ya know, I have thought about this, and I wanted to know if anyone knows of anything that would prohibit, say, the MAKER from putting a magazine for sale thread in this very forum, and selling to the american public piecemeal. that would be legal to do without importing licenses right? Oleg does it legally, I presume, and if its not for resale by a store, it shouldnt need the tax stamps and import forms that a regular importer would need, regardless of the number sold....

Am I missing something here? There is a whole city in russia that makes these guns, so I cant see why they wouldnt want to add an office just for direct sales to america of thier magazines and accessories....they would sell them at retail for american bucks, so they would double thier profit outright doing this....

They couldnt ship large capacity magazines to states like NY or california, but that is as simple as a mailing address check.

If they accepted two or three of the major credit cards, and something like PayPal, I just cannot see how they wouldnt make a killing on this if they were to sell them not as the maker, but as an "OFFICIAL IZHMASH STORE".

There is a way around everything, as we all know, and Im wondering if the nice russian makers are aware of this, or even wish to go that route....

I KNOW YOU WOULD ALL BUY FROM THEM! so im not asking that. Im wondering if anyone knows what would prohibit this from happening in any way shape or form?

I would have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM letting them do this here, and locking the topic they advertise in to the top of every area of the forum, and I highly doubt Makc would either. Hell, they might even pay for the site from now on if they did it, as they would make a freaking KILLING off a FREE and market direct AD!

its almost dumb not to do it. Am I missing something here?

well, I trust a middle man about as far as I can throw a car. I am trying to contact the director of marketing of Izhmash directly to see what they think about doubling thier profits on items that dont need an FFL (like mags and stocks) to sell in the US. If they dont like the idea, hey, its thier loss, not mine. they shouldnt need an importing license from what I can tell to sell directly to consumers here. No offense to Oleg or anything, but I dont think he would tell us "yeh go offer to let them sell thier wares on your forum for free, and skip me, as I do not want your money". Its bad business. He isnt thier spokesman, is what Im saying. Ill see what the director of marketing thinks if he ever replies to my proposition.

Ill ask again, anybody know of any laws that prohibit international sales? I dont think WE would need an import license to buy factory direct, as it isnt importing wholesale or to a company. now, if someone bought a bunch to RESELL, thats another story...

Bvamp, I have read over all of the BATF laws that I could find concerning inportation. I cant find anything about private overseas sales. I have sold lots of gun parts overseas on Ebay, and I have bought stuff from overseas companies without incident. I dont think it would be a problem as long as Izhmash has english speaking/writing sales people to handle the money and shipping and customer relations. Good luck in contacting them.

Bvamp-Love the new avatar! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Seems like izhmash is making mags for uncle sam again (we went through this a while back, the S-12 mags are what uncle sam uses for his 12ga. doorbuster undermount for m16's). When they get their fill, the excess capacity should drive prices down.

G O B

Bvamp-Love the new avatar! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Seems like izhmash is making mags for uncle sam again (we went through this a while back, the S-12 mags are what uncle sam uses for his 12ga. doorbuster undermount for m16's). When they get their fill, the excess capacity should drive prices down.

G O B

not doubting....

but where can i find that on print?

checked on the plane can also be a problem if you are connecting thru Kennedy/Dulles/O-Hare/LAX etc. Dunno about magazines, mind you.. but I have read of people traveling thru Kennedy having checked firearms siezed.. even thou they never had possession in the airport!

Bvamp- Hasn't EVERYONE banged BigBird?

Dodge- Check out threads from about a year ago. Someone even posted a pix. Cute little puppy-a 12ga.That goes where the gernade launcher would,and takes Saiga mags.

G O B

• 3 weeks later...

This is kinda off the topic but since we're talking about regulations, i was wondering what the legalities would be to reproduce saiga 12 mags, my next door neighbor is a military contractor, he makes various things for the military, M4 carbine stocks, m60 stocks, night vision mounts for at4's all kinds of cool stuff, grenade launchers (m79 types, but all injected molded plastic) i brought up the idea to him to make saiga 12 clips, eight rounders or maybe a ten rounder as i was thinking, he quoted me 500 to make the molds which is a deal, so he tells me anyways. my question is, would it be legal for me to sell magazines to the general public say a ten round saiga mag thats redisigned a little, also patent rights that the russians hold? this is just something i have been thinking about lately. my neighbor filled a contract to the canadian military for 50,000 orlite type m16 mags so i know he can build mags, what do you guys think?

Get him to do it. I don't know if Izhmash holds a US patent on the Saiga 12 mags... but they sure don't hold one on a 10 rounder. I highly doubt they have a patent on any other magazine features - neither the lock up points (front and rear lugs), 12 ga round, detachable clip type or any other feature has been significantly altered from anything else that has not been around for at least 20+ years.

This is not to say that some part of the magazine may not have a patent, but I HIGHLY doubt it as there is nothing - per se - that is inherently unique to it as opposed to other 12 gauge magazines.

As long as a copy is not an EXACT copy, and does not have the izhmash markings, it should be OK. There is no law preventing anyone from making magazines for any weapon- like making tires for cars. "expendable" replacement parts.

G O B