striker 12/streetsweeper, spas 12, saiga 12, or the benelli series

I can help you with that. It's not difficult at all. First you need to have a way to take the pictures. Then they will need to be resized and made small enough to post on the forum. I use image editing software for that but you can also do it in Windows paint program.

The image needs to be "uploaded" to your computer, from your camera. It will go into a file. You then go to that file and "right click" on the picture. One of the choices you will get is to "edit". Select that from the drop down menu and the pic will open up in your "paint" program (assuming you are running Windows XP or similar).

At the top, click on "image"...then select "stretch / skew".

It will open a box asking you what % you want to change the photo to, of it's original size. You can type in "50%" in both boxes (height and width), and hit "ok". That will shrink the photo to one half it's original size. Just like 200% would double it in size.

Then just click on "File", and "save as". Give it a name, and tell it where to save the file to on your computer. Example: "My Documents" or "My Pictures". It will give you a choice of what "type" of file you want to save it as too. You need to select ".jpg" as the file extension. Jpegs are easier to post on here.

It might sound like a lot of work but after you do it a couple of times it's easy.

This is also just one way to do it. You can download an image program such as "picasa2" or "picasa3" (what I use) and it's pretty easy to use.

As a third option, you can always upload your photos to an "image hosting" website, such as photobucket.com

Then by using the "image tag" above, you can paste the "url" of the image hosted there, to here, and it will appear in your post.

If you decide to try it, then once you get your images on file, and they are no larger than the maximum allowed (2MB), just click the "browse" button at the bottom of the page. Find your image file in the drop down menu of where to search on your computer, then double click on it. Then click the "upload" button next to Browse...

That's it!

Try it and see if you can do it. You will then be able to do that from now on.

Otherwise, feel free to just email me your pics and I'll post them up. You can PM me for my email address.

:up:

I can help you with that. It's not difficult at all. First you need to have a way to take the pictures. Then they will need to be resized and made small enough to post on the forum. I use image editing software for that but you can also do it in Windows paint program.

The image needs to be "uploaded" to your computer, from your camera. It will go into a file. You then go to that file and "right click" on the picture. One of the choices you will get is to "edit". Select that from the drop down menu and the pic will open up in your "paint" program (assuming you are running Windows XP or similar).

At the top, click on "image"...then select "stretch / skew".

It will open a box asking you what % you want to change the photo to, of it's original size. You can type in "50%" in both boxes (height and width), and hit "ok". That will shrink the photo to one half it's original size. Just like 200% would double it in size.

Then just click on "File", and "save as". Give it a name, and tell it where to save the file to on your computer. Example: "My Documents" or "My Pictures". It will give you a choice of what "type" of file you want to save it as too. You need to select ".jpg" as the file extension. Jpegs are easier to post on here.

It might sound like a lot of work but after you do it a couple of times it's easy.

This is also just one way to do it. You can download an image program such as "picasa2" or "picasa3" (what I use) and it's pretty easy to use.

As a third option, you can always upload your photos to an "image hosting" website, such as photobucket.com

Then by using the "image tag" above, you can paste the "url" of the image hosted there, to here, and it will appear in your post.

If you decide to try it, then once you get your images on file, and they are no larger than the maximum allowed (2MB), just click the "browse" button at the bottom of the page. Find your image file in the drop down menu of where to search on your computer, then double click on it. Then click the "upload" button next to Browse...

That's it!

Try it and see if you can do it. You will then be able to do that from now on.

Otherwise, feel free to just email me your pics and I'll post them up. You can PM me for my email address.

:up:

Thanks for the information. My wife agreed to take some pics and help me with the posting. If I can catch a time this weekend that I'm free and it's not raining, I'll try and get some shots of it being fired so you can see the auto eject at work. Thanks again. Tim

post-6456-1242002034_thumb.jpg Here is a size comparison. Tim

dude now thats the shit!! i've never seen the bulldog version of the protecta/striker 12!! if ever considering selling let me know though i seriously doubt it but that is sweet!! another thing what kind of stock u have on ur saiga its looks like an hk stock from a ump looks pretty awsome as well? where did u get it??

