Hello, this may not fit with most of the gun related things but it's something I find VERY important and if you find it important like me just say whatever and we'll see what goes off from there...

I'm relatively new to this forum but I'll be making visits here as often as possible, but, I wouldn't mind talking to some people out there, everything that I responds to just stops dead in the water :unsure:

Well on the topic of NASCAR my favorite drivers are Joey Logano (2009 Rookie of the year canidate), and the controversially loved, Jeff Gordon.

Don't say anything hateful about Gordon please! If you dislike him just tell me and I'll not mention him...

Joey Logano on the other hand, you may not have heard of, if you have, tell me what you know!

I love anything Hendrick; Chevrolet, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson (Don't hate on him either), Mark Martin (A very respectable man), Brad Keselowski (May also not have heard of him, he drives for Jr in the Nationwide Series) and last but not least, Dale Earnhardt Jr himself (I respect him as much as the next guy but recently he's slipped up and I personally think the wreck at Daytona was 85% his fault)

I'm glad that Jeff Gordon is in the points lead, he needs it after his first year w/o at least 2 wins after his first win in the early 90's

SOOOO.... just say anything please and I'll hopefully respond!

I want to get to know some people and have some friendly conversation, maybe even slip NASCAR in the conversation every once and awhile... :super:

;) Dude, how are you going to start a nascar thread and then request that I not talk shit about Jeff Gordon (or Hendricks in general)? Fuck Jeff Gordon. Jimmy Johnson, the most phallic name in nascar since Dick Trickle, boooo :D . I'm sick of seeing Hendricks cars do good. Their only redeeming quality was having Tony Stewart drive a race or two for them. That dude Joey Logano seems alright, but I think it's going to take him a while to get in the swing of things (Joe Gibbs fan over here). IMO, he'll probably do pretty well, but not like Kyle Busch. He doesn't seem confident enough right now.

I really hope Tony Stewart does well running his team, but I don't think he will.

Indy, for the first time in several years all I can say is I hope Surly moves in with you and brings some excitement into your life. :haha: Picture says it all. :smoke:

Long time Tony Stewart fan (the guy just loves to race anything), also got to like Gibbs for what he does (but Lagano shoulld have never been allowed to touch the #20 car until he had a year or two in the Nationwide series IMHO). Kyle Bush is a little prick :ded: , but have to admit he probably has more raw talent than anyone on the track today and I'd sadly bet he'll be the next Richard Petty before he's done racing. The rest of the guys are all just digging hard, should be a decent season. Greg Biffle is actually a good guy too...my buddy's nephew is his pilot and we get lots of good free stuff+ he does a lot with animal rescue.

http://www.gregbifflefoundation.com/

Last shout out is for Kyle Petty-the man spent his last years riding around with the donkys in the back of the pack, but he does a lot for kids in bad shape. All around great guy, son of a King.

http://www.victoryjunction.org/

post-1866-1236374705_thumb.jpg

Ok, ok... I ADMIT... I DO like to watch NASCAR... kinda... :unsure:

Maybe just the last 10 or 15 laps though... Kinda like watching fireworks... They are ok and all... till the finale... then its like WOW! :eek: but it takes a while to get to THAT point... Maybe if there could be spectacular car shredding crashes every 5 or 10 laps, that might make for a more interesting race!! :up:

:smoke:

NASCAR? Ha!

If you want to watch real driving watch WRC Rally racing. They actually shift and steer, go around corners, etc. You know, like driving . Instead of going around in a big circle.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=300&a...%20on%20wrc.com

60,000 show up for a NASCAR race? A rally race will draw hundreds of thousands. When the cars fly off the road and end up on there roofs the fans will rush out and flip the car back over, if it will start, the driver will just kick out the broken windshield and keep racing!

Rally drivers are without a doubt the BEST drivers. They race in the snow, dirt, tarmac, or mud. They race through the mountains, along cliffs, through the forest-at night! You name it.

There is no comparison.

But hey, NASCAR is OK if you can't find anything else on TV. :haha:

Amen brother, Anything is better than the circle jerks. The only race i watch is daytona, Well sometimes talledaga, Ok i guess it passes a good sunday with a 12 pack. The rally racing is the shiat, The driving skill involved is unbelivable!

I never got into watching NASCAR, although I know a few people who do. Just a taste/preference thing.

But I will say that I saw "Days of Thunder" countless times when I was younger.......and yes, I liked it :ph34r: .

:ph34r:

:super:

Loud pipes on a race bike make me go :wub: .

NASCAR is my sport of choice, too. Problem is, since Dale Sr. died, the Powers That Be seem to be running roughshod over the sport, making up rules on a whim, and generally just using poor judgment. I still watch every race that I can, though; they haven't ruined it for me that bad yet. And I also hope that Jr.s team gets it together this year...

From a racers point, F1 is true racing at it's best. NASCAR is the most spectator friendly. I spent 10 years of my life playing for a paintball promotional team. We developed and promoted Hyperball/Speedball fields. The reason why.......you can't watch a game in the woods and the slow pace is boring to watch. I think NASCAR is being promoted in the same way, but I have no idea why the IRL died other than the lack of quality american drivers.

