. . . and they say those old things are useless or

I also loved the fact, that while the armed citizen was carrying a replica, an original 1875 Remington today would be just as functional, and is exempt from current federal gun control laws.

This story is an excellent example of where good men seek to do good, it is not technology, or the control thereof that either allows, or disallows them to do so, and probably isnt what they meant when they warned about a liberalization of carry laws leading to a return to the wild west.

nalioth, if you had used the search function you would have

seen there are threads about this story already.

lol..... the guy that bitches about reposts does a repost. :rolleyes:

:haha:

You have to post a link for this to be a solid burn.

You know, for the rest of us that are too lazy, or don't care enough, to search through backlogs like you.

Edited by Nailbomb
nalioth, if you had used the search function you would have

seen there are threads about this story already.

lol..... the guy that bitches about reposts does a repost. :rolleyes:

:haha:

You have to post a link for this to be a solid burn.

You know, for the rest of us that are too lazy, or don't care enough, to search through backlogs like you.

Here it is, Nailbomb: Patriot Shoots Armed Robber -Saiga-12.com. My search-fu missed it (even with google - sorry folks).

Spartacus, you do need to provide a link when you're calling someone out.

Here it is, Nailbomb: Patriot Shoots Armed Robber -Saiga-12.com. My search-fu missed it (even with google - sorry folks).

Spartacus, you do need to provide a link when you're calling someone out.

Yeah, I guess I have a lot to learn about petty nit-picking.

Thanks so much for the advice nalioth.

Great story, score another one for the good guys.

I wouldn't feel under gunned with a SAA in 45 COLT. With practice a single action can be fired extremely fast. The biggest draw back is the slow reload. In today's society everyone thinks they HAVE to have a high capacity autoloader, but 6 well aimed shots is better than 15 spray and pray shots. If 6 shots is all you have, you WILL be more selective in what you shoot at.

Years ago , in Richmond, a couple bad guys decided to hold up a jewelry dealer in that area, (Jeff Davis Hwy....just gotta love that). Nice little family owned business. Three family members inside at the time. BG entered, fired a shotgun into the ceiling. The last thing he said was "They got guns" . I think the owners were empting guns into these guys and picking up another weapon and unloading into them some more. Something like 75 rds and 6 different calibers in the bodies......................... :rolleyes: ....Go Richmond Go.....Bury another 100K or so bad guys and you can lower the price of Marlboros..........

Richmond is a crazy place. Open carry in our state is great but after carrying open a few times around town I'll be getting my concealed permit soon. Most businesses and police don't say anything when you carry open, but standing in line at a store you always have a feeling someone's going to try and take your weapon. I had to meet a installer out on a jobsite in Creighton Court Projects and saw a guy riding a bicycle through the "hood" with a AK strapped to his back. Holster stayed in my car and I decided to carry my gun while visiting the projects concealed. I was breaking the law but at least I wasn't adverstising to come rob me for my gun, criminals will just shoot you from behind and take it.

I got lucky and was able to join a range not open to the public and the range master is able to qualify you to get your concealed carry permit. He doesn't just give them away, he actually test you to make sure you can shoot to defend yourself. Most in Va can get their permit after watching a video online...and never even firing a gun!