One day as I was hunting for a saiga 12, I noticed this gun hanging on a wall at a local gun shop. I picked it up held it and was amaized with how it felt in my hands.

I was always sceptical about the caliber that this gun is, and was not sure if I should really dash out the money for one. But alas I could not resist the urge to have one of these.

IMG_0199.jpg

It is a GSG-5 Carbine. 22LR

And what a fun rifle this is. I shot around 250 rounds on my first trip to the range. I think that I have found me a new favorite. I am glad that I bought this.

Anyone else out here have one?

I'm holding out for the "ak" version. But I've shot the GSG-5 and the only problem I ran into was I burn through the magazines too fast ;)

I am excited about the AK version too,the Mp5 version has been such a hit and so well liked that the wait for the AK is killing me!

very nice :D a lot of people are getting these this side of the pond as well - fantastic reliability (which was my first question as "sub caliber" replicas are normally rubbish)

thinking of getting one myself as they are such fun!

• 2 weeks later...
I have one!!! LOVE THE HELL out of it!!!

Mine will shoot 1.5-2" groups with either irons or Bushnell trophy red dot all day long!!! not bad for a plinker!!!! :lol:

:smoke:

At what range Indy?

The one I shot I held a 2" group at 35 yds, first time shooting standing unsupported and getting waaay too trigger happy :wub:

are the GSG pistol and rifle mags interchangeable?

Yes they are the same mags, same reciever just different barrel length.

On another note I ran out of 22lr ammo. I had 3k prior to purchasing a GSG........

At what range Indy?

OOPSIE!!!

My bad...

50 yards... :up:

I know... you wanted to hear 100.... but alas, it is not up to that task... still... 50 yards is more than enough for most .22LR ammunition... Otherwise... use something else... :lol:

I happened to snag mine for dealer cost...

Nowadays... you can get them from 5 ish on up... check gunbroker... theres like dozens of them on there...

If you want, Nailbomb... give me a call, you can come shoot mine, see what ya think... :up:

Its only a half an hour away! :lol:

The only problem with GSGs is that no one ever puts em down.

Mine.

post-10946-1242344244_thumb.jpg

What handguards are those?

I got one for MP5 from AIM Surplus and it is about 1/2" too short. THe back does not go far enougth to the reciever. So I waisted almost $70

Just wondering which ones you used and which one out of the two do you like better?

Deusshe,

The Hand guard is a Classic Army MP5 RIS. It needs some slight dremel work to get the collar to fit and a little rail trimming, but is the best system for the GSG-5 IMHO. It is machined alloy construction and very strong. The kids have dropped them a few times, with nothing more than a scratch or two to show.

The retractable stock is Classic Army part number A173M. Do not get the GSG-5 retractable stock, it is a POS wobbly plastic part. Get the CA stock because it is well built and has metal rails.

The optics mount is an MP5 low rail.

post-10946-1243526313_thumb.jpg

post-10946-1243526333_thumb.jpg

Deusshe,

The Hand guard is a Classic Army MP5 RIS. It needs some slight dremel work to get the collar to fit and a little rail trimming, but is the best system for the GSG-5 IMHO. It is machined alloy construction and very strong. The kids have dropped them a few times, with nothing more than a scratch or two to show.

The retractable stock is Classic Army part number A173M. Do not get the GSG-5 retractable stock, it is a POS wobbly plastic part. Get the CA stock because it is well built and has metal rails.

The optics mount is an MP5 low rail.

post-10946-1243526313_thumb.jpg

post-10946-1243526333_thumb.jpg

Desert Dog is right about the GSG-5 retractable stock. It is wobbly. I would not recommend it. The gun is great though.

I've got the Mp5k version. Just finished putting a red dot on it; was VERY disappointed when I ordered an Sp89 K grip and it didn't fit. GSG didn't make the receivers exactly like the real ones so there's an annoying slab of metal right where I want to put a foregrip. The thing's for sale to anyone who want's it, 40$ takes it.

As far as the gun goes, mine has a FTF/Jam every one hundred rounds shooting CCI's, which is acceptable with a .22 fun gun. It doesn't like Remington ammo, but pretty much all Remmy ammo is shit IMO. I keep the gun in my car; it's not a defensive gun but it'll do in a pinch. Fucking intimidating tho; I doubt anyone trying to rob me in the dark is going to tell if it's a .22 versus a real 9mm. If a guy whips out a SMG with a bunch of shit strapped to it you're not going to press the attack. Plus it's 22 rounds if it comes to blows...

Kinda wishing I had bought the short barreled normal version tho... I woulda SBR'd it for sure. The Mp5k is only good out to 15 yards or so, hitting a melon/head size target. Beyond that it's spray and pray.

better get one while you can. HK is suing GSG for design infringement.

wouldn't that be like Kalishnikov sueing the dozen or so countries with AK "varients"?

But Kalishnikov doesn't suck...or hate you :haha: