Howdy all,

I am looking to pick up some bulk .223 and was hoping to get some suggestions from the experts.

I have some Remington which I like, but was wondering about user experiences with brands like Wolf or PMC

or any other brands.

Need to feed my new Saiga :super:

Are you looking for supreme accuracy or plinking on the cheap. I'm sure Hornady will be more accurate, Not that Wolf is bad ammo I used all wolf.

Now that I have acess to a re loader I will buy more brass cased stuff, but untill now I have never bought

anything but wolf and have had no problems with it.

Are you looking for supreme accuracy or plinking on the cheap. I'm sure Hornady will be more accurate, Not that Wolf is bad ammo I used all wolf.

Now that I have acess to a re loader I will buy more brass cased stuff, but untill now I have never bought

anything but wolf and have had no problems with it.

Just plinking for now. Got my conversion parts on order. I put 100 rds through her

in the stock configuration but want to be ready for some heavy duty testing and sighting in after conversion.

J&G had 1000rds of .223 a few weeks ago for $380, its brass cased FMJ and is 55gr the only thing it says on the box is M-193 .223 1000rds. made in the usa It comes loose in 2 separate bags which each will nicely fill an ammo can

What showed up on my receipt;

1 x 223 US Military Contractor 55gr FMJ ammo, 1000 round case. (5-1445) = $379.90

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

I have shot ;

Winchester White box

UMC

Silverbear

all 55g

And the Bulk shots extremely well, I find it to have very few fliers and actually achieved sub 2" MOA with a red dot scope (luck involved I'm sure)

If you can get your hands on some I strongly recommend it

You can also shoot it in your Sig 556 and AR without any worries :super:

Edited by justinmcmillion
I bought 1k rounds of Fiocchi Vmax .223 at my local store for 420 today.

Let's hope the prices are beginning to come down :victory:

Naw this guy just has amazing prices. I've been seeing a lot of non bulk .223 for 50-75 cents a shot, which is just unaffordable. I buy ammo from him when I can afford the bulk prices, but I don't buy wolf or cheapo ammo (I run it thru my Sig 556's as well ;) )

How is that brown bear ammo at ammunitiontogo.com. 1K .223 rounds for $300? For the price it seems awesome but doesn't seem to get much attention. What gives?

I don't know... I have never ever EVER had a problem with it and it is simply an amazing deal. Maybe people don't like it because it is lacquered... but the AK platform can more than handle it. Some AR's however have been known gum up the chamber when using lacquered cases.

yeah, the laquer is to keep the steel from rusting. The issue with firing steel cased in an AR platform comes from switching between steel and brass without cleaning, or so I've read. The brass shells expand and keep the chamber cleaner, the steel shells don't expand as much, and so let more fouling into the chamber. The problem arises when you fire steel and dirty up the chamber, then try to fire brass- which expands and between the fouled chamber and the expanded case, then you get a failure to extract/ torn rim/ what have you. I thought Box O' truth had an issue on this subject, but I couldn't find it just now. You can use steel cased in an AR, you can find more than a few people out there who do without issue, but its a bad idea to mix steela nd brass w/o cleaning the chamber first.

Edited by JK-47
yeah, the laquer is to keep the steel from rusting. The issue with firing steel cased in an AR platform comes from switching between steel and brass without cleaning, or so I've read. The brass shells expand and keep the chamber cleaner, the steel shells don't expand as much, and so let more fouling into the chamber. The problem arises when you fire steel and dirty up the chamber, then try to fire brass- which expands and between the fouled chamber and the expanded case, then you get a failure to extract/ torn rim/ what have you. I thought Box O' truth had an issue on this subject, but I couldn't find it just now. You can use steel cased in an AR, you can find more than a few people out there who do without issue, but its a bad idea to mix steela nd brass w/o cleaning the chamber first.

This is correct but i have to add firing steel rounds in a AR platform you will go through extractors. I knew someone who went through 3 in one year.

I would like to think thats a extreem case, and replacing the extractors isn't hard, but I prefer to fire brass exclusivly through my AR due to this.

Edited by Nailbomb

i like the brown bear in my saiga alot also. it groups better than wolf and is cleaner. i also like Sellier & Bellot ammo. it is brass cased and has a nice punch with it. it is xm193 ball ammo. i think i last saw it on gunbroker for about 450$ for 1000 rnds.

sb33020-kd.jpg

Edited by GregM1

$300 for 1K seems like a bangin deal. Lately everyone has been sold out of the cheap bulk stuff. I feed mine Wolf only. Just grabbed 3K at $378 from Ammoman.com when they got it in. Got 2K of 7.62 for $359. STack it while you can. This is a great company to deal with. Shipping is free as well.

http://ammoman.com/index.htm

Edited by CTfam

I had a Bushmaster dissi and it liked the Wolf 62 grain HP better than it did M193 and Black hills 60 grain SP, not as far as malfunction because I never had one but it would group far better. Seems some rifles just like certain ammo. Don't be afraid to try Wolf or any of the other "Crap" out there.

The Walmart in my area has been empty for months... they never get ANY in - ever.

-Bryan

People camp out in the mornings at my Walmart. The guy said don't even think about finding 9mm or .45 after the dust settles.

They do carry .223, but it is $18 Remington boxes of 20.