Protester Carried "Assualt Weapon" to Obama event

Yup, our 'local' newscasters seem to getting more fucktarded by the day. I'm just bummed that 100 more AZ folks weren't out there carrying theirs as well. How many more outbursts and protests do we need to have before the gov't gets the clue that people are pissed off and aren't going to take any more bullshit? For a black man to carry a rifle to a protest in Phoenix (a city with perhaps the most ignorant/worthless/lazy/incompetent police on earth who would be highly likely to taze/shoot/beatdown/mace his ass) has surely got to be one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Ahh... I love my home state. You can go strolling down the street with the AK across your back and no one cares... well, the nanny-state obamanites freak out, but fuck'em.

People do not get the point of this. The moment the government tells you NOT to do something that was previously legal, it is a sign that your rights are being jeopardized. There are only a handful of places that Arizona law prohibits people from carrying firearms into. Public areas, whether or not the president is there, are not one of those places.

The president is just another human being, like you, like me. All men are created equal and no life is more valuable than any other. If I wanted to show up to the event with my Saiga-12 across my back, and I went to shake the president's hand, I would be offended if the secret service attempted to intervene. I am a peaceful person, but I respect my rights. If the president does not feel comfortable being amongst his fellow countrymen if they are armed, then he probably should not come to Arizona. He's a guest in our state, he has no right to change our way of life with his mere presence.

I particularly loved this bit from the article:

Paul Helmke, president of the Washington, D.C.-based Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said people should not be allowed to bring guns to events where Obama is.

You know what... fuck you Paul... keep your Commie Washington D.C. bullshit where it belongs... in D.C. Some president of a Anti-Gun Violence campaign you are. You should know that gun bans only INCREASE the incidence of gun violence... or maybe you are oblivious to the fact that walking down the streets in D.C. is more dangerous than walking in Baghdad. Thank god the handgun ban there was lifted, maybe in another decade things will have cooled down enough for me to venture to my own country's capital.

He goes on to say that people who bring guns to presidential events are distracting the Secret Service and law enforcement from protecting the president. "The more guns we see at more events like this, there's more potential for something tragic happening."

If the secret service suck so bad that they cannot distinguish a criminal with a gun and intent to do harm from a peace loving civilian who is exercising his/her rights... then maybe the Secret Service folk need to be replaced. I do not feel comfortable having our elected president being protected by the incompetent. Here's a big hint: bad guys do not like drawing attention to themselves before acting.

Gun laws are not going to protect the president. Banning guns in this country will not stop a criminal who is hellbent on casting his lead-ballot to override the millions of votes made with paper ones. Criminals break laws; that is what makes them criminals.

The media is our enemy, we need to study ways to punish them financially until they start reporting the news and quit trying to be an instrument of liberal social change. I have a plan I have been working on...

The media is our enemy, we need to study ways to punish them financially until they start reporting the news and quit trying to be an instrument of liberal social change. I have a plan I have been working on...

Turning the TV off? Thats what I do.

Have you found your deafening silence to be an effective tool to date?

They are using the publics airwaves and the only way to make them behave is money. We need to take the profit out of lying and constant editorializing of every piece to color it in accordance to their liberal agenda.

I will post more when I am ready, for any that care.

The Good Old Assualt Weapon,as the news people call any gun that they see in the movies,out in puplic. These reporting fools need to be acountable for what they are saying. It makes me proud as a peace loving American to see my Brothers and Sisters excerising thier rights. I am ashame to admit it,but I live in N.Y.S. (Upstate Central N.Y.,480 miles from the City of N.Y.) I too excerice my Rights. My Grandfather..Father..Brothers and myself fought to preserve these rights. Like I said..I exercise my rights. It seems funny to me how the News People were quick to report to the world that "Assault Weapons" were displayed in the Great state of Az. How about when a Goverment offical comes from D.C. to preach thier B.S. in a State such as N.Y. We are a Conceal Carry State ! Yes I carry Mr.& Ms. News Reporter,and I do NOT have to answer why. If you really want to make money reporting the News,try reporting the TRUTH and not just what you think you see.

All I can say is "Right on, brother". And I mean that respectfully. His response to that chatterbox that his skin color used to scare a lot of people too really points out the hysteria of having irrational fears about what you are not accustomed to. And it is in fact all about "conditioning". The women claim that he makes them nervous and afraid. They obviously only say that because they have been conditioned to take that stance, because here they are voluntarily walking up to him with their children and confronting him on an emotional issue. How afraid can they really be?

The other aspect that irks me is the same old "Why do you need that" line. What other common piece of personal property do people want to make you justify having with you as much as they do a gun? Its like, if you don't need it at that moment then that is somehow proof that you are never going to need it. Pisses me off.

The other aspect that irks me is the same old "Why do you need that" line. What other common piece of personal property do people want to make you justify having with you as much as they do a gun? Its like, if you don't need it at that moment then that is somehow proof that you are never going to need it. Pisses me off.

