Recoil Reducing Stocks?

How come i don't see any Knoxx/Mesa/Enidine style recoil reducing stocks available? I saw "Cobra's" idea, but i would think there would have been some available before that. Seems like the Tapco would be almost the same? Just need to add a buffer? Am i missing something?

How come i don't see any Knoxx/Mesa/Enidine style recoil reducing stocks available? I saw "Cobra's" idea, but i would think there would have been some available before that. Seems like the Tapco would be almost the same? Just need to add a buffer? Am i missing something?

I got both of mine from Botach Tactical with no problems. They have a 10% off coupon if you type in "stimulus" to the coupon code.

Best $120 accessory I've gotten for the Saiga 12!

BTW, it is a Milspec diameter tube, so if you get a CTR, MOE or other specialized stock, don't get the commercial one.

There is a fix for the Tapco T-6 to make it more like the Enidine, but the idea was thought up as a "Bump stock" mod, rather than a recoil reducer. It's basically an AR buffer spring cut down and installed with a pin to keep it inside the tube. You also have to modify the locking mechanism slightly.

I'm really happy with my Tapco T-6 with the 11/16" diam. 8 oz mercury recoil suppressor.

• 4 weeks later...

Would love to try an Enidine/Mesa Tactical shot stock tube, but since they're mil-spec I'd need to replace my favorite commercial-spec buttstock.

My best advice for anyone ordering from Botach is to call them first. DO NOT PLACE YOUR ORDER OVER THE INTERNET. Confirm that they have what you want in stock before ordering, or they may pull things off your order without asking. I once ordered a flashlight and some clothes from them and received everything but a pair of pants. They didn't charge me for the pants, but still....

Anyhow, if you have a FFL/C&R discount the best deal around for an Enidine shot stock is thru Brownell's, believe it or not. If only they made a commercial spec one I'd give it a shot.

The Mesa Tactical Endine system on my Remington 870 is flat out awesome. A company called "No Kick" on line has them in stock for Remingtons, Mossbergs and, I think, Winchesters. None that I know of for Saigas, but on my 870 I think it really does reduce recoil by more than 60 or 70 %.

WJ

Would love to try an Enidine/Mesa Tactical shot stock tube, but since they're mil-spec I'd need to replace my favorite commercial-spec buttstock.

My best advice for anyone ordering from Botach is to call them first. DO NOT PLACE YOUR ORDER OVER THE INTERNET. Confirm that they have what you want in stock before ordering, or they may pull things off your order without asking. I once ordered a flashlight and some clothes from them and received everything but a pair of pants. They didn't charge me for the pants, but still....

Anyhow, if you have a FFL/C&R discount the best deal around for an Enidine shot stock is thru Brownell's, believe it or not. If only they made a commercial spec one I'd give it a shot.

You can put a commercial over a mil-spec, but it will be sloppy.

My advice would be to offer a trade on arfcom or here. The commercial tubes are more plentiful than the mil-spec (for AR weapons) and the CTR stocks are hard to find in commercial size.

You won't be disappointed with the enidine!

EvilinIE - collapsable/ telescoping stocks are ILLEGAL in Kalifornia on Semi-auto shotguns.

The Knoxx/Mesa stocks are mainly for Pump Guns which are legal to have just about any stock you can put on it including folders.

If you want some kind of recoil reduction, you must use either the original stock, the RAA skeletal stock or if converted something like the Tapco original AK style stock in either NATO or Warsaw length. With any one of those stocks your best bet is to have Cobra put in the mercury recoil compensator.

Thanks "Frustrated" for the info. I know they're illegal, i was just wondering. Might be moving to Oregon at the end of the year. Good lookin' out though! Also, thanks for helping me decide where to finally buy my Saiga. Appreciate your time. I'm finally in the club! YAY!

• 1 year later...

Lonestartacticalsupply.com has a Blackhawk SpecOps Knoxx Industries kit for un-modified Saiga 12.

Just keep in mind that some people have fte problems after intalling recoil reducing stocks especially in guns that have had previous functioning problems. A recoil reducing stock works against the cycle action. Then again with saigas you should still be able to tune it to work. As far as im concerned if you can fire from the hip without malfunction you should be fine.

I dont know alot about guns but I do know this is why some people stay away from these stocks.

Just keep in mind that some people have fte problems after intalling recoil reducing stocks especially in guns that have had previous functioning problems. A recoil reducing stock works against the cycle action. Then again with saigas you should still be able to tune it to work. As far as im concerned if you can fire from the hip without malfunction you should be fine.

I dont know alot about guns but I do know this is why some people stay away from these stocks.

+1 Why do you need one anyway? The action eats up over 1/2 the kick...

I have the Enidine,CTR with the Ace folding mech. I originally ordered them from Botach but after being stroked around for over a month and being told over and over (when I could get anyone but the new order department) that it will ship tomorrow I finally canceled my order and bought it off of Ebay. I got it 3 days later and it was cheaper. Guess what, two days after I canceled the order and recieved TWO Email confirmations that I had canceled my order I got a shipping and tracking number from Botach. I sent them another Email because you cant get anyone on the phone saying that if they shipped it and billed my I would be disputing it with my card company. GUESS WHAT AGAIN!!! I got a call and an Email response from them that same day with a return shipping label for when it showed up. Its not that they dont see your Emails and listen to your voice mails they just choose not to answer them. Botach has the worst customer service Ive ever dealt with in my 43 years of life. I did a search on the web (should have before I ordered) and every post is just about the same thing, THEY SUCK.

OK, rant over.

The Enidine Shot Shock is awesome. I got it so my dad could shoot my gun with his bad back. I had already tuned my gun before I put it on and I didnt experience any FTE, FTF because of it that I could tell. My gun shoots Winchester Value Packs with no troubles. I will tell you this though. It is a Mill Spec stock and there is still alot of slop between the stock and the Enidine. Combine that with the slop in the Ace folding mech and it adds up. If it wasnt for my dad I think I would have gone with different stock and just went with a good recoil pad, possible the extra thick Magpul one.