ACE is taking forever!!! Should I have ordered from someon

I ordered the 1" pad from ACE (riflestocks.com) to replace my .5" pad and it's taking forever :( Does any of the forum sponsors have those in stock so if I ordered one it would ship in a day or so?

I made the same mistake. It took them about a month and a half to ship my order, with no updates or ETA. I wanted to save a few bucks by ordering the stock with the 1" pad, rather than get the standard 1/2" pad and then pay extra for the 1". Next time I won't bother and I'll go with a forum sponsor. They won't have it in stock any faster, but I can count on better service than what ACE provides.

I'm happy to see alternatives to ACE blocks and stocks coming out.

I ordered the 1" pad from ACE (riflestocks.com) to replace my .5" pad and it's taking forever :( Does any of the forum sponsors have those in stock so if I ordered one it would ship in a day or so?

I don't know who else would even have those instock currently.

I waited 2.5 months for some folding mechanisms and finally cancelled my order and bought them from DPH Arms. Then their accounting lady called me to "collect" on my outstanding invoice. They billed me for the parts, but never shipped them. They also attempted to make a collection on an old outstanding invoice from back in August. I looked it up and found that I had already paid it back in August as well.

Tony

You can grab them here at CSS.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...PAD-1%22/Detail

but they show 0 on hand right now. Thisis where I got mine.

So it was the 1" version? That says 1" pad, but the picture is of a 1/2" pad is why I ask.

It is a stock picture from their website, but the ones we sell are 1". I have many things on order, but I still have items from November I am waiting on. That is why I will not let anyone backorder their items.

Greg

Finally arrived, not too long of a wait, I just never received any communication from them other than my order was "received" which took about a week after I placed it. No complaints other than lack of communication but the part ended up at the front door in the end :)

ernestmayhand, for quite a while now my dealings were the same as you had. Lack of communication, sometime waits of about a month, but in the end they came through and it's a good quality product. A lot like dealing with Russian vendors a few years back without the customs issue. From a phone conversation I had with a lady (I think is the now owner?), there was a divorce from (Bob?), and that's when the problems began-the whole conversation with a customer,ME, was quite strange. That was well over a year ago, I have no idea what the issues are now. Too bad because if there customer service was as good as the products, it really would be a good business.

Maybe,if she is the owner, one of you can step up to the plate and make up for the lack of (Bob? :wub: ) in her life and get things back on track. :haha:

I ordered my side folder from Ace knowing it'd probably take a long while to get. It's what I want and a year from now I most likely will not mind the wait. If I ordered something that I didn't exactly want just to get it now, I'd be pissed at myself in a year for years to come. (been there, done that already).

I ordered a folding mechanism and an M4 stock back in Jan, and it finally showed up end of March. They sent the wrong color stock.......so I email them to get it corrected, and they want me to send it back on my dime so they can take who knows how long to send the right one...

I traded the stock on ARFcom, and am done with ACE.