Good first hand gun for CCW?

Juggernaut I like the pocket testiment. You a Gideon?

My Grandfather was... Sadly, Shiawassee county Gidions "shunned" me on account that I'm tattooed and they fear real testimony (Don't wanna rock the boat!!)...

Never mind that I had 5 recommendation letters letters for highly credible folks.

Working on ordination now anyhow..... So, Gidion's is a non option when you become ordained anyway...

I will always do my part for the Kingdom.... and continue th support the organization nationally... just not locally....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glock, 27 is my CCW,,, and for my wife It going to be a ruger lcp..

+ 1 on the 27.I picked one up a couple of months ago to replace a Kahr pm-40 as my primary carry gun and have no regrets.Slap on some pearce +1 grip extensions and you are good to go.I also at times carry a Springfield 1911 witch is surprisingly easily cancelable in a galco royal gaurd holster and a over shirt.

Edited by pm-40

Seems like every Glocks have a pretty good reputaion for CCW. Any one carry a 1911?

I'm considering a 1911 as a possible carry pice since I can comfortable hide a berretta 92 under my shirt.

Other thing is who has an XD and what do you think? Shot the 45 and thought it was comfortable.

Edited by Rusty truck

Seems like every Glocks have a pretty good reputaion for CCW. Any one carry a 1911?

I'm considering a 1911 as a possible carry pice since I can comfortable hide a berretta 92 under my shirt.

Other thing is who has an XD and what do you think? Shot the 45 and thought it was comfortable.

Just mho, but I own a custom Colt 1991A1, (1911), and also a Glock in .45 ACP: the Glock-30. The Glock has less recoil with a 3.5" barrel than the Colt does with a 5" barrel. It also holds 3 more rounds in the mag, (10+1 rounds total).

I've fired a couple XD .45's and tbh I wasn't impressed.

Glock > XD/1911's.

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up a RIA Compact "Officer's" 3.5 1911. I am 6'2" and 195. I had a PT1911 government before that was simply too big to carry daily so I went to a Bersa thunder 45 and now to an officer's 1911. The officer's has less recoil than the government due to the round not burning all it's powder in the barrel. I carry 7+1 of Hornady Hollow points and I have no concern about not stopping my target(s). I love this little dude to death I just need to pick up a cross bread holster to go with my rig. I currently have a fobus paddle hoster which I used with my government but it's 1.25" longer than the end of my barrel. Works GREAT in the winter but is horrible in the summer.

If you want a double stack look at the Charles Daly's M5. Both options I just have you come in well under 1K.

Good luck,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

I just picked up a RIA Compact "Officer's" 3.5 1911. I am 6'2" and 195. I had a PT1911 government before that was simply too big to carry daily so I went to a Bersa thunder 45 and now to an officer's 1911. The officer's has less recoil than the government due to the round not burning all it's powder in the barrel. I carry 7+1 of Hornady Hollow points and I have no concern about not stopping my target(s). I love this little dude to death I just need to pick up a cross bread holster to go with my rig. I currently have a fobus paddle hoster which I used with my government but it's 1.25" longer than the end of my barrel. Works GREAT in the winter but is horrible in the summer.

If you want a double stack look at the Charles Daly's M5. Both options I just have you come in well under 1K.

Good luck,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

A hacksaw, and a bit of sandpaper will take off that extra length on the Fobus holster. Worked great for my Glock 26;)

WS

Good luck,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

A hacksaw, and a bit of sandpaper will take off that extra length on the Fobus holster. Worked great for my Glock 26;)

WS

I know but the section I need cut off also has the point that re-enforces the poly to keep it from separating so I don't want to risk cutting it off.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the XD .45ACP Tactical with the compact grip, if the grip is a bit too short for you then the full size grip may suite you just right.

I have the XD .45ACP compact (4" barrel) and I love it. I am 5'11" kinda slim and it conceals well for me, I am also pretty darn accurate with it and can put three rounds center mass with a quickness. I carry mine with the 10 round compact magazine in the gun and back that up with the 13 round full size magazine on my belt.

Hope that helps

DeMilled

P.S. If I had the chance to go back and order the Tactical with Compact grip I would do it in a hearbeat, as soon as I save up the extra cash I will be ordering one and keeping my 4" barrel compact as a truck gun/back-up.