If the child was being supervised, why was he not stopped when he attempted to unfold the stock without pressing the button?

Not to defend the joker, but I don't think he ever alluded to how old his son was. For all we know he's 30 and didn't know it was a button action!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and my son, not knowing anything about the folding stock, tried to fold out the stock without pushing the POS button, (little guy, little effort. YOU KNOW) and it broke in two places.!

If the child was being supervised, why was he not stopped when he attempted to unfold the stock without pressing the button?

Not to defend the joker, but I don't think he ever alluded to how old his son was. For all we know he's 30 and didn't know it was a button action!

I think we can pretty well surmise that his son is a child, and not, 30 yrs'ol, rail skinny, 100lb weakling and a midget to boot :rolleyes:
So, Nalioth,

You have a good folding mech from ACE? Sorry, but I should have done some homework on this part before purchasing. What the hell is wrong with my post about this product?

I found it legit!

You seem very aggressive in your tone, and unnecessarily so. Nalioth was basically saying that you should contact the manufacturer about a problem with their product and see if they will refund your money/send you a replacement aka "make it right" before you start talking shit about them on this forum.

Many, many, others here have used Ace products on their Saiga rifles/shotguns and found the quality to be very satisfactory. Your experience is far from the norm. Personally, I used an Ace internal block, push-button folder, and ultra-lite modular stock with 1" buttpad for my S-12 conversion and imo these parts are of great quality.

If you haven't done so already, contact Ace and see if they will, at the least, send you new parts to replace the apparently defective ones you've had problems with.

Living in "Chevy Country" (Flint, MI), I can tell you that a TON of retired GM workers are so disgusted with GM that they're trading in their vehicles for Fords. As my future in-laws say (who are both retired GM), "The only one of the Big 3 that refused a government hand out (Ford) is now having to compete with government subsidized companies."

Corbin

Everyone knows Ford sucks, let's not get silly.

:rolleyes:

+1

You said it first so I don't have to bother, Corbin.

Ford is now the only American car company left.

I love this forum keeps me entertained

This forum and the ones at mil.com do it for me, (not as much the mil.com forums lately though, as they're infested with asshole liberals lately, as odd as that sounds, it's unfortunately true).

At this point, this is my favorite forum, anywhere. The blend of entertainment, information, and support available here is very rare.

We seem to have a different type of infestation here lately.

We seem to be over run with wwwwhhhhhaaaaants!

Yeah, it appears so. I haven't been very active on the forums lately, (legal trouble, check the general forum if you're interested in particulars and/or helping me), but there seem to be more than a few QQ threads here lately. :D

Who hasn't had a problem with an aftermarket part? Imo, what you do is, 1. check to make sure it isn't your own dumbass fault that the part "failed", 2. attempt to fix it yourself if it's a fairly minor issue, 3. if it truly is the manufacturer's fault and you can't fix it with your home shop, contact the manufacturer for resolution of the problem.

Instantly badmouthing the manufacturer on this forum without even contacting them first is bullshit, imho. :boxing:

Edited by post-apocalyptic
And BTW, what do you mean "bringing this up here"???? Isnt this a discussion forum where we can all share with each other what products work and dont? C'mon there amigo, Ive invested over 2k into this rifle, and to come across such a pile of shit product, I dont want anyone else to have this problem. I appologize if I am trying to help out someone else who might invest in some crap.

. . . except you're not helping anyone with anything.

Have you contacted Ace about a replacement?

If not, you have nothing to say here.

If you do contact Ace and they tell you off (which they won't), then you'd have something to tell us.

You are the ONLY person that I can remember having a complaint about Ace stock hardware, and it's not even a valid complaint because you've not contacted Ace yet. . .

the ACE folder I have now is the same way and it is the 2nd. one I have tryed,...Ace has gone too h e l l with there products and service.

And BTW, what do you mean "bringing this up here"???? Isnt this a discussion forum where we can all share with each other what products work and dont? C'mon there amigo, Ive invested over 2k into this rifle, and to come across such a pile of shit product, I dont want anyone else to have this problem. I appologize if I am trying to help out someone else who might invest in some crap.

. . . except you're not helping anyone with anything.

Have you contacted Ace about a replacement?

If not, you have nothing to say here.

If you do contact Ace and they tell you off (which they won't), then you'd have something to tell us.

You are the ONLY person that I can remember having a complaint about Ace stock hardware, and it's not even a valid complaint because you've not contacted Ace yet. . .

the ACE folder I have now is the same way and it is the 2nd. one I have tryed,...Ace has gone too h e l l with there products and service.

Which Ace folder are you talking about? The standard folder or the push-button? I'm just curious.. as some have had problems with the push-button, (I have not).

Also, this is an adult forum. You don't have to add unnecessary spaces to h-e-"double hockey sticks" :D to make it appear unedited, as it should be.

I don't count magazines as part of a weapons "cost to build", which is why the $2K figure surprised me.

Me neither.

But maybe I should start though as it would make my whole collection worth more!!!

If you are referring to me 'scoffing'...please just save it. I've got many more thou$and$ wrapped up in my Saiga collection than I care to even count. I've built them all piece by piece and am well aware of what it can cost.

I just said I wanted to see it before the tears wash it away. I think it's totally unacceptable to attack a company like this, that is so well known and established in the industry....especially without actually speaking with them about the problem.

I had a beef with Ace years ago about their QC with some roll pins being missing from some stocks that were sold through another vendor. Had one come out resulting in minor damage to the gun. They made it right and even threw in a couple of extra goodies for me.

Hey, I'm sorry about flying off the handle. I had a few beers before I posted my reply, and in my head I was trying to imply that when you pay for stuff you have a reasonable expectation for it to work as advertised. When I re-read my post it sure as hell didn't come out that way! That being said, shit happens and sometimes things don't always work out the way you planned, no matter what. He (The OP) SHOULD have saved this post until AFTER he contacted the company, or he could have simply asked if anyone else has had the same problem, while discretely leaving the company name out of it until his problem was resolved. It's one thing to alert others to a potential problem, but this entire episode was handled VERY poorly. And, when a certain magazine has a 250$ price tag, and you purchase a couple of them, why then yes I add them to the cost for insurance purposes also and count them as a part of the cost of owning/operating the gun. I am aware that the gun will function fine without them, but it is no different than adding a set of nice wheels to a car. You put them on your insurance as well.

Living in "Chevy Country" (Flint, MI), I can tell you that a TON of retired GM workers are so disgusted with GM that they're trading in their vehicles for Fords. As my future in-laws say (who are both retired GM), "The only one of the Big 3 that refused a government hand out (Ford) is now having to compete with government subsidized companies."

Corbin

Everyone knows Ford sucks, let's not get silly.

:rolleyes:

+1

You said it first so I don't have to bother, Corbin.

Ford is now the only American car company left.

post-17937-1248905873_thumb.jpg

Ok... that being said ^, I've never ordered from ACE before today. Even after reading this thread I'm willing to throw my money in the pot to prove that a company like ACE can't be in business as long as they have without providing a decent product (especially knowing that they are selling gun parts and accessories to a bunch of gun totin' fools like me).

"invested over 2k"

riiiiiight invested, cause that money is gonna have a return..........

I'm trying to figure out how he invested that much into it, unless its gold plated

The new thing is platinum hehe