dpharm's clip on muzzle break

I haven't used that exact model.. but I do have the one threaded 14x1 LH from dph that looks identical, (except for the clip attachment obviously). It definitely does help moderate recoil some on the Yugo underfolder I've installed it on. Is it as good a muzzle brake as a properly made AK74 brake, (with correct gas ports and expansion chamber)? No.. but it does help some.

Found this thread over at warriortalk (gabe suarez's website). It's a thing of beauty, but my main question is whether or not it works as a muzzle device as well as a flash hider.

IMG_5836.jpg

Are those 24x1.5LH AK74 threads?

Edited by SOPMOD

I have two of them. Thet are more of a hider...and how they do work!!

Go to page 3 of this forum, first thread is mine about trying it out. Kolya offers a great video on its effectiveness! I suggest you check it out. Also, Sopmod, don't know the thread size, but since the threaded portion clips over the FSB, I'm sure that it is bigger than that.

Edited by unclejake

I've asked the same... no resonse

I was wondering too. If the modified it to a 24mm pitch, they could seel A BUNCH of them to those that want a 24mm threaded AK brake without changing the FSB.

All I can do is talk about what I know about. I own two of them. After I bought the one for my 223 I was so impressed with the quality that I bought one for my x39. These are a good quality piece! The issue that mzmtg referred to in that post was an issue with a couple of the clips which if you will read on Scott gladly rectified the situation with new clips. They tighten down very securely and are a great flash hider! They are very good for those of us who don't want to thread the barrel just yet.

I don't make any money off of this product, I just don't want to see someones work trashed when they rectify a situation as soon as they are made aware of it.

I've tried to get a straight answer out of the DPH people on several items and never got a response.He's got a bunch of neat ideas but without more info how can anyone even decide if his stuff will work for them?

Beryl Rail(is it guaranteed to hold zero?)

Phantom Saiga Flash Hider(is it 24x1.5LH?)

4.5 inch 14x1 barrel extentions(will they ever be back in stock?)

That's $240 worth of stuff I would already have bought from DPH if they cared enough to respond to my questions,LOL

Some people have a good head for designing stuff and some have a good head for business but not usually both in the same guy ;)

Edited by SOPMOD

Mine is for sale:I bought the clip and flash hider from DPH and it just arrived a week or so ago. But, my front sight block is canted and at the gunsmith being pulled and repinned as we speak. He said he was going to thread my barrel at the same time so...I don't need the DPH set up anymore. Is brand new, never installed, and FOR SALE $50 including shipping with tracking number.

I've tried to get a straight answer out of the DPH people on several items and never got a response.He's got a bunch of neat ideas but without more info how can anyone even decide if his stuff will work for them?

Beryl Rail(is it guaranteed to hold zero?)

Phantom Saiga Flash Hider(is it 24x1.5LH?)

4.5 inch 14x1 barrel extentions(will they ever be back in stock?)

That's $240 worth of stuff I would already have bought from DPH if they cared enough to respond to my questions,LOL

Some people have a good head for designing stuff and some have a good head for business but not usually both in the same guy ;)

Dont care enough.....that seems a little harsh. I apologize that I dont have 6-8 hours a day to surf the forums. As we speak I have 123 voice mails to return and we are still working on last weeks orders. Did you call the toll free number that we have to find the answer to your questions? If you need the number it is 888-376-0937. The phones are very busy so if you dont get through, leave a message and I'll put you in the pile of calls that I need to return. I'm not sure if you read any of our early posts but in there I did try to introduce myself and explain that I do the gun business as well as hold down a full time job so thats about 18 hours a day and I usually end up working through the week end to just to keep my head above water.

Now to answer your questions:

1- It is simply a flash hider.....not designed to be a brake although it does have some slight affect on muzzle climb. We sell it as 2 separate pieces because we are currently working on other designs as well as actual brakes.

2- All ak/saigas are different and we designed the Beryl rail to as robust as possible and to hold zero. I cannot guarentee how the end user installs it. As long as it is installed correctly it will hold zero.

3- Is it 24mm....No, our engineer told us what threads to use but I will have to check with the shop to see what they actually are.

4- 4.5 inch extensions, I'll be glad to run them if you can help me figure out if we can sell at least 500. That is the minimum run that we have to make.

Scott

Scott, I was not looking for a reply right away, I actually asked a long time ago when you first posted the concept here...

I know how it goes with the work schedule, I'm there to!

MD

No problem, I understand.

It just hits a nerve when someone implies that I dont care. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who can legitimately say I screwed them or didnt go out of my way to help them.

Scott