A red laser sight is just about WORTHLESS in the daytime, outside, unless its early morning, or evening, when its starting to get dark.... during a bright day... forget it... you will NEVER see it, unless its less than 15 feet from you....

:smoke:

Hey, the guy with the laser on the rifle makes a good target!

Yes lasers look good at the movies, were they belong. Takes to long to

search for a laser dot on a target, the other guy has his led going

Towards you already, light one at night and makes a perfect target

to any one around and no, no real sniper will use a laser sight

unless is on a Hollywood movie.

Use a infrared target acquisition dot, just like a laser but need a

night vision scope to see the ligt dot on target, good stuff

until the other guys start to use infrared filters on there scopes

and well, just like a laser, was a perfect target any time of the day.

Edited by vjor

Even if you could find them, would it really be worth the price? I think fun to play with at the range as the sun goes down, but they really aren't practical. A good flashlight is a better idea, you can blind/identify an intruder before firing.

Indoor or outdoor range???

Good luck with it.. I have used lasers on rifles out and about... VERY difficult to see when its a bright sunny day!!!

maybe a GREEN one??? they run like triple the price of a high intensity red one!

supposedly they are MUCH better for outdoor use, though... never SEEN one outside...

:smoke:

• 3 weeks later...

the only time i could see a laser being practical is on a pistol, or shot gun indoors, in the dark, at close range... maybe. think about it, why would you want a lazer on a scope. thats whay thye have cross hairs. a lazer is a giant red arrow pointing you out at night, and worthless druing the day. what you realy want is a red dot. the only advantage a lazer has over a red dot is you see it when the rifel isnt shouldered, which could be usefull maybe for close quarters combat. even then, i think i might take a red dot.

I've used them on AK's, among other weapons.

Yes, they are limited, but being able to sight without shouldering the weapons has it's points.

Here's my "junk" MAK90 with a laser attached -it can be "co-witnessed" with a scope:

26095AK_MMO_-C.JPG

I'm probably going to do this to one of the equipment mounts I use on my Saiga's/Rom's...probably one of the BP series ones, when I get around to it. Easy enough to do -just need a little Weaver/Picatinny rail to drill & tap on.

Now you got me going, guess I'll have to do it this week end.

Lollygagger :unsure: