Recommended forearm for 8" build?

I have been asking myself the same question. The only two I have seen are either the one that is on the S17 ( whitch looks like a short galil style ) or the full size galil forend. I have noticed that when people use the full size galil hand guard on the 8in barrel the hand guard extends past the gas block. Anyone can correct me if Im wrong. I have never uploaded a pic before so I hope it works and I hope no one gets mad if I use a pic of thier gun. :unsure:

post-8476-1237175923_thumb.jpg

post-8476-1237176117_thumb.jpg

Tromix makes a guard especially for the 8" gun: the one on the left above.

I'm weird though and prefer the long handguard.

S122.jpg

The Tapco Galil suits my taste as well.

Mystri-1.jpg

Bob,

Does anything have to be done to the Tapco Galil to make it fit the 8" build?

Thanks for the info.

eseaton

I really like the shortened galil style foregrip that battlerifle G3 makes. the wood really looks different on these due to everyone traditionaly covering them in evil black or rails. Nothing against that, but i like someone who goes against the grain, with wood grain on a shorty shotty.

I don't have any pics of it but i swear i've seen one on here i was drooling over... give me a little bit to search and if i find it i'll amend it to this post...

Owner is User "Banshee"

Saigaandshorty.jpg

And i do believe thats sexy.

Edited by Nailbomb
I don't have any pics of it but i swear i've seen one on here i was drooling over... give me a little bit to search and if i find it i'll amend it to this post...

Owner is User "Banshee"

Saigaandshorty.jpg

And i do believe thats sexy.

Thanks Nailbomb. I will try to contact Banshee.

eseaton

BobAsh when using the full length hand guard on the 8in barrel dosen't the hand guard extend past the gas block and hk front sight leaving a space. Aslo on the tromix web site in the full auto vid it looks like some one used the space between the gas block and the full length hand guard to install the krebs front sight(makes lower bolts on krebs front to be hidden in hand guard, looks nice) I also was wondering how this person extended the gas block on his shorty to make it fill that space on the full size hand guard.

post-8476-1237240457_thumb.jpg

I am currently working on a railed hand guard for the 8" Saiga Tromix S-17's. I just got my business section set up and will put up some drawings/teasers towards the end of the week. I should also have an idea on pricing around that time as well. Right now I'm looking at an approximate production run of mid to late next month but that's not set in stone just yet.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Thanks,

Zach

BobAsh when using the full length hand guard on the 8in barrel dosen't the hand guard extend past the gas block and hk front sight leaving a space. Aslo on the tromix web site in the full auto vid it looks like some one used the space between the gas block and the full length hand guard to install the krebs front sight(makes lower bolts on krebs front to be hidden in hand guard, looks nice) I also was wondering how this person extended the gas block on his shorty to make it fill that space on the full size hand guard.

Yeah it leaves a space, but it never bothered me.

Some guys turn and weld on an extension to the gas plug. On mine I'm going a different way, here's a sneak peek, I should be posting the completion of the project next week:

L2.jpg

Yeah it leaves a space, but it never bothered me.

Some guys turn and weld on an extension to the gas plug. On mine I'm going a different way, here's a sneak peek, I should be posting the completion of the project next week:

L2.jpg

Hmmm interesting thought ya got there bob, what do ya think abot a small say fenix AA battery sized led flashlight with a remote tac switch attached to one of the newer gas plugs in that space ? Hint Hint :)

Hmmm interesting thought ya got there bob, what do ya think abot a small say fenix AA battery sized led flashlight with a remote tac switch attached to one of the newer gas plugs in that space ? Hint Hint :)

I guess you could make that work, but an AA light is only gonna give you about 30-40 lumens.

That head has a Cree 3 watt emitter rated @ 145 lumens. The batteries (and switch) will be in the VFG. It will light up those varmints like a headlight.

I'll make a thread about it once I've tested it thoroughly.

I guess you could make that work, but an AA light is only gonna give you about 30-40 lumens.

That head has a Cree 3 watt emitter rated @ 145 lumens. The batteries (and switch) will be in the VFG. It will light up those varmints like a headlight.

Check this light out Bob, its 1 AA and rates 120 lumen with a cree led also, not sure if a remote switch can be had for it though is the only problem.

https://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=466

Edited by gmorgan

OIC now Bob DUHHHH :wacko: , sometime's I'm a lil slow on the pickup lol, you have only attached emitter on top, the batterys and switch you have separate from the top light assembly and your going to run lead wires from the head to the battery box in the VG, very nice idea, now I gotta call Tony and have him put one of the longer fore grips in with my S-17 before he ships, I'm gonna blame this one on you of course lol

Check this light out Bob, its 1 AA and rates 120 lumen with a cree led also, not sure if a remote switch can be had for it though is the only problem.

Two modes of output, selected by turning the bezel:

General Mode: 9 lumens (34hrs) -> 47 lumens (6hrs) -> 94 lumens (2.2hrs) -> SOS

Turbo Mode: 120 lumens (1.5hrs) -> Strobe

Yeah, you have to read the specs carefully.

The highest level of continuous output is 47 lumens. "SOS" and "Strobe" are intermittent.