What are you using for padding on the stock?

Ditto... I am really tall, so putting a thicker buttpad on the damned stock would help me out. That izhmash one has an access hole to get down into the storage compartment space of the buttstock. I like to keep papers and other things that do not rattle in there on my AK. I just gotta find out where the hell to acquire one.

Ditto... I am really tall, so putting a thicker buttpad on the damned stock would help me out. That izhmash one has an access hole to get down into the storage compartment space of the buttstock. I like to keep papers and other things that do not rattle in there on my AK. I just gotta find out where the hell to acquire one.

I dont think that is an access hole to access the cleaning kit compartment. It is soft spot so you can use the stock release button on the factory folding stocks. I could be wrong but that is the way it looks to me.

I dont think that is an access hole to access the cleaning kit compartment. It is soft spot so you can use the stock release button on the factory folding stocks. I could be wrong but that is the way it looks to me.

You might be right... but the hole does seem to line up. :D

Bingo!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys I bought one of these http://www.fseusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=339 ... thanks for the link. I just got it today. It does do what I wanted it to do which was lengthen the stock about an inch...and it is all rubber so it should lessen the blow. Kind of looks stupid on the wood stock on my gun but as the seller said I can take it off after I go to the range...or just put the black stock back on.

Double (or quadruple) some of these up on the butt-plate, to help the felt recoil:

Maxi_pad_Ultra_Dry_Sanitary_Napkin.jpg

They even come in handy bulk packs!

always-maxi-pad.jpg

I keeeeeeeed, I keeeeeeeeed. :D

the great thing about these is that you can just stick them on your shoulder instead of on the gun.. you can shoot 10 different guns and only have to use one pad :haha:

someone over on glocktalk was using a dish sponge lol

Edited by presto_z
BTW FSE charged me 8 dollars shipping so it ended up being 25 shipped anyway. Just an FYI. I hope it works without too much issue on my stock.

Yeah he charged me $8 too. Tested it the other day. As you'll find out it does take all the recoil. You would never know from the blow that you were shooting a shotgun...very good product that lives up to its claims.

Fits like a rubber glove on my wood stock. There is no side to side or up and down slop...No need for tape...there is also a little velcrow strap but I think you would need some stock with a hole in it to run the strap through...

I got an error message if this double posts!!

Ok, for all those smart a$$es out there, I was able to figure out why I get the bruises and you don't.

Based on a google search it states "People with very low body fat are at risk of bruising more easily than those who have a higher percentage of body fat..."

So, that explains it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you're not just a pussy, but a skinny pussy? :lolol:

Just fuckin with you man.. but I couldn't resist that set-up. :D

I'm not what I'd consider fat, (6'1", 185lbs), and I get some minor raspberry friction marks from a dozen+ slugs/other high brass shells.. but I don't get bruises. As I'd mentioned, I use an ACE 1" recoil pad. The Limbsaver may perhaps be better, (never tried one), but what I've got works well enough, (and is sized for my specific stock).

BTW FSE charged me 8 dollars shipping so it ended up being 25 shipped anyway. Just an FYI. I hope it works without too much issue on my stock.

Yeah he charged me $8 too. Tested it the other day. As you'll find out it does take all the recoil. You would never know from the blow that you were shooting a shotgun...very good product that lives up to its claims.

Let me clarify that...shot a box of 3" #4 buck today and you can definately feel it kick.

If you need a quick recoil pad just sling your balls over your shoulder and use them. Of course brass ones will require padding for your shoulder like old socks or a winter hat. Generally speaking balls will do. I only weigh 150 lbs and I don't get bruised. Just hold that fucker TIGHT man!