Waiting for parts and ammo

I ordered some parts, a few other odds and ends from a dealer associated with this forum. It's been 6 months and I'm tired of waiting. i checked the site and they have the parts I ordered in stock. I email the vendor and they keep saying it will ship soon but a month later and still no parts.

Is this a common problem? Am I just an impatient bastard? What do you think? Is anyone else having these issues?

PS: Don't ask me to out the vendor, I'm not going to do it. I'm not here to bad mouth any one's business just air my general frustration with the wait time for parts.

~Chiss

I have been in your situation also with other vendors in the firearm world. When I started my business I made the decision not to allow people to order items that we did not have in stock ready to ship for that reason.

There are many websites I have seen that do not show you a stock count that advertise a ton of cool products that they do not have. The smaller ones want you to pay for the item before they even try and get it from a Distributor. I would cancel the order if it were me.

Greg

I've heard similar stories concerning a specific vendor here.

If I were in your shoes I'd call, email, PM the person that you want the order canceled because you are sick of waiting for something you were led to believe was in stock and would ship right now.

Then place a new order with CarolinaShooterSupply.

If the dealer is associated with the forum, it is acceptable to contact them in their own sub-forum, I have seen many issues resolved going that route. I'd advise you to contact a moderator here and ask them to move your thread to the specific dealer's forum OR start a new thread under that dealer's area.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showforum=35

Good luck!

For Saiga items I personally have had great customer service from Carolina Shooters Supply (CSS), King Armory (KA), Mississippi Auto Arms,(MAA).

For non saiga items I stick to really only a handful of vendors as I am a very willing to remain loyal and part with chunks of my treasure for awesome customer service. I use, Brownells, MidwayUSA, SniperCountryPX, and Rainier Arms. That is not to say that others are deficient in this area, I just have never had a bad experience with these guys and they go the extra mile.

post-18302-1242343429_thumb.jpg

For Saiga items I personally have had great customer service from Carolina Shooters Supply (CSS), King Armory (KA), Mississippi Auto Arms,(MAA).

For non saiga items I stick to really only a handful of vendors as I am a very willing to remain loyal and part with chunks of my treasure for awesome customer service. I use, Brownells, MidwayUSA, SniperCountryPX, and Rainier Arms.(never tried them) That is not to say that others are deficient in this area, I just have never had a bad experience with these guys and they go the extra mile.

I'll vouch for the same folks, first class! I'll add for S12 merchandise, Krebs Custom & MD Arms and for other shooting supplies, Cabelas & DSG Arms. Edited by ChileRelleno

If they have a contact number on their website, just call them up and see what the holdup is. They may be waiting on just one part of your order. It' is hard for everyone to get some parts these days, including dealers.

If they have a contact number on their website, just call them up and see what the holdup is. They may be waiting on just one part of your order. It' is hard for everyone to get some parts these days, including dealers.

Maybe, Cobra, but really.. think about it. He says he's been waiting six fucking months! As a custom shop/merchant, going that long without contacting your customers, and letting them know what's going on with their orders is inexcusable, no?

Maybe, Cobra, but really.. think about it. He says he's been waiting six fucking months! As a custom shop/merchant, going that long without contacting your customers, and letting them know what's going on with their orders is inexcusable, no?

It is impossible to tell what is actually going on, maybe the order got screwed up, who knows. Arguing about it here has no bearing on him getting his stuff. That's why I suggested he post directly in the dealer's sub-forum.

...or use the damned phone and see what is really wrong before posting about it in public. Whether it's here, or in their biz forum...whether you "out them" or not, is still BS if you haven't made a concerted effort to personally get in touch with them.

Emails and PMs get shuffled. Sometimes people even have computer problems. By coming here and starting a bitch thread, you already have "outed them"... Let's see...how many vendors do we have? How many of those have a "site", and how many of those actually sell ammo? hmmmmmmm

post-apocalyptic, to answer your question....yes, six months is a long time not to have ANY contact with a customer. That's not the case here though is it. He said his emails got answered.

How do you know this vendor hasn't been waiting for said parts or ammo himself? Everyone is waiting on things in the industry right now. If someone is waiting that long for something from me, they have every right to cancel their order at any time, and they will get an instant refund, assuming I have even cashed their check. And for some custom work, like you said, six months isn't necessarily too long to have to wait. It depends on the circumstances.

I just think it's wrong to go bitching about a vendor's service on the open forum, without knowing 100% of what the problem is about.

Edit to add...The only way you can know 100% is if you have already finished your deal with a vendor, or if the vendor has talked to you in real time. If, after that you are still unhappy with their service, we do have a FEEDBACK section just for that.

I ordered some parts, a few other odds and ends from a dealer associated with this forum. It's been 6 months and I'm tired of waiting. i checked the site and they have the parts I ordered in stock. I email the vendor and they keep saying it will ship soon but a month later and still no parts.

Is this a common problem? Am I just an impatient bastard? What do you think? Is anyone else having these issues?

PS: Don't ask me to out the vendor, I'm not going to do it. I'm not here to bad mouth any one's business just air my general frustration with the wait time for parts.

~Chiss

I am certianly not taking up for the guy, however e-mails can get lost easily (or end up in spam filters). We strive to answer all e-mails quickly that come to us however some just fall through the cracks. Adam carries a blackberry so that he can respond ASAP!! I know that his wife has treatened to throw the thing out the window. Anyway, I would call the vendor and tell them to ship or cancel and pick someone else. Yes, we would love for you to give us a shot- but that is not the reason I piped in here. I just wanted to say email is great just not perfect. BTW I have also heard great things about CSS and he did respond first:)

Jeremy

I've done my part to contact the vendor multiple times. The only message I get back is thank you for your business your order will ship shortly.

I thought this forum was about everything Saiga and I'm simply tired of waiting for parts that will fix my weapon. Perhaps you might guess who the vendor is but it doesn't matter. This thread was to started to put a finger in the air and see if anyone else on this forum is having the same problem.

No need to get all hot under the collar, we're all friendly gun toting nut jobs to the Obama-nation. :ded:

Thanks for the tip vbrtrmn...I will try contacting through the dealer sub forum.

I really don't want to start a fight here. I love this forum and all the great information.

Edited by Chiss