Blackjack Swift Lever

I recently came across an article about Blackjacks' Swift Lever. The idea behind the design seems to be sound. That is enabling the shooter with the capability to disengage the safety with one finger. My question is, where can I get one? Anybody with a similar design for sale or a blackjack laying around for sale?

I recently came across an article about Blackjacks' Swift Lever. The idea behind the design seems to be sound. That is enabling the shooter with the capability to disengage the safety with one finger. My question is, where can I get one? Anybody with a similar design for sale or a blackjack laying around for sale?

PM sent.

Actually, my next Saiga 12 will have a totally different ambidextrous safety. I have two different ideas, which are totally different in concept, an haven't decided which one to use yet.

Details soon. This will be an S12 unlike anything yet seen, at least so far as I know.

tease tease tease .......................

I'm toying with the idea of putting an SKS style safety on my S12. Mainly because they make an ambidextrious model. Still working out the details though.

A true ambidextrous safety for the AK platform would probably make you a decent amount of money.

Actually, my next Saiga 12 will have a totally different ambidextrous safety. I have two different ideas, which are totally different in concept, an haven't decided which one to use yet.

Details soon. This will be an S12 unlike anything yet seen, at least so far as I know.

Will it be anything like this?

31121ThanatosAK001.jpg

31121ThanatosAKSaftey.jpg

I am about to make my own damned "Swift Levers" after being on a fruitless hunt for some of them.I will jig all 11 of them up and have my buddy tig them all in one go and then resolve that issue permanently seeing as how I have been wanting them done for about 4 years now,LOL

Will it be anything like this?

31121ThanatosAK001.jpg

31121ThanatosAKSaftey.jpg

I am about to make my own damned "Swift Levers" after being on a fruitless hunt for some of them.I will jig all 11 of them up and have my buddy tig them all in one go and then resolve that issue permanently seeing as how I have been wanting them done for about 4 years now,LOL

Yes, this is exactly what im looking for. But on the right side!! :haha: This would be a great design, IMO!!

Nope, won't be anything like that at all. In fact, the factory safety will be removed, and the holes welded up.

Sorry, no pics yet, still brainstorming out the whole project. And still trying to get some work out. Within the next few weeks, I'll be working on it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Brought the barreled receiver home today, gonna snap a pic or two tomorrow and get them up here for teaser pics.

I don't have the safety even started yet, but the charging handle is on, and the cover modded to go back on. It's a left-side mounted FAL charging handle. The original charging handle has been removed from the bolt carrier.

Tease, tease, tease .........................

Ok, took a couple days instead, but here are a couple "in process" shots of the charging handle.

The truly ambi safety has been fully worked out, and mostly fabricated. I'll get some pics of that here in a few days.

This charging handle was a real bear, and required some extensive mods all around.

SecondPersonalSaiga001.jpg

SecondPersonalSaiga002.jpg

SecondPersonalSaiga003.jpg

• 3 months later...

Ok guys. I made a thread about ambi style safeties because I couldnt find this thread by using the search feature on the forum. But I found the thread by googling outside the forum. I am curiously waiting to see what GunFixr has come up with. I hate being a lefty. And corbin, Im sorry. that you are now a lefty too. That was some bad luck bro.