Headline ....Father Expresses Concern Over ATF Agent's Treatment In Jail Posted: 4:42 pm EDT September 29, 2009Updated: 4:57 pm EDT September 29, 2009

Like most fathers, James C. Sirbaugh is standing by his son even through two arrests, incarceration and criminal charges.

His son, whose name is also James Sirbaugh, is an agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. The younger Sirbaugh is charged in connection with what police called a domestic dispute that led to a neighborhood lockdown.

There is good and bad in every field of work...but in the case of the ATF it looks like bad and worse! If he did abuse his wife, I hope they hang him out to dry. If he didn't, but was "accused" of it by his wife...well, just sayin that I have seen that happen before to a good friend and he lost all his guns and the right to carry them because of one crazy woman!

People in law enforcement are not genetically cloned, they come out the same gene pool as everyone else and are no more similar, or dissimilar.

Additionally we do not know if this Agent is guilty or not. I guess that whole "innocent until proved guilty" thing does not apply when we dislike a profession...

• Like 1

People in law enforcement are not genetically cloned, they come out the same gene pool as everyone else and are no more similar, or dissimilar.

Additionally we do not know if this Agent is guilty or not. I guess that whole "innocent until proved guilty" thing does not apply when we dislike a profession...

Or someones race.

Or someones race.

Yeah......that's what everything is always about with some folks :ph34r:

+1 Azrial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peelian_Principles

* Every police officer should be issued a badge number, to assure accountability for his actions.

* Whether the police are effective is not measured on the number of arrests, but on the lack of crime.

* Above all else, an effective authority figure knows trust and accountability are paramount. Hence, Peel's most often quoted principle: The police are the public and the public are the police.

• Like 1

Hey man, its not that we judge them unfairly when they screw up, its really that we expect them to follow that which they essentially preach. and when they dont, a lot of people have a lot to say about it. We have higher expectations of those that would rule us.

Dont abuse children, and dont hit women. Dude shoulda just walked the fuck out when it got to a certain point, like real men do. I dont know what went on, and really honestly do not care what went on, but I can tell ya this.....he should be glad he isnt MY brother in law....the jail and his job would be the LEAST of his worries. You lift a hand to a female or child that I am related to or give a crap about, Im the last thing you want to see......ask around if you dont believe me....

Women can and will be the biggest assholes on earth.....deal with it.

Why so defensive Azrial? There were two posts before yours and neither one of them accused a whole profession of being bad. Everyone understands that LEOs are human beings but what Bvamp said is true, you are the ones out there holding everyone else to a certain standard. If you don't live up to that standard yourselves you can bet your ass someone is going to say something about it. And when we do that I have yet to see anyone condemn the whole profession.

Hey man, its not that we judge them unfairly when they screw up, its really that we expect them to follow that which they essentially preach. and when they dont, a lot of people have a lot to say about it. We have higher expectations of those that would rule us.

Dont abuse children, and dont hit women. Dude shoulda just walked the fuck out when it got to a certain point, like real men do. I dont know what went on, and really honestly do not care what went on, but I can tell ya this.....he should be glad he isnt MY brother in law....the jail and his job would be the LEAST of his worries. You lift a hand to a female or child that I am related to or give a crap about, Im the last thing you want to see......ask around if you dont believe me....

Women can and will be the biggest assholes on earth.....deal with it.

The whole intent of these posts is to lay dispersion on a whole profession. Tom seems like an honest man, why not let him tell me that he would have posted this if the man was not a cop.

BTW, what business do you have "judging" anyone, specially when the courts have not done so yet? In your last paragraph you actuality talk like you were there! Nice that you are so protective of your family, but you have a lot to learn about CDV. BTW, despite your improper usage of the word "you" I know that you are not talking to me.

In my experience at least 30% of the time the woman is the aggressor and at least half the time there was actually no physical aggression. There are just some folks that think that having the police haul off their spouse is the best way to have the last word in an argument. Or to make sure that they get to smoke the last bowl of crack. Add it up, and despite the federally boilerplated BS that passes for CDV enforcement policy, which by the way removes your ability own a gun, forever, there are many times that the innocent are charged with CDV.

Yet, here you are, standing here pointing to this example of a "bad cop."

There are generally two types of people who go into Law Enforcement: Those who legitimately want to help people, and those who are on some kind of power trip. Sadly the 2nd category seems to far outweigh the first.

This ATF guy should be considered innocent until the facts are in and he is judged by his peers. :unsure:

Why so defensive Azrial? There were two posts before yours and neither one of them accused a whole profession of being bad. Everyone understands that LEOs are human beings but what Bvamp said is true, you are the ones out there holding everyone else to a certain standard. If you don't live up to that standard yourselves you can bet your ass someone is going to say something about it. And when we do that I have yet to see anyone condemn the whole profession.

Bullshit.

This post was made for one reason, and only a moron would miss that. I do not see VanKiller or anyone else posting random CDV cases that occur in their bergs. The title says in all.

Look, while we are chatting, how about drop a pair and start acting like a man regarding your insentient hatred of cops? Start saying what you mean like you did when you first got here. I at least respected your convictions then, if not your logic or intellect. Quit trying to cloak it in duplicitous sanctimonious babble. Innuendo is for pussys.

Your story is there in plane view for all the world to see. A guy that could not make it as a cop, for whatever reason, is doing the only job that he can to be near his heroes, who he secretly hates. He comes here and vents to prevent his own perverse duality from destroying him. Your kind are a dime a dozen.

I am just warm, or white hot? :devil:

There are generally two types of people who go into Law Enforcement: Those who legitimately want to help people, and those who are on some kind of power trip. Sadly the 2nd category seems to far outweigh the first.

This ATF guy should be considered innocent until the facts are in and he is judged by his peers. :unsure:

What a completely ridiculous generalization. You forgot the third group which makes up about 80%, solid law abiding Americans who want a steady paycheck and a decent pension.

• Like 1

Bullshit.

This post was made for one reason, and only a moron would miss that. I do not see VanKiller or anyone else posting random CDV cases that occur in their bergs. The title says in all.

Look, while we are chatting, how about drop a pair and start acting like a man regarding your insentient hatred of cops? Start saying what you mean like you did when you first got here. I at least respected your convictions then, if not your logic or intellect. Quit trying to cloak it in duplicitous sanctimonious babble. Innuendo is for pussys.

Your story is there in plane view for all the world to see. A guy that could not make it as a cop, for whatever reason, is doing the only job that he can to be near his heroes, who he secretly hates. He comes here and vents to prevent his own perverse duality from destroying him. Your kind are a dime a dozen.

I am just warm, or white hot? 011.gif

Huh? Who? What? Could not make it as a cop?? Oh, wow. Look Azrial, let me tell you something my little friend, I'm on my days off now and I've just gotten back from having a few beers with my friends so I'm not going to spend too much time on you right now but I will tell you one thing, being a cop has never entered my mind. I don't even know where you get that shit. I work in the transportantion industry and have for the last 28 years. For your information my tiltle is "Captain" and I make three times as much money as you'll ever dream about, big guy. Don't even go there with me!