pre-orders after next week.

I am going to extend the $47.95 pre-order price until every pre-order is filled. We had originally planned on being caught up by the 1/1/09, but the first shipments had been delayed a few weeks.

You can still pre-order them for $47.95 for a little while if you do not mind waiting a few weeks for them to ship to you. Once we are caught up they will be $49.95.

Shipping is by Priority USPS. They are the quickest. We charge $7 for the first magazine and around $1 for each additional.

We really appreciate everyone's business and I always try to return email's and phone calls as soon as possible. Email's and PM's are still the easiest way to catch me.

Thanks again,

Greg

Thanks Greg for the updates, excellent communication, and the opportunity to get these at such a great price.

Wh00 h0000!

Santa (the mailman) just brought my belated Christmas presents! 5 x 12(13) Round SGM magazines, a SGM Tri-Rail Foregrip, and a Tapco Vert Grip from G

IMGP0834.JPG

I had to file down the rear part of the top rib on the mag a little bit to get it to seat in and pass the mag catch.

With 12 rounds loaded it inserts smoothly on a closed bolt. With 13 rounds you have to really man handle it and the top tip of the shell gets a little deformed.

Here's it is with some of it's brothers...

IMGP0836.JPG

A big thanks goes out to Greg from Carolina Shooters Supply for pimping my ride! Great communication and super helpful!

Next payday it's pistol grip, FCG, and Ace folding stock. :D

More gun pr0n pics if anyone's interested

What is SGM?...I'm guessing the S is for Surefire.

Also, nice Five-seveN. I bought one as an investment of sorts a few years ago when there was a panic that they would be banned. I also bought three boxes of ss192 ammo. Well it was hell trying to sell the gun without much of a loss so I ended up trading it for my 700P. Great pistol though!

-Emt1581

Wh00 h0000!

Santa (the mailman) just brought my belated Christmas presents! 5 x 12(13) Round SGM magazines, a SGM Tri-Rail Foregrip, and a Tapco Vert Grip from G

IMGP0834.JPG

I had to file down the rear part of the top rib on the mag a little bit to get it to seat in and pass the mag catch.

With 12 rounds loaded it inserts smoothly on a closed bolt. With 13 rounds you have to really man handle it and the top tip of the shell gets a little deformed.

Here's it is with some of it's brothers...

IMGP0836.JPG

A big thanks goes out to Greg from Carolina Shooters Supply for pimping my ride! Great communication and super helpful!

Next payday it's pistol grip, FCG, and Ace folding stock. :D

More gun pr0n pics if anyone's interested

Looks good. Fits in perfect with the USP and the 5.7.

We should have the Ace folding stocks in soon and some new tactical muzzle breaks in the next few weeks.

I really enjoyed shooting my 5.7 until the ammo went crazy. My USP 45 is the first bedside gun. Very nice stuff.

Greg

What is SGM?...I'm guessing the S is for Surefire.

SGM is SureFire Gun Mags, they also use SGM Tactical for the forearms and the new products that will be releasing soon.

Next year I see many new products available for these. Lots of options to make it your own.

Greg

Hey AkuSaru,

I don't mean to derail this thread, but I've got the same gun as you (minus the awesome accessories). If we use the SureFire mags in our gun's current configuration, isn't that a 922R violation? I thought us threaded-barrel types would still be left with 11 non-US made parts.

Sorry. The gun looks amazing!

Hey AkuSaru,

I don't mean to derail this thread, but I've got the same gun as you (minus the awesome accessories). If we use the SureFire mags in our gun's current configuration, isn't that a 922R violation? I thought us threaded-barrel types would still be left with 11 non-US made parts.

Actually the surefire mags come with a little card in them that says if you use the mag it meets ALL THREE of the 922r requirements. I guess the body, spring, and follower count as individual parts. Not sure how correct that is though.

-Emt1581

Hey AkuSaru,

Actually the surefire mags come with a little card in them that says if you use the mag it meets ALL THREE of the 922r requirements. I guess the body, spring, and follower count as individual parts. Not sure how correct that is though.

-Emt1581

My local gun shop called me yesterday and said they had 4 of these surefire mags.(they also have 1/2 dozen Tromix guns waiting to be transfered)I told them to set 2 aside for me.I will get out to the range next weekend.They look crazy in this gun.

They take a bit of effort to lock into my newer,stock S12.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Rice...pg?t=1230992386

Edited by RRice
Hey AkuSaru,

-Emt1581

It's the mag body, follower, and floor plate that make up the 3 compliance parts. The spring doesn't count for anything.

Since it's a US mag, it doesn't violate 922R. If you put a Russian 8 rd mag in there without converting the gun properly, then it's a violation.....or if you screw a foreign muzzle attachment on those threads, like a Russian flash hider.