The stock is a Bulgarian skeleton stock, they go for $25 around the internet. Ban state guys have them often. I have a couple.

twinsen knows what hes talking about here. I'm a ban state guy and thats on my S-12

The stock is a Bulgarian skeleton stock, they go for $25 around the internet. Ban state guys have them often. I have a couple.

Thanks for the answer because I had no clue what it was. I bought it from a friend on this forum. He may have told me when I bought it but I don't remember. It's a comfortable stock but I'd like to either sbs it with a sidefolder or go with the Kushnapup stock if it pans out, though not with an 18" lop. Tim

so the stock fits right on do does it have to be converted?? i'm looking for another saiga stock for my second saiga but i dont want to convert this 1.....so is ur striker considered an AOW or still a DD?? have u even the SWD LHC or ladies home companion looks almost identical to the striker u have but its lacking the front grip and instead of 12 gauge it shoots 410 and 45 long like the judge legal ever where its considered a pistol thats way they took off the front grip! it that an actual steyr aug or it that the clone version?? i also have that mac pistol 9mm but with out the stock and with a suppressor and a laser/holographic scope combo its from mpa correct???

Haven't had any experience with the others yet...got money set aside for a SPAS 12 if I can ever find one (only really want the folder)...may just have to find an FFL and go gunbroker...saw the one they had at the KC Cabelas, but didn't even bother touching it since I could also see the $1800 price tag a mile away lol ...missed out on the Tulsa show cause everybody else decided they had other stuff to do and I was the only one with a giant wad of cash burning a hole in his pocket...

Haven't had any experience with the others yet...got money set aside for a SPAS 12 if I can ever find one (only really want the folder)...may just have to find an FFL and go gunbroker...saw the one they had at the KC Cabelas, but didn't even bother touching it since I could also see the $1800 price tag a mile away lol ...missed out on the Tulsa show cause everybody else decided they had other stuff to do and I was the only one with a giant wad of cash burning a hole in his pocket...

dude are u sure u want a spas 12 :unsure: do u already own a saiga?? if not get the saiga first and if u already have one invest on another shotty i mean i have nothing against the spas but u have to really take care of it!! if the screws on the heat guard get lost ur screwed ive even heard of the spas just breaking after toying around with it to much they dont make parts for it anymore :cryss: have u ever picked one up and shot one?? its like 10 lbs or more and the metal stock in uncomfortable while shooting?? plus theres a defect in the ones with the lever saftey switching from safe to fire the gun would go off with out pressing the trigger now thats dangerous :ded: theres a few here in lower texas for under 1000 the fiest gun show i went to last year in feb the dealer had one new condition for 700 but with the fixed stock he was saying he had to bring it down cause for 900 it wouldnt sell....i passed another one up at a local gun store for 950 but with the folding stock got me another saiga instead :haha: if u know everything about the spas and want it for collection well then hey why the hell not....but if u want it to shoot all day and to look like arnold :killer: lol then my friend it isnt worth it....just speaking from my experience plus i think every reply on this topic was negative about the spas as well

so the stock fits right on do does it have to be converted?? i'm looking for another saiga stock for my second saiga but i dont want to convert this 1.....so is ur striker considered an AOW or still a DD?? have u even the SWD LHC or ladies home companion looks almost identical to the striker u have but its lacking the front grip and instead of 12 gauge it shoots 410 and 45 long like the judge legal ever where its considered a pistol thats way they took off the front grip! it that an actual steyr aug or it that the clone version?? i also have that mac pistol 9mm but with out the stock and with a suppressor and a laser/holographic scope combo its from mpa correct???

