What GLOCK should I get?

I own both a Glock 19 and a Glock 23C. The barrel from the G19 slips right into the slide on the 23C, pop in a G19 magazine and you're ready to go. I've put about 100 rounds of 9mm through my G23 in this configuration, with no FTE or FTF. Evidently the dimensions are close enough, didn't need to fool with the extractor at all.

• 5 months later...

I seriously considered the Glock 31 [357 SIG] as my primary pistol before selecting the S/A XD in 357 SIG.The beauty of the 357 SIG is that it is easily converted to 40 S&W by replacing the barrel and/or recoil spring. This gives you 2 pistols in one.I had rather have a round over penetrate than under penetrate into a target. After all, Is not the reason for a weapon to immediately stop hostile threats? What if you are dealing with someone in several layers of clothing and heavy winter coat? There are lots of factors which affect the ability of a round to penetrate a target.The 40 S&W ammo is a little cheaper than the 357 SIG ammo.

I like the idea that a 357 SIG 125 grain round matches the 357 MAG in the 125 grain category.

So what did he end up getting? Would be interesting to see what solutions NJ CCW holders come up with to deal with the ban on hollowpoint ammo. If I recall correctly, EFMJ and wadcutters are still legal. In a Glock or other automatic I'd probably go for a .45 with EFMJ, but would also seriously consider a .38+p or .44 wheelgun with good old fashioned lead wadcutters.

I vote G19

I had been wanting a G19 for a while, but during the big O rush they started showing up with austrian proof marks and stamped with the import marks on the trigger guard...

I ran into one of those for $499 at a local store and decided if I'm going to have one I might as well have a military one... :super:

I love the pistol, great size, holds 15rds, can also take the G17 17rd mags, and the G19 33rd mags.

It also carries well. :smoke:

So what did he end up getting? Would be interesting to see what solutions NJ CCW holders come up with to deal with the ban on hollowpoint ammo. If I recall correctly, EFMJ and wadcutters are still legal. In a Glock or other automatic I'd probably go for a .45 with EFMJ, but would also seriously consider a .38+p or .44 wheelgun with good old fashioned lead wadcutters.

Hollowpoints or not NJ doesnt allow CCW. Ok they do allow but you have to be related to some one realy importent. 99% of people who apply are denied. Jersey is very anti-gun. Even PA cops get arrested if they go to Jersey with a gun while OFF duty. About 10 years ago...maybe a more, there was a huge stink about this. PA off duty cops were getting arrested by NJ cops for carrying guns. Lawyers and unions got involved and the end result was Jersey dropped all charges against all PA cops however a warning that from than on there will be prison time if caught. I dont know how it is ATM or if anything has changed but I doubt it.

Good thing I live accros the river in PA. Every 5 years $45 and a week and a half later I have my permit.

• 1 year later...

FMJ? Glock 21 or 30 .45. I carry .45 everyday in a non glock handgun and I use FMJ in the winter for the extra penetration through heavy clothing. And dont forget 9mm and 40 have to expand to even get to size of an fmj .45.

I'm about 2 paychecks away from a Glock 17. I was wanting to get a CZ SP-01 for the longest time till I found out they have trigger issues. hmmm now... do I go black or OD...?

Since they stopped making OD frames.......you're most likely going to have to hunt down an OD model if you want it, and don't be surprised if it's priced more than a black version of the same model.