With all this 922r crap...I'm curious how many cases have EVER been made to prosecute violators? Seriously, is there some federal agent(s) that are in charge of worryng about how many parts foreign/domestic a gun has? Are they the same bunch that makes sure no one's cutting tags off of mattresses they haven't purchased and making sure no one is copying movies from Blockbuster??

-Emt1581

I tried one of my mags last night on my Kalishnakov USA model S-12. Wouldn't quite go in, finally applied a little pressure and it went in. When I pulled it out I noticed the mag opening on the receiver shaved off the back two corners of the mag, rounding them. Goes in smooth now.

-Emt1581

I'm still not completely sure that that's the case, though. So, if the Saiga 12 with the threaded barrel has 14 foreign-made parts, and the magazine counts for 3, and the gun must have no more than 10 foreign-made parts in it before you put a high-cap on it, and you put a SureFire mag on it, then the gun is a high-capacity foreign shotgun with 11 foreign-made parts.

I suppose you could get a US made piston, or stock, and come down to 10 and be OK, though.

Is this right?

With all this 922r crap...I'm curious how many cases have EVER been made to prosecute violators? Seriously, is there some federal agent(s) that are in charge of worryng about how many parts foreign/domestic a gun has? Are they the same bunch that makes sure no one's cutting tags off of mattresses they haven't purchased and making sure no one is copying movies from Blockbuster??

-Emt1581

Couple things out of the way first:

1. I'm paranoid

2. I've got a good job with a lot to lose. One slip and I'm hosed forever.

3. I'm prone to hyperbole

With that said, our Saigas ain't mattress tags, and the ATF ain't the DMV. I'd rather err on the side of ridiculous paranoia than get the guys that did Waco and Ruby Ridge interested in me in the least. While the law is vague, and there's no "real" definition of "high-capacity", they've historically been given leeway to misinterpret the law how they see fit. Kind of a "shoot first, ask questions never" type of deal.

I'd just rather not walk the line when The Line can so easily be moved without notice.

Sorry to hijack. So, what's the procedure for cutting down the SureFires?

-Emt1581

The card that came with my mags did not say it meets ALL THREE of the requirements, it says it counts as THREE COMPLIANT PARTS.

So you either need a US gas piston, a US foregrip, or a US barrel attachment (polychoke).

I have a brand new S-12 from like a month ago, that I have never even shot. The factory mags fit real tight, but the surefire ones won't even load. At first they wouldn't even fit in the hole, but after I pushed hard and shaved off the back corners, they went in. Now I can't get the mag catch to grab the lip... it seems the plastic band at the top of the magazine is too high and hits the receiver before the mag catches.

Anybody else encounter this and any suggestions?

Did you try locking it back rather quick & hard? Sometimes if it's just slightly off you can still get it to catch. The new gun we shot last weekend required a pretty quick jam to get it to lock onto the mag, but they would go.

I think the fix is to remove a little material from the top edge of the mag lock/latch.

OK they fit if I shove them in hard as shit it barely clicks in.

I don't want to modify a $650 gun for a $50 mag so I guess I will contact surefire to check if I can modify it.

The mags are very strong and designed to fit tight.

Make sure your gun and magazine are unloaded. Place the front hook in its correct place and grab the front bottom of the mag and pull very firmly back towards you. You will not break it. It should lock into place. You may have to tap on the mag release to release the mag the first few times.

Do this 10 times or so and it should be perfect. You can also file the bottom of the catch tab a little at a time until it fits. It will NOT void the warranty.

Some guns will be tighter than others and will need minor fitting. Usually all that is required is working it in and out of the gun. If you take the measurement from 10 guns, you will most likely get 10 different measurements.

Please call me if you are still having problems.

Greg

I just got mine yesterday. With today being my birthday, it seems fitting. :rolleyes:

Something I noticed was that the top rib (where it meets the bottom of the receiver) isn't parallel to the receiver. Just a cosmetic thing, as it seems to lock in just fine. I assume this is normal.

surefire.jpg

Corbin

*EDIT* I fired 40 rounds through it today and just picked up another 100 rounds to try out tomorrow. It flew through the rounds without a hitch. I tried light loads on setting 2 and 00 buck on setting 1. Flawless.

Edited by Corbin
I just got mine yesterday. With today being my birthday, it seems fitting. :rolleyes:

Something I noticed was that the top rib (where it meets the bottom of the receiver) isn't parallel to the receiver. Just a cosmetic thing, as it seems to lock in just fine. I assume this is normal.

surefire.jpg

Corbin

My AGP mags have ribs that look very similar to that.

• 2 weeks later...
I wish I could shoot my competitions that fast.

If you could be that fast on the trigger with normal aimed fire, THAT would be scary. Obviously, except at close range, this rapid fire trick would just waste ammo, as you can imagine. It's fun though, and it's a good way to test for reliability of the shotgun and the magazine.

Corbin