He should be asking her why she needs her camera. She can obviously violate other people's privacy with that thing, possibly even ruin someone's life. Not everyone wants to be shot with a camera. Hell, the media is already there to shoot people, no reason for her to bring a camera to a political event. Just leave it to the trained professionals.

What if everyone started showing up with cameras?! There would be no place to hide. You could not have privacy ANYWHERE!

What a hypocrite.

Yep, I'd like to see this happening a lot more. For several reasons.

Thanks for the vid, camon. It was much more entertaining than the article I presented, which, as it did most of you, piss me off with the use of "Assault Weapon" (whoops, I just realized I misspelled "assault" in the topic title . . .) and the general talking shit about guns and citizens rights.

I'm all ears. Or rather, I guess, all eyes . . .

Edited by Raoul_Duke

They are using the publics airwaves and the only way to make them behave is money. We need to take the profit out of lying and constant editorializing of every piece to color it in accordance to their liberal agenda.

Shoot me for saying this, but I occasionally like to get my news from Al Jazeera . They seem to be the anti-FoxNews. I cannot even remember the last time i watched Fox except to see how badly they were skewing the story.

I have found it hard to find an unbiased source of news. I guess you gotta be there.

Edited by zenmetsu

An interesting point I'd mention to anyone who would call the guy a nut.... Would we have heard about the protesters on the news if one had not been carrying a rifle??

Seems like for all the hundreds of poster signs no one got ANY camera time other then the guy standing in a clean shirt and tie with a rifle sitting on his back.

Heck of a good conversation piece if you ask me.

But wait?! THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!! :haha:

Don't laugh. This is my biggest concern. You see, the government has already banned advertising of cigarettes on TV, etc as well as advertising elsewhere using things that might appeal to kids.

If they apply the same line of reasoning to people advertising guns when they open carry, they may try banning open carry so as to keep kids from seeing guns and becoming interested in them. They could require all guns to be concealed, thus requiring a permit in most states or being forbidden in others. Remember, when taking rights away from the people, you gotta do it in little baby-steps.

Then again, the quicker they erode or abolish the 2nd, the sooner the people will become angry and overthrow this bullshit government to put a more proper one into place which will actually respect the constitution/bill of rights.

You know... off topic... well not really since this guy is from We Are Change AZ, but I am fucking sick and tired of all these people calling them "Right-Wing Extremists, Birthers, 9/11 Truthers, Gun-nuts, crazies, etc."

Don't get me wrong I am not saying that 9/11 was an inside job in any way nor am I saying that Obama is/isn't a natural US citizen, but when you get such half-assed, dodgy answers from the government what do you expect? 9/11's investigation was a total joke and MANY people have been left unanswered so of course people are going to start to wonder.

They don't get that the We Are Change/Freedom/Liberty movements have NOTHING to do with the GOP. Hell, I FUCKING HATE THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. The "Left" doesn't understand that we just want to be left the hell alone to live our lives to our choosing and do whatever the hell we want to ourselves. We don't want our hard earned work being stolen out from under us(taxes), we don't want the Fed telling us what we HAVE to put into our body(read upcoming mandatory vaccinations).

Is there really anything wrong with that?

You know... off topic... well not really since this guy is from We Are Change AZ, but I am fucking sick and tired of all these people calling them "Right-Wing Extremists, Birthers, 9/11 Truthers, Gun-nuts, crazies, etc."

Don't get me wrong I am not saying that 9/11 was an inside job in any way nor am I saying that Obama is/isn't a natural US citizen, but when you get such half-assed, dodgy answers from the government what do you expect? 9/11's investigation was a total joke and MANY people have been left unanswered so of course people are going to start to wonder.

They don't get that the We Are Change/Freedom/Liberty movements have NOTHING to do with the GOP. Hell, I FUCKING HATE THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. The "Left" doesn't understand that we just want to be left the hell alone to live our lives to our choosing and do whatever the hell we want to ourselves. We don't want our hard earned work being stolen out from under us(taxes), we don't want the Fed telling us what we HAVE to put into our body(read upcoming mandatory vaccinations).

I've heard it said more than once, the reason the lib-tards are starting to get their way is because they band together. They can't possibly imagine the concept of wanting to be left alone, and form groups and committies ad nauseum to propagate their twisted views. The reason that right wingers have such a hard time being heard is because of the exact nature of how they view things - i.e. I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE. Unfortunately, the "I just want to be left alone" campaign is going to have to be changed to affect any desirable outcome. I DO believe that MOST people want to be left alone, but get crap shoved down their throats by the minority until they are faced with taking matters in their own hands and joining together to defeat the few "do-gooders". It is kind of like that old frog in a pan of water analogy. The water temperature is slowly turned up and up, and the frog will never jump out and ends up being cooked. Baby steps, to take away our rights, as mentioned previously.

Azrial, I for one am very interested to hear your ideas on how to stop this assault on our rights. I got rid of television about 10 years ago because there was nothing worth watching on it except college football. And now that my State has a new head coach that intends to win again, if your plan involves getting a tv again, I'm all for it! LOL. Seriously, we need good ideas, and we need to employ them as quickly as possible to give the media a clue as to what the Country thinks of their "agendas". We need to let them know we are mad as haell and aren't going to put up with their chit anymore. Be aware, though, most media outlets are owned by large companies and corporations that basically tell the media what they can say or print. WND is a source of a lot of info that isn't reported on in any major market.