It had to be converted for that stock, but I know someone makes a similar stock that works on unconverted Saigas. My Striker is registered as an AOW on my forms, but has been reclassified as a DD thanks to Benson. I'm not sure what the transfer cost would be if I ever sold it, but I assume it would be the DD's $200. The 410 is be safe from being classified as a DD because of bore diameter. The Aug is a Tim Lafrance conversion with a registered hammer pack. The Mac is a SWD M11/9 with a Task slowfire conversion. Rate of fire is now down to around 900 rpm (estimated) from the original 1200. A heavier buffer slows it down even more where you can get single shots. I paid $ 259 for that gun back in 1984. Tim

It had to be converted for that stock, but I know someone makes a similar stock that works on unconverted Saigas. My Striker is registered as an AOW on my forms, but has been reclassified as a DD thanks to Benson. I'm not sure what the transfer cost would be if I ever sold it, but I assume it would be the DD's $200. The 410 is be safe from being classified as a DD because of bore diameter. The Aug is a Tim Lafrance conversion with a registered hammer pack. The Mac is a SWD M11/9 with a Task slowfire conversion. Rate of fire is now down to around 900 rpm (estimated) from the original 1200. A heavier buffer slows it down even more where you can get single shots. I paid $ 259 for that gun back in 1984. Tim

wish it was the 80s :super: wheres doc with and mcfly when u need them lol :lolol:

• 1 year later...

First off this is my first post and I am a current owner of the following guns...

FN FS2000/ MARS Reflex

KRISS CRB Super V/ Tri-Power

Colt 6940/Hk 416 Upper/ Trijicon TA31RMR

Latest model SPAS 12

Colt 6920

Hk USP 40

Benelli M3 & M4

Anyway I want to say there is a lot of misinformation on here regarding the SPAS 12. Regarding the part replacements...Although there are some parts that are next to impossible to obtain, you can still find 95% of the parts online. Most of you say its heavy..well have you ever handled or fired a .50 BMG? Most probably not. Those have some serious weight IMO. SPAS is about 8-9 pounds and not really an issue for most shooters. Recoil can be a PITA for smaller framed men/women but its not that bad. Some of you have mentioned its breaks a lot. Again, not true. Of the 40 some websites I have seen I have seen similiar trends that most people commenting on the SPAS 12 are not actual owners. Honestly you cannot comment if you have just fired it 20 times or so. Unless you have broken it down and have a good understanding of the SPAS 12 then most shouldnt comment but they do. Mine is rock solid and I have the new push button safety. So in REALITY its reliable and rarely will break unless you're using it like a bat.

I have owned a Saiga and got rid of it years ago. It just didnt cut it for me. Not bashing it but just didnt suit my needs/wants.

Edited by krisstdi

^

First off for your first post you sure picked an old topic to reply to. Secondly you didnt just compare a 50BMG to a 12ga did you? You were kidding right? finally you said "I have owned a Saiga and got rid of it years ago. It just didnt cut it for me. Not bashing it but just didnt suit my needs/wants." Just curious what didnt "cut it" for you?

I have several of the named shotguns: Benelli Super 90 M1, Franchi Spas 15, USAS 12, Saiga 12K, and had a SPAS 12.

The SPAS 12 is the worst piece of s_it I´ve ever had.

The USAS 12 is a myth. Mine has the full auto selector, but weights a ton. If you want to shoot it in a normal way, the drum is touching your forearm all the time.

The SPAS 15 is: heavy, very unconfortable while shooting. And if you must carry it for hours, is like carrying a V8.

The Benelli is the jewell of the collection. You can bet it will never jam. It is light, well finished. But as I shoot IPSC, tubular fed shotguns died the very same day the Saiga appeared.

The Saiga is very functional. Works fine (perhaps one jam every 200 rounds).

The perfect shotgun would be a Benelli Super 90, with Saiga mags.

My best friend is working on that. Is milling the receiver to accept Saiga stick mags.

The bolt needs a minimum mod, but nothing impossible.

• 1 month later...

How about the MAG-7 (with non-AOW version), Bernardelli, and the mag-fed Beretta?

S-12 beats all comers. Only 'other one' I'd care to own is a High Standard 10B with the ext. mag and prolly first gun mounted flashlight. Cool ol' bullpup from the trash films of the 70's