I haven't quite gotten what I wanted out of this thread but it's a start, at least people are responding and 6500, thank you, those are the kind of comments I expected here, and I admit, that motorcycle racing thing looked pretty cool, I also agree with the comment that Joey was put in early and he said it himself, but, on the other hand, it's more seat time and that means he'll the practice he needs-with a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car!

I haven't quite gotten what I wanted out of this thread but it's a start, at least people are responding and 6500, thank you, those are the kind of comments I expected here, and I admit, that motorcycle racing thing looked pretty cool, I also agree with the comment that Joey was put in early and he said it himself, but, on the other hand, it's more seat time and that means he'll the practice he needs-with a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car!

Dude, don't take it as an insult. Not what I intended. I Just don't care for NASCAR. But I do love motorsports! so I couldn't resist chiming in.

I have done SCCA SOLO I and SOLO II autocrossing, NASA track days, and PCA. I have crewed for a buddy when he was running SCCA RALLY.

NASCAR is popular because it's very TV friendly. Which brings in sponsors to sell their crap, which brings in race teams to get sponser money to build teams, and so on.

I can't help but believe that the average American would freaking love RALLY if they were exposed enough to it.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm taking offense, I just am receiving different posts then I expected...

And I wouldn't be surprised if rally got more TV time and sponsorship along with other things, it could easily rise in popularity, if it was on more and I see a few races, I will definitely continue watching, givin, I understand it!

Indy, for the first time in several years all I can say is I hope Surly moves in with you and brings some excitement into your life. :haha: Picture says it all. :smoke:

Long time Tony Stewart fan (the guy just loves to race anything), also got to like Gibbs for what he does (but Lagano shoulld have never been allowed to touch the #20 car until he had a year or two in the Nationwide series IMHO). Kyle Bush is a little prick :ded: , but have to admit he probably has more raw talent than anyone on the track today and I'd sadly bet he'll be the next Richard Petty before he's done racing. The rest of the guys are all just digging hard, should be a decent season. Greg Biffle is actually a good guy too...my buddy's nephew is his pilot and we get lots of good free stuff+ he does a lot with animal rescue.

http://www.gregbifflefoundation.com/

Last shout out is for Kyle Petty-the man spent his last years riding around with the donkys in the back of the pack, but he does a lot for kids in bad shape. All around great guy, son of a King.

http://www.victoryjunction.org/

Kyle Petty is an awesome guy. Just not a good driver. Been a Tony fan for quite some time. Him and Mikey Waltrip. When my 2 oldest boys were going to NTI, they met Kurt Bush. My oldest called him 'Carl' after consuming a few beers. We kinda figured he wouldn't be working for him!

I am glad that everyone DOESN'T AGREE with me!!! What a fucked up world ( Or a PERFECT ONE :angel: ) this would be if EVERYONE did?!?!?

Although I am glad that there are a few here that DO!!! As I said... I dont mind the last few laps... and if the races were full of shreddsed wrecks, they would be far more entertaining... I also have to agree with the rally racing... and others like baja... Now THATS some driving!!! I never understood how they could make cars that could only turn left, or think the drivers that pushed the pedals in them were nigh unto gods... :unsure::eek::unsure:

:smoke:

You know what's some funny shit about NASCAR?

The sponsors absolutely OWN the drivers. It's hilarious some of the stuff they make them do in those commercials. Kasey Kahne dancing around like a chump for an insurance company is by far my favorite embarrassing commercial.

I know those guys get paid, but the sponsors really do have them by the balls. It's also crazy how during a NASCAR race 85% of the commercials are content specific commercials. By this I mean that the commercials are created specifically for the type of event. You don't watch a football game and have every commercial during the game starring the football players, it just doesn't happen.

NASCAR seems to be one of those things that you like or you don't. Me? I like it. Some don't.

Ok, as for the 'only turning left', heard of Infineon and Watkins Glen? :)

And if someone could show me a link to where NASCAR is no longer the fastest growing spectator sport, I would greatly appreciate it.

As for commercials, I think Mikey's are some of the best. AND, it seems like he really enjoys doing them. :haha:

Edited by Racegal20
NASCAR seems to be one of those things that you like or you don't. Me? I like it. Some don't.

Ok, as for the 'only turning left', heard of Infineon and Watkins Glen? :)

And if someone could show me a link to where NASCAR is no longer the fastest growing spectator sport, I would greatly appreciate it.

As for commercials, I think Mikey's are some of the best. AND, it seems like he really enjoys doing them. :haha:

Just google Nascar indecline.

Then type NASCAR fastest growing spectator sport.

It's the net so take it with a grain of salt.

Watch yesterdays race? 1/3rd of the stands were empty(one reason you don't see them panning the crowd as much anymore).Granted the economy and location is going to play a big part next few years but the sport hit it's peak 4/5 years ago. ...attendance and ratings for many races are way down...popular races will bring in fans and via location but thats about it.

Am I a NASCAR hater?...hell no..I was on a Busch North team in the early 90's(now Camping World Series East) and held a NASCAR license in '97 (glorified pit pass back then).I've only missed a handfull of races since '93 and those were due to rain delays and I had to work the next day.

And one other thing....whomever the moron was that pitched this Digger crap.... outta be slapped.

Edited by T-WOLF