Why is my new $1200 Arsenal Krinkov rougher than my $339 Sai

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is over a year old. Yes, sopmod got a shitty unit, but it was the exception not the rule. Arsenal puts out a great product.

Yeah, the order of magnitude difference in price made me wonder as well. Still, for $38...   They also have an AK-105 FSB for $108. Would that work?

Yeah, due to updates, they better fix that shit for you. If you want to use an AAC can on there, get serious about a replacement.

Every time I call Arsenal(even before this)I never get an answer just a recording so I left a link to another thread I started on MIGETA http://www.migeta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5085 in their comments box with my phone number.

I have this funny feeling that they might be playing kind of fast and loose.

If any of you are members on MIGETA please post your opinion in my thread(maybe it will help me get a replacement rifle).

Thanks

Well,I spoke with Nadia at Arsenal and she had her manager look at the pics and they gave me an RMA immediately.The only problem is that the rifle cannot be replaced so it must be repaired and it could take as long 2 months for them to get the needed parts from Bulgaria.

Should I go ahead and send it off to Arsenal Inc for 2 months?

Well,I spoke with Nadia at Arsenal and she had her manager look at the pics and they gave me an RMA immediately.The only problem is that the rifle cannot be replaced so it must be repaired and it could take as long 2 months for them to get the needed parts from Bulgaria.

Yeap, give them a second chance at the thing. You've gone through this much trouble already, you might as well. Worst case scenario you get it back, it still sucks, and you fix it and are out 2 months AND what it costs you. but really, you have others guns, and fixing it yourself is your only other real alternative. 2 months sucks, but its better than biting the bullet now i think.

Yeap, give them a second chance at the thing. You've gone through this much trouble already, you might as well. Worst case scenario you get it back, it still sucks, and you fix it and are out 2 months AND what it costs you. but really, you have others guns, and fixing it yourself is your only other real alternative. 2 months sucks, but its better than biting the bullet now i think.

+1

A little late to the party here, but the hammer is supposed to have that ridge on it. That's the "2 stage" trigger that is advertised. My SLR-107FR is the same way...and I kinda like it. Interested in a trigger trade? :)

My trigger pull is close to 14lbs and that little ledge is sharp enough to scrib metal,you don't want this one I assure you.

I wish this 922R crap would go the hell away because I have some very light,very smooth Chinese Polytech trigger parts just begging to be cut for single hook and put in all of my Russian,Bulgarian,Yugoslavian and Romanian AKs.

• 1 month later...
getting almost time for you to get that thing back isn't it? be sure to give us a update on this.

No joy yet,I called late last week and they said it wasn't finished :(

No big deal just yet, if i read correctly it would take them 2 months to get the parts... give them some time to use them. Still times ticking at this point, and i would like to hear just how much the awsome customer service over the phone counted for where the rubber meets the road.

not looking fowardto hearing from you getting it back as much as you are i'm sure, but like i said keep us updated.

getting almost time for you to get that thing back isn't it? be sure to give us a update on this.

No joy yet,I called late last week and they said it wasn't finished :(

No big deal just yet, if i read correctly it would take them 2 months to get the parts... give them some time to use them. Still times ticking at this point, and i would like to hear just how much the awsome customer service over the phone counted for where the rubber meets the road.

not looking fowardto hearing from you getting it back as much as you are i'm sure, but like i said keep us updated.

Well the "rubber meets the road" in about 5 more days(2 month mark) and I am starting to get kind of pissed off all over again.I have seen several really good deals on Arsenal rifles and passed on them figuring there was something wrong with them and not wanting to go through this headache again if I had to return them for warranty work.

I will be relieved to get my rifle back at all much less in any semblance of acceptable condition.

Lessons:

Want a Krinkov?Buy a Saiga and a Parts kit and roll your own

Leave the high priced Yuppie AKs for posers who can't or won't "roll their own" while smugly converting Saiga for your own use at the rate on 1 per month until the Nazis end importation.

If they do a good job and my rifle comes back at least as clean looking and straight as a $339 7.62 Saiga I will give them their props but until then :ded:

Edited by SOPMOD
  • 2 weeks later...

Look at this shit http://www.migeta.com/forum/showthread.php...ted=1#post33167 The moderator spetsnaz on the MIGETA forum says my fucked up Krink is a typical Kalashnikov.Do any of you Saiga guys have a Saiga that looks as fucked up and amateur hour as my SLR-107UR?

All of my Saigas were straighter and less beat to hell than this Krinkov shaped piece of crap.

Please go over there and comment about how nothing but a replacement gas block,gas tube,trigger and Recoil spring guide would be acceptable.

