Really shitty problem need ideas

Alright I bought a three pack of 30 rd Pro Mags and on all three of them the little feeder tab bullet guide broke off on first use. that is very unacceptable. When I go to fire the round does not load into the barrel hits right below and crushes bullet head into shell casing. What I really need is steel mags can anyone please tell me where to find them. I don't really want to modify my rifle if I don't have to. Take any suggestions. Thank You

Please read this post: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=41382

Short answer is your promags (with tab broken off) will work (as much as promags will work..) one you install a bullet guide (homemade or bought from dinzag).

Some people claim if you file down and bevel that promag tab before using it that it will not break. Mine broke anyways after filing it down and beveling it....

Alright I bought a three pack of 30 rd Pro Mags and on all three of them the little feeder tab bullet guide broke off on first use. that is very unacceptable. When I go to fire the round does not load into the barrel hits right below and crushes bullet head into shell casing. What I really need is steel mags can anyone please tell me where to find them. I don't really want to modify my rifle if I don't have to. Take any suggestions. Thank You

There are Izhmash factory 30-rounders for the 223 Saiga, as well as metal AK mags adapted for it. Both sold by the guy in England; both currently sold out if I remember correctly. Mods please forgive and remove this post if the non-vendor reference is not acceptable.

Doesn't Surefire also sell steel mags with a welded up feed ramp?

You could also buy the MSA magwell / adapter for using AR-15 mags, and they will insert straight in & drop free.

Why people will go to so much trouble and anguish, just to save 20 bucks and keep from "modifying their rifle", I will never understand.

Just put a real feed ramp in there and be done with the problem.

Doesn't Surefire also sell steel mags with a welded up feed ramp?
Yes, but they're not US made.
Why people will go to so much trouble and anguish, just to save 20 bucks and keep from "modifying their rifle", I will never understand.

You can lead a horse to water . . .

My guess is that you bought the ProMag for the WASR3 which is chambered in 223.

Here is the correct part #

SAI-A4 - Saiga .223 30-Round Magazine (black polymer)

http://www.promagindustries.com/ProductDet...ctCode=SAI%2DA4

Nope he bought the right one.. The Promag for the saiga is not well thought out, not a thick enough bullet guide. Return the mags if possible and get either a surefire mag or go with the dinzag bullet guide and use the mags you have or Galil orlites. (not sure what the options are for bullet guide on his site).

Edited by csspecs
Send the Promags back for replacements and sell them. Buy an AR mag adapter and some AR mags ......

+1

Or just buy some SureFire they don't require rifle mods.

+1 on the Surefires if you only need a couple.... if you want more $$$$$$$$$

+1 Its not hard, dinzags bullet guide kids are suprisingly complete, down to drills and taps.

I just got my Saiga and the dealer gave me two Promags for my trouble as he had misplaced my order and my money for a month. I'm wondering if they have modified them as they cycle just fine,I have a Surefire and the bullets sit higher in the Promags than the Surefire. The Surefire cycles fine also but you can see the bullet ride up and over the built in guide.If the bullets are hitting in the Promag it is where the shell case expands.

I just got my Saiga and the dealer gave me two Promags for my trouble as he had misplaced my order and my money for a month. I'm wondering if they have modified them as they cycle just fine,I have a Surefire and the bullets sit higher in the Promags than the Surefire. The Surefire cycles fine also but you can see the bullet ride up and over the built in guide.If the bullets are hitting in the Promag it is where the shell case expands.

just and FYI here, but running mags in your saiga with a capacity of 10+ rounds is illegal unless the rifle is made 922r compliant. if you just got it from the dealer and havent changed any parts but the magazines, its not compliant. Even if the dealer sold it that way. Just use the factory 10 rounder till you get what else you need.

if you're already compliant, then ingnore that comment.

Edited by GregM1
I am compliant according to sticky above, unless the side mount and scope both of which are on order and imported from China are going to count against me.And where does my made in USA laser go in figuring the legality.

glad to hear it. i have seen a few people post that they got their new saiga with a 30 rnd mag from the dealer and no other parts were touched. They think its legal because it was sold to them that way.

Nalioth, life in a mexi prison for a laser, thats to damn funny.

Edited by GregM1
glad to hear it. i have seen a few people post that they got their new saiga with a 30 rnd mag from the dealer and no other parts were touched. They think its legal because it was sold to them that way.

I tried to buy a Saiga from a dealer because they're cheap and I like converting them. He told me they were 'unavailable' and tried selling me an Arsenal SGL-20... Anyway he said that I had to worry about 922r if I convert the Saiga, meanwhile he had a stock S-12 on the shelf with two free 12 round Surefire mags that he was throwing in. I just kept my mouth shut.

• 3 weeks later...
I am compliant according to sticky above, unless the side mount and scope both of which are on order and imported from China are going to count against me.And where does my made in USA laser go in figuring the legality.

Nalioth, life in a mexi prison for a laser, thats to damn funny.

That's a grey area. It might be legal for the purchaser, since they didn't assemble the weapon illegally... Or did they? If all they did was reinsert a magazine it was sold with, did they assemble it in that illegal fashion? The ATF letters on the subject are somewhat vague.