Hogue AK grips

I really like Hogue products, and I use them on most of my guns. I've always been baffled by the fact that they don't make any AK furniture. Well, apparently now they do. Maybe this is old news, but I'd never seen them before today when I checked out the new hoguestore.com.

74000L_01.jpg

ETA: now we just need to talk them into making handguards for the AK and S12...

Edited by dae.edorian

Nice lookin grip! Pity they've chosen an ugly WASR to display it on. Or, perhaps I unfairly condemn that rilfe. Judging from the position of that rear sight, that's one hell of an accurate Romy! I'm not sure I'd suggest firing it with the gas tube release lever in that position though. :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic
ETA: now we just need to talk them into making handguards for the AK and S12...

+1 And I gotta to try one of these AK grips. I love the grip the Hogue's give on AR's, pump shotgun fore ends and full size Glock's.

I gotta to try one of these AK grips. I love the grip the Hogue's give on AR's, pump shotgun fore ends and full size Glock's.

My sentiments exactly. I've got Hogues on my AR15, 10/22, Ruger MKIII, Sig P226, Rem 870, and 1911. They're awesome.

My order is in.

Ive seen an adaptor to let ar grips fit on aks, that would let you use any grip including hogue. If you want the site, mail me and ill try to find it.

Yeah, ACE makes one. It ships with the Ergo "AK" grip. I tried using it with a hogue AR grip, and it just looked like it didn't belong. I'm glad that hogue is making real AK grips now.

If only I would have seen this a week ago! I just got the CAA grip. I'm a big Hogue fan as well, have em on all my pistols and AR's. Maybe I'll offload the CAA on Gunbroker and pick one of these up.

Which CAA grip did you get? The one-piece or the UPG47 grip with the 6 piece customizable front and back grip inserts? If it's the latter, if I were you I'd give it a day or two at the range using that grip before deciding to replace it with a Hogue. I have the UPG47 on my SGL20 and I love it. It really is a very comfortable grip as you can fit it to a range of hand sizes. The only advantage to going with this Hogue grip over the CAA UPG47 is the fact that the Hogue is US made while the CAA is Israeli. I hadn't yet ordered a grip for my S-12 though.. so for that gun I'm thinking of ordering Hogue's product.

Judging from the position of that rear sight, that's one hell of an accurate Romy! I'm not sure I'd suggest firing it with the gas tube release lever in that position though. :D

:lolol:

Good shit bro!

hehe.. I'm just sayin.. companies really should get someone who knows their shit to perform a quick reality check on these photo setups before pics are taken and chosen for advertisements. The Hogue pic makes the company look like they don't know anything about the AK besides the grip.

I bought the UPG47 and I think you are right. I first tried the AR to AK grip converter and that was really uncomfortable, then I found the CAA. It fits my conversion perfectly and after looking at how the hogue goes on, I think it might be a little awkward. I am fine on the parts count, so I think I'm going to keep it.

And nice catch on that photo! :ph34r:

Thanks for posting this. It looks like a great grip. The thing I like about it is that is a modern grip that still retains some of the classic AK styling and geometry.

jonblack

no problem. Yeah, hogue is good at that. Their AR15 grip has similar qualities; it's more comfortable and looks better, but retains the basic lines of the standard AR grip.

But! is it US made...?

Uhoh, I just assumed that Hogue products were US made, but I just checked the packaging that I had lying around from another set of Hogue grips, and it says "Manufactured in Mexico under the direct supervision and quality control of the Hogue family"

But! is it US made...?

Uhoh, I just assumed that Hogue products were US made, but I just checked the packaging that I had lying around from another set of Hogue grips, and it says "Manufactured in Mexico under the direct supervision and quality control of the Hogue family"

Yes, the Hogue grips are U.S. made.

Here is a cool one with a battery storage pocket in the grip.

hoguestorage.jpg

• 1 month later...
Looks good! I love the hogue grip on my Glock. I wonder if they will make different colors? A nice red would be cool for guns with wood furniture....

Colors available are: (When in stock!!)

HO74000 HOGUE GRP AK47/AK74 BLK

HO74001 HOGUE GRP AK47/AK74 OD

HO74981 HOGUE GRP AK47/AK74 GHILLIE TAN

I ordered one of these grips from hoguestore.com well over a month ago, and hogue hasn't bothered to send me any information about the status of the order despite 3 emails I've sent.

I understand from this forum that the grips aren't in full production yet, but if that's the case they shouldn't be selling them as though they are.

I still love hogue products, but that irritates me.

I went to the Hogue store and looked around, and was surprised to see they sell toilet seats. They even have a heated model. Now I want one of those. It gets pretty damn cold here in the winter sometimes.

http://www.sani-soft.com/ Linked dirrectly from hogues site.

I love my hogue grips on everything, need to get one of these on order for the saiga now too.

• 1 month later...
I believe it is US made. They are still a month out on production. I have an order in and will have them as soon as they are out.

Greg

It looks like I messed up when posting that link above. I posted it because of the new product and intro price.

My appologies to Carolina Shooters Supply, and the rest of the forum. :cryss: