You gotta give us more than that. What does it do with other ammo? What kind? What you got it set at? What kind of jam? What if you use other mags? You know,enough information to diagnose your problem. If it only jams with steel goose loads, then don't use steel goose loads....having fun with you now, but what kind of steel goose loads?

What can I do? She jams when I use steel goose loads in her. I've tried adjusting the gas block screw thing and this seems to help, but she still jams mabey 1 per 12 round mag.
What type of jam, failure to feed/eject?

Is this a new gun, with relatively few rounds thru it? If so, it may just be a matter of breaking it in a bit more.

Lube, put a little grease on those metal on metal areas, oil the rest, dry lube magazines.

Check mags for tight/rough spots, fix as needed.

Check you gas ports, at least three (3) and clear.

Helpful accessories for any load, is the Gunfixr plug & KA gas puck, better control/use of gas.

For low brass/recoil, try the 25% reduced recoil spring/hammer spring, less force needed to cycle the gun.

By goose loads I assume you mean high brass magnum steel loads, are they shoulder busters? Are they 2 3/4" or 3"? Does not seem like you should have issues with these unless your gun is seriously under gassed. Unless it is overgassed and the action is moving too fast as happens with ARs with a weak buffer spring. We need more info especially with what kind of loads that work well with it.

Have you checked the number of gas ports in the block behind the gas plug for three or four holes that need to be there ?

If there are there they may need to be cleaned out, for that matter the entire gas port, tube and puck group might need to be cleaned depending on if you bought the weapon new or used.

Edited by gmorgan

12 round mag, huh? Have you tried the goose loads in a different magazine to be sure it's not a magazine problem?

Heavy 3" loads and loooooong stick mags don't always mix very well. Could be the reason for your misfeeding.

I havent found any rounds that do work. They are 3" magnum steel goose loads. Ive tried both winchester and remington. It also jams with winchester 2 3/4" target loads. I have adjusted the gasblock in and out almost all the way. It jams with both my 5 rounder and my 12 rounder. It is a new gun and i have put less than 50 rounds through it. Thanks for the help guys. Sorry i wasnt more informative.

All I have to do to clear the jam is pull the charging handle back.

Do you think I might need a new gas piston? Like this one(http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_41&products_id=446) It seems like it would seal more IMO.

Do i need a new gas adjuster thing? Like this one(http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_41&products_id=502)

Or does the problem go deeper?

Edited by TJHell

What's up with all of these people reporting malfunctions?My gun took a couple hundred rounds of high brass to break in and then was smooth sailing for thousands of rounds with everything but paper hulls and Winchester Super X Turkey loads.

TJHell,are you using factory magazines or aftermarket? I would suggest setting your gun on the high brass setting and then dumping some 3" magnum loads through some factory 5rd mags and see what happens.Your gun will get smoother and function more reliably once it's really broken in.

Ive tried both winchester and remington. It also jams with winchester 2 3/4" target loads.

If your rounds have those soft hulls and the little cuts/notches in the edge of the crimp then they will hang up on the way in but other than that I am not sure hat to tell you without seeing it in person.

My Saiga will not function even after extensive polishing and wear with my beloved Winchester Super X 3" Maximum Turkey load due to the crimp design and soft hull material.

Edited by SOPMOD
I havent found any rounds that do work. They are 3" magnum steel goose loads. Ive tried both winchester and remington. It also jams with winchester 2 3/4" target loads. I have adjusted the gasblock in and out almost all the way. It jams with both my 5 rounder and my 12 rounder. It is a new gun and i have put less than 50 rounds through it. Thanks for the help guys. Sorry i wasnt more informative.

All I have to do to clear the jam is pull the charging handle back.

Do you think I might need a new gas piston? Like this one(http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_41&products_id=446) It seems like it would seal more IMO.

Do i need a new gas adjuster thing? Like this one(http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_41&products_id=502)

Or does the problem go deeper?

If you cannot get a good quality heavy round like 2 3/4" remington slugger then you have issues. Don't adjust the gas plug all the way out as I would think gas would start seeping out. A turn or two past may help but after that it does nothing. Check you gas vents if you have 2 you are amongst friends. Either way is sounds like you are eligible for warranty work via Cadiz Gun Works free shipping and everything (as long as you have not converted). If you do have 3 gas vents get a dental pick from the drug store and clean out the vents, also make sure they go all the way through to the barrel.

Make sure it's on setting #1, unscrewing it very far means nothing. Setting 1 is for magnum loads, setting 2 is for light stuff.

Like every semi automatic shotgun I've ever personally touched, these guns don't like that Winchester birdshot bulk pack stuff from Walmart. If that's what you're trying to use, I'd give up. I've seen that jam pumps.

TJ,

New Saigas are not like other shotguns. There can be lots of possible causes here. Before you buy anything, try to do some reading here. Use some slugs, like wolf or other high power russian ammo and run at least 100 rounds through it. Its going to cost you a bit of cash to do this. Try a combo of mags as suggested already, dont load them fully. Failure to eject could be the bolt, and here is a good article from the forum on polishing the bolt. I wrote up an article on conversion and all the fixes I found here and you can try that too for info. Good luck, you will enjoy this gun a lot once you get it reliable.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=33836

http://earthseaphoto.com/SagaofMySaiga.htm

TJ -

You should unscrew your gas blind plug completely out of the gas block, and with either a tiny allen wrench, dental pick, or bent paper clip, check to see how many gas ports you have, and if any are obstructed. Stated above, just because you have 3 holes, does NOT mean that the gun is getting the right amount of gas.

You shouldnt be having any problems with goose loads, thats for sure. It sounds like one of the "vodka specials", and you may indeed be eligible for a free warranty servicing. Give us a call if you have any questions, or if you think you need to have the gun warranty serviced by us...

Office - 740 942 3175 10-5 EST Mon-Sat

My cell # is 740 491 3908 if you need some help figuring out the problem and if it is or isnt a warranty issue, but the best times to reach me are in the early evening, and even on the weekends. This goes for anyone else that may think they have an issue, and would like help figuring out if there is a warranty issue with their gun.

-Ben V.

TJ -

You should unscrew your gas blind plug completely out of the gas block, and with either a tiny allen wrench, dental pick, or bent paper clip, check to see how many gas ports you have, and if any are obstructed. Stated above, just because you have 3 holes, does NOT mean that the gun is getting the right amount of gas.

You shouldnt be having any problems with goose loads, thats for sure. It sounds like one of the "vodka specials", and you may indeed be eligible for a free warranty servicing. Give us a call if you have any questions, or if you think you need to have the gun warranty serviced by us...

My cell # is 740 491 3908 if you need some help figuring out the problem and if it is or isnt a warranty issue, but the best times to reach me are in the early evening, and even on the weekends. This goes for anyone else that may think they have an issue, and would like help figuring out if there is a warranty issue with their gun.

-Ben V.

I looked in my gas tube and I have one hole, i verified it by looking at friends gun and he has 3 holes, is this warranty or is there more to it than that?

If you are seeing one hole you probably have a three hole gun and the two forward holes are under the beveled edge of the hole in the gas block, That's why you need to try a thin piece of wire to check the holes. :smoke:

TJ -

-Ben V.

I looked in my gas tube and I have one hole, i verified it by looking at friends gun and he has 3 holes, is this warranty or is there more to it than that?