Saiga(nov) .308

Well, she's finally done!!!! :big_smile: Thanks to Cobra, for all the parts, the bolt work and the awsome custom handguard. And to PistonRing08 for putting her together and test firing/ sighting in the scope!! I couldnt be happier with the way it turned out!!!

I had bought this Saiga 308 as a replacement for my PSL. I was getting tired of having to order ammo. Most of the gun shops around here only stock heavy ball. I had to keep ordering the Milsurp. The Saiga was, in a way, ment to replace the PSL. If I want to go shooting and I'm low on the x54 I can just stop by and buy any x51.

So I wanted to make it Saiganov but I was not about to do it myself. These rifles are not all equal. Some are built better than others and I was not about to get stuck half way with a conversion looking for a gunsmith to fix some unforeseen problem or a problem of my own doing. Anyhow I read through the forums and found that Cobra had done a lot of his own work and he was offering consulting services. So I contacted him. We went over what I was looking for and came up with this.

US rod

Tapco trigger

Choate Dragonov stock

Cobra custom made HG

Cobra ordered the parts and did the work on them. PistonRing helped me with the trigger conversion, parts fitting and assembly.

+1 to both guys! Both were real cool guys to deal with. And kept me in the loop every step of the way.

dscn0357i.jpg

dscn0358z.jpg

dscn0359qz.jpg

Just need to get a bipod now. Later on I might add a flash hider and do a different paint job.

• Like 2

Very Nice! The Trigger Front Handguard really sets it off!

Sorry, I blame it on senility or oxygen deprivation! from the run! :rolleyes:

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 1

The rings are a bit high but I'm a lefty so it somehow works for me (use left or right eye shooting iron sights and right eye for scopes)...go figure.

Also Was thinking maybe change to an ACOG type scope and make it a MBR instead.

Edited by Arik

I like that HG, how much to get one Cobra?

I must agree that handguard is very nice! Will it fit on any Saiga rifle?

Beautiful rifle also, I actually like the looks of the wood stock on my rifle but after seeing that I'm getting tempted to convert mine or buy anorher one to convert.

Bullseyeboy-

Beautiful rifle also, I actually like the looks of the wood stock on my rifle but after seeing that I'm getting tempted to convert mine or buy anorher one to convert.

Bullseyeboy-

Its a modded surefire HG. I think they make one for the all saigas. Google Saiga surefire HG

Edited by Arik

Bullseyeboy-

Yes the HG is a heavily modded SGM rifle HG. It would fit on any of the Saiga rifles. I'll look back through my records and see how much the charge was to mill the sides flat, cut it shorter on an angle, and mill the vents in the sides.