69 members have voted

1. 1. If you could have only one saiga which one would you choose?

• Saiga 12
    • Saiga 7.62x39
    • Saiga 223
    • Saiga 308

attention_whore2.jpg

I want some a dat, not too sure what I'd do with it first, but I want it :lol:

Hmmm.. I'm thinkin "dat" needs something to fill that open, (and purdy), mouth. :devil:

Yeah.. good pic. That chick looks hot and fairly stupid, a classic combination that I really appreciate!! :D

• Like 1

attention_whore2.jpg

I want some a dat, not too sure what I'd do with it first, but I want it :lol:

Hmmm.. I'm thinkin "dat" needs something to fill that open, (and purdy), mouth. :devil:

Yeah.. good pic. That chick looks hot and fairly stupid, a classic combination that I really appreciate!! :D

Hot and 'tarded, that's a combo I never thought of. What the hell is the saying, youth is wasted on the youth? LMAO. If I only knew back in high school what I know now.

I think the point that should be taken into consideration is not the zombie factor, as much as just the total VERSATILITY of the S12. Yes, the rifles all have their places... BUT... when it comes time to put FOOD on the table, because NO FOOD can be bought anywhere, because civilization has been shut down... the 12 gauge will outperform in the food gathering role FAR BETTER than the other rifles combined... I would like to see someone shoot and eat squirrels with a 7.62 X 39, out of a tree as they are running through the branches... likewise, a 12 gauge slug will still take out a deer a hundred yards out... sure a .308 will do that out 2 or 3 hundred... if you are pushing it...

Self defense?? yeah, rifles are better for long rage standoff... think of where you live NOW... how many of you would benefit from the range given by a rifle over a 12 gauge with the proper load suited to the ranges you have to "defend"...

Ammo is certainly larger and heavier in the 12 gauge... I concede that to the rifles... but you can get 12 gauge shells in virtually ANY store that sells ammo... you may not find 223 or 308, and very likely wont find X39 in your local walmart, when the zombies come...

If I could have ONLY ONE Saiga... I think of the question more along the lines of... "If you can have ONLY ONE FIREARM, that happens to be a SAIGA.... WHICH would you choose?" Then it is the Saiga 12, hands down!!

If I could only have one saiga... but all the other firearms I wanted... I wouldnt even really NEED a Saiga then... cause I could fill the niches with something else... I would without a doubt choose a .410 Saiga only again because I would use it for hunting... and it would fit a niche the 12 gauge is too much for. ( bunnies and squirrel) while allowing me to have a 12 gauge something else for the rest of the needs, and any other rifle in any caliber I Want for the rest of the details... :up:

:smoke:

You're a mod, Indy, so I can't "officially +1" your above post, but I think it's well said. :up: I agree. Shotguns are always better hunting weapons than rifles unless we're talking long distances, (or gigantic game). Shotgun shells are more versatile and plentiful than rifle cartridges. You can use slugs/buckshot when hunting deer, (or two-legged targets), birdshot for fowling, etc.

And should the zompocalypse ever occur.. the S-12 is obviously the best tool to de-animate those damn walking dead :killer:

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • 1 year later...

i dont know about you guys, but this type of question almost makes me uncomfortable. i dont want to have to choose between my s12 and s308. and god damn it, i want one in 7.62x39... i think i may end up also getting one in 5.45 too.

you can never have too many AK47's!!!