SureFire Mags.

I have used the 10 round and 30 round 7.62 X 39 SureFire mags with very good success in my Rifle. I recommend them for anyone using the non-modified rifle.

yeah, ive had the same experience with them too, but there seems to be a lot of people on these boards that bash them all to hell...not sure why.

They are among the best US made mags available, but as saigafreake says, why pay $40 each when you can pay $10 for an all steel magazine?

It doesn't make economic sense, any way you slice it.

• Like 1

I have used the 10 round and 30 round 7.62 X 39 SureFire mags with very good success in my Rifle. I recommend them for anyone using the non-modified rifle.

yeah, ive had the same experience with them too, but there seems to be a lot of people on these boards that bash them all to hell...not sure why.

They are among the best US made mags available, but as saigafreake says, why pay $40 each when you can pay $10 for an all steel magazine?

Ive seen the 7.62x39 Saiga Surefire mags at shows for little as $17.95. thats basically the same price as the tapco mags, which are also supposed to be above and beyond milspec according to them... and BTW, where the hell are you guys finding steel AK mags for $10.00 a piece? I have never seen them less than about $15.00ea. and that was at a show...

Edited by RoughRider666
  • Like 1

and BTW, where the hell are you guys finding steel AK mags for $10.00 a piece? I have never seen them less than about $15.00ea. and that was at a show...

You have to keep your eyes on these large vendors websites.

When they post up the $10 mags, they don't last long. . .

• Like 1

and BTW, where the hell are you guys finding steel AK mags for $10.00 a piece? I have never seen them less than about $15.00ea. and that was at a show...

You have to keep your eyes on these large vendors websites.

When they post up the $10 mags, they don't last long. . .

No I wouldn't think they would last long, that's a really good deal!

I want to know whose got SureFires for under $20 for a 30 rounder.. Even a 15-20 rounder would be ok with me.

I got 2 Thermolds (30's) for $25 and I thought that was a deal..

i said ive seen them cheap at shows, i didnt say anyone was currently selling them cheap...

Edited by RoughRider666

Main problem is in Ca. we've got our ten round limit. I've looked but haven't seen 10 round steel mags very ofter. Any good tips on that, besides moving outta Cali?

+1 on the quality of the SureFires. I've got two, have dropped them several times fully loaded, and nothing...

Ive seen the 7.62x39 Saiga Surefire mags at shows for little as $17.95. thats basically the same price as the tapco mags, which are also supposed to be above and beyond milspec according to them...

Who ever told you Tapco magazines were better than Steel was selling you a line of bull. Tapco makes plastic mags that no Com Block military would use. Look for Circle-10 bulgy or Valmet or Old style Polish Slabsides. Do not buy plastic mags with no metal reinforcement.

Also you can buy Romanian steel mags for $7.95 online right now all day long. $10 is WAAAAY to high.

Edited by bigsal

Ive seen the 7.62x39 Saiga Surefire mags at shows for little as $17.95. thats basically the same price as the tapco mags, which are also supposed to be above and beyond milspec according to them...

Who ever told you Tapco magazines were better than Steel was selling you a line of bull. Tapco makes plastic mags that no Com Block military would use. Look for Circle-10 bulgy or Valmet or Old style Polish Slabsides. Do not buy plastic mags with no metal reinforcement.

Also you can buy Romanian steel mags for $7.95 online right now all day long. $10 is WAAAAY to high.

im only going by what they advertise on their site. its also pretty impressive that it shows a soldier doing push ups on a rifle with a TAPCO mag being the only thing touching the ground...cant be all that weak!

TAPCO 7.62x39 mags are actually really good. I've seen the pushup videos and I believe it. Got a whole shelf-full of Tapco AK mags and have no reservations using them, for plinking, SHTF or anything in between.

That being said, I'm not a Tapco shill. I'll be the first to tell you that their buttstocks and forearms are flimsy pieces of shit.

Tapco mags: hell yes.

Tapco G2 FCG: hell yes.

Tapco pistol grip: meh, it's okay.

Tapco anything else: POS.

are the surefires steel lined?

i can't remember.

ALSO, copes seemes to have them for $39.99...not...$20.99, unless they doubled in price in one day (I'm thinking you mistook them for the ProMag).

Edited by jflow25@gmail.com

i have ordered a few mill surp mags lately from different company's. i'll order 4 at a time. the problem with them is there condition varies. a lot of the time one is completely junk. they all say they will take the bad ones back so thats good. i had to clean most of mine up and get some surface rust off but after that there jam up. if you dont want to save a buck and want to have something brand new in your rifle dont order mill surp mags.

i have ordered a few mill surp mags lately from different company's. i'll order 4 at a time. the problem with them is there condition varies. a lot of the time one is completely junk. they all say they will take the bad ones back so thats good. i had to clean most of mine up and get some surface rust off but after that there jam up. if you dont want to save a buck and want to have something brand new in your rifle dont order mill surp mags.

I just picked a dozen new Bulgarian steel mags so I'm done. I found with the steel the best thing to do after full cleaning while its still disassembled is hit the follower and surfaces that contact the round with 320 grit sand paper and follow that with dremel wire brush or 600 sand paper for a nice smooth surface and no sharp edges. I also used some door molding from auto-zone to prevent damage on ejection. That way the brass isn't damaged for reloading and the mags feed smooth as silk on either brass or steel.

Why reload? Brass is expensive and is so much more accurate for about .18 a round. It shaved a full MOA off group size. And yeah I like to do it.

TAPCO 7.62x39 mags are actually really good. I've seen the pushup videos and I believe it. Got a whole shelf-full of Tapco AK mags and have no reservations using them, for plinking, SHTF or anything in between.

That being said, I'm not a Tapco shill. I'll be the first to tell you that their buttstocks and forearms are flimsy pieces of shit.

Ive found the front Infusion hand guard to be fine, fits well and very comfortable. The T6 telescoping stock has held up well even after dropping it a few times and allows my wife to comfortably shoot the rifle as well as I. The PG is ok it does the job since I always cushion it any way with some of that tennis racket tape for a nice firm comfortable grip. Not the best parts but they do the job without costing a ton. Never tried the mags since I went to steel and only use plastic Sur-fire at the range.

Ive found the front Infusion hand guard to be fine, fits well and very comfortable. The T6 telescoping stock has held up well even after dropping it a few times and allows my wife to comfortably shoot the rifle as well as I. The PG is ok it does the job since I always cushion it any way with some of that tennis racket tape for a nice firm comfortable grip. Not the best parts but they do the job without costing a ton. Never tried the mags since I went to steel and only use plastic Sur-fire at the range.

Cool. Haven't tried the new Infusion guards. The Galil style just feels clumsy, but it's not flimsy. Rear buttstocks are another story. I'd be afraid to put a Tapco folder on a Saiga-12 for fear of it buckling under recoil.

I have Korean new production steel 30's for $15 and 40's for $17. I have had no problems with them at all.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-MAGAZINES-dsh-DRUMS-cln-AK47-7.62x39/Categories