I've heard it said more than once, the reason the lib-tards are starting to get their way is because they band together. They can't possibly imagine the concept of wanting to be left alone, and form groups and committies ad nauseum to propagate their twisted views. The reason that right wingers have such a hard time being heard is because of the exact nature of how they view things - i.e. I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE. Unfortunately, the "I just want to be left alone" campaign is going to have to be changed to affect any desirable outcome. I DO believe that MOST people want to be left alone, but get crap shoved down their throats by the minority until they are faced with taking matters in their own hands and joining together to defeat the few "do-gooders". It is kind of like that old frog in a pan of water analogy. The water temperature is slowly turned up and up, and the frog will never jump out and ends up being cooked. Baby steps, to take away our rights, as mentioned previously.

Yea I understand which is why I heavily support the CFL, We Are Change, Free State Project, and other liberty movements. Lovers of Liberty ARE starting to get it that although we just want to live our lives the way we want, we also need to band together and use the "Community thinkers(I refuse to call them left wingers because a massive majority of the Republican party is in the same boat as them)" weapons against them.

Azrial, I for one am very interested to hear your ideas on how to stop this assault on our rights. I got rid of television about 10 years ago because there was nothing worth watching on it except college football. And now that my State has a new head coach that intends to win again, if your plan involves getting a tv again, I'm all for it! LOL. Seriously, we need good ideas, and we need to employ them as quickly as possible to give the media a clue as to what the Country thinks of their "agendas". We need to let them know we are mad as haell and aren't going to put up with their chit anymore. Be aware, though, most media outlets are owned by large companies and corporations that basically tell the media what they can say or print. WND is a source of a lot of info that isn't reported on in any major market.

I can think of several illegal means of assaulting the media. Fight-club type shit, ya know. I am not advocating such means, but I think daily about how much fun it really could be!

Then there are the legal things you can do. There is the whole prank-calling the media thing. Call up your local Fux News station, tell them that something big is going down somewhere at the edges of town and let them fly their helichopper out to the middle of BFE and then have another friend make a similar call from the OPPOSITE side of town shortly after they get out there... Mean while you can be out shooting at the edges of town, sipping lemonade and watching the retards fly overhead. Chopper-Pong for the win!

Labels are often used to dehumanize a people. Once they dehumanize the opposition they no longer feel the need to debate them about the issues, they can just disregard their arguments. This is often combined with stereotypes so that they can apply a bunch of labels that don't necessarily fit, in an attempt to further dehumanize them. See a guy carrying a gun at a rally? Well, then he is a warmongering, wing nut, bible thumping, NRA supporting, anti-abortion, sociopathic, anti-Obama, anti-gay marriage, conspiracy theorist and Racist idiot. Oh, he's black? Well then he's also an uncle tom NRA plant. See, we know everything about him, he's an idiot and we don't need to listen to his message. Lets go talk about how much better we are than people like him, I think he should be arrested and the 2A should be repealed! I hate smug fuckers like that and they are everywhere.

It doesn't matter what our message is, those who label us are too stuck in the us vs them, right vs left, black vs white, poor vs rich mentality to see past their own ignorance. It's sad, really, because it only hurts us all if we can't have an honest discussion about the issues.

Hmm, it was set up. I like the part when he explains that he carries because he can't carry a cop with him. :ph34r:

Set-up makes it sound like it was all staged theatrics. But all they did was plan ahead and involve Phoenix PD. Earnest interviewed him out on the street because he has a radio show at the same time this was happening. I wouldn't so much go to say that it was all staged or setup, but it wasn't some spontaneous act, it was planned properly.

Set-up makes it sound like it was all staged theatrics. But all they did was plan ahead and involve Phoenix PD. Earnest interviewed him out on the street because he has a radio show at the same time this was happening. I wouldn't so much go to say that it was all staged or setup, but it wasn't some spontaneous act, it was planned properly.

I didn't mean it as a derogitory comment, I'm sure it was not all staged theatrics, and I agree that it was planned properly. Plus like you said the event took place durring his show so it needed to be carefully planned. And getting the Phx PD involved was a verry good idea. The whole thing was a great idea and I hope to see more states join in. After all whats the point in having these freedoms if we aren't going to exercise them?

I'm kind of wondering how many people would be jumping up to defend my Second Amendment rights and my First Amendment right to free speech and freedom of expression if I were to get all duded up in full-on Al Qaeda gear and take my sniper rifle to a Sarah Palin rally.

My guess is, not many.

It was legal, no harm was done, and frankly the man showed good consious keeping positive ID on his rifle by holding the sling. He was not jumpy, he was calm and smooth.

I would have felt completly comfortable in front of him, and obviously she did too to confront him.

I would like to applaud this mans efforts, and coming from a state like NY i have to say that seeing something like this being freely done really makes me think moving in the future might be a option.