Thanks

Edited by SOPMOD
My trigger pull is close to 14lbs

No accidental discharges there. :rolleyes:

We had high hopes for Arsenal until Esteban brought in a few to test. They weren't put together too well and wouldn't cycle. After Esteban did some surgery on one, it cycled perfectly, but it's still over-priced in my opinion. I'd take a Saiga over it any day.

I hope Arsenal takes care of your problems.

Craig

SOPMOD I think you have a legitimate bitch. I was just at a local gun shop, and I know this is not a direct comparison, but I saw a range of rifles and shotguns from $350.00 and up to $2000.00 and they all had a better fit and finish than the pics of your AK.

Just got off the phone with the repair guy from Arsenal and basically he very politely told me there wasn't anything they could do for me unless I wanted to exchange it for a 223 SBR(worthless to me) or a refund of the wholesale price through the distributor(which would be $300 less than I paid for it).They are out of front sights and the rest of it's "beat to fuck with a hammer appearance" was "Typical" of military production AKs.

I told him to strip the parts off of one of those 223 SBR krinks and put them on my rifle and he tried to tell me they don't look much better than what I have?

WTF?

When did Arsenal end up on par with Hesse?

It's official,these guys are screwing me over and I'm about to get pissed.I guess buying an Arsenal AK means getting a fucked up substandard piece of shit and their warranty is a "high ho go fuck yourself" unless the thing blows up in your face which legally you could sue their balls off for anyway.

Anybody got a Krink front sight base they would sell me?I'd pay $200 for it because otherwise all I have is an expensive but ugly range toy without the ability to use muzzle devices to bring down that fireball it's not fightworthy.

Edited by SOPMOD

wow...

do these people have no pride in thier work?

eating the $300 might start seeming to be worth it at this point.

heh, you know SOPMOD If this is the "typical" appearance of a arsenal AK ... I can kindof understand where the detractors on these guns are comming from.

wow...

do these people have no pride in their work?

eating the $300 might start seeming to be worth it at this point.

heh, you know SOPMOD If this is the "typical" appearance of a arsenal AK ... I can kindof understand where the detractors on these guns are comming from.

The rest of the rifle is fixable but the Gas Block can't stay like it is.I never thought I would pay that much money for someone else's fucked up parts kit build,LOL

They told me they don't have the parts to fix my krink and that I am SOL.

I told them I'm not taking a $400 beating with their "refund" of the wholesale price and if I have to keep the messed up sonofabitch they might as well send it back to me so I can start figuring out how to fix it.

Truth is I don't expect those conmen to be in business another 6 months and I want to get my rifle back before they end up either sued out of existence or busted by the ATF.

Arsenal<Hesse Do not buy one of these AK shaped pieces of crap and don't count on that shitty warranty because they won't do anything for you and probably won't be in business much longer.

http://www.migeta.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33170#post33170

I hope they are following this thread SOPMOD, the outcome was to determine if I bought one of their rifles. I was seriously considering it because an online shop I've bought a Saiga 12 and S&W M&P 15X has them for sale. They told me the quality was good but maybe not what I was expecting. Well now I'll definitely buy another Saiga and convert it. Good luck with your problem.

I held off on commenting until the customer service issue was resolved.

Every company, even RAA, puts out a lemon or poor quality item occasionally. It is the customer service that makes a business great, and Arsenal has failed miserably IMO. It is sad that our own American businesses have the shittiest customer service I have seen. They think that because sales are outstanding right now, that they can cut corners and treat people like shit. They wont even give you the Full amount back?

And to that mall-ninja moderator on the other board that claims that "all Kalashnikovs are like that" - he doesn't know what the Fuck is talking about. SOPMOD did not buy a WASR, so expected more. I build my own AKs, and they are nearly perfect in every detail - and for the price that SOPMOD paid, I would expect at least that level of workmanship, not a rifle slapped together like a Century gun. SOPMOD could have got a VEPR for what he paid to have that Krink built. I have Yugos, Bulgarians, and Polish AKs that were manufactured nearly perfect. Regular Saigas are a little rough in finish, but look ten times better than that rifle assembled by Arsenal.

Fuck Arsenal, they will no longer get a penny of my money and I will recommend against buying their products. I hate companies that shit away customer service because business is good.

Well I found a replacement FS/GB for.....................................$369!!

The guy at Arsenal apologized and said he would send me some waffle mags back with my rifle to make it up to me.

I wonder if he is goin to send me $369 worth?

If he does I won't be so pissed since I was going to be buying 10 more waffle mags anyway and originally offered to replace the gas block myself if they sent me a new one but this sure isn't a smooth or effective transaction at this point to say the very least.

You know I handled Arsenal made full auto AKs when I was overseas and even after being dragged around by illiterate peasants they still looked better than mine,LOL