What to do?

For $3,000 I'd be looking at a real full auto SBR P90. Not the long bareled PS90 with its nuts cut off. Just one one of many things I'd buy with that kind of cash. Maybe a SBS saiga 12, or an Ar15 in .50 beowolf. If you are looking for fullauto small frame guns Glock 18c is nice. 33 rounds of 9mm is nasty. you got lots of options,sounds like you want an SMG. What are you looking for the most?

Can't have full-auto Saiga-12s, P90s, Glock 18c's or anything else made after 1986 unless its a dealer sample. For $3000, the MAC family is the onlytransferable (theres the operative word) FA weapon you can afford.

That being said I think they're alot of fun and well worth the money.

IMO I think FA is a waste of ammo unless you have a system that can keep rounds on target. Which would be hard with a FA .45 MAC(although it would be very fun to shoot). If I had that much money to spend and was looking for something in .45 I myself would get a short barrel TDI Kriss super V. It wouldn't be FA but they :super:. They look a little space age but seem to be the best thing out there in .45

www.kriss-tdi.com

Edited by raidersfan_5544
  • Like 1

I don't have a great suggestion for you here.. if I had ~$3k to burn I'd probably buy 6 SGL-21 rifles while they're at ~$500 apiece and consider them investments.

I will say that I've fired a FA MAC-10 and they're damn near uncontrollable in sustained fire. The muzzle rise is incredible. They become anti-aircraft guns in very short order. Fun as hell.. but not the most practical of weapons. Also, they're expensive as hell to shoot, have you seen .45 ACP prices lately? :sick:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

^ Meh. Kinda gay as a "BSAR", (Browning Semi- Automatic Rifle). That weapon is designed around full-auto application. With that capability removed, imo it's not that impressive.

If I had $3k to burn and wanted a FA weapon.. I think I'd look into a Krinkov. Forgive my ignorance, but are those >$3k?

Fuck it, instead of spending a bunch of money on a bunch of rounds, spend a bunch of money on a single round and blow something to pieces.

Barrett M107 with this... http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144864665

You'd still be reasonably within budget, and you can take out lightly armored vehicles. Not many of us can say that around here.

Personally, wasting boxes upon boxes of ammo gets old, but shooting targets a mile away is never boring.

Fuck it, instead of spending a bunch of money on a bunch of rounds, spend a bunch of money on a single round and blow something to pieces.

Barrett M107 with this... http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144864665

You'd still be reasonably within budget, and you can take out lightly armored vehicles. Not many of us can say that around here.

Personally, wasting boxes upon boxes of ammo gets old, but shooting targets a mile away is never boring.

Last I checked the M107 was $9000. That's 3 times the dudes budget. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies. If I went the 50bmg route I'd go with a BA-50 and that is still over 4k. Ok so far my options are between the Mac, ammo,6 new saigas nib which could be a good investment if the company does go out of business. Any other suggestions?

Just for what it's worth..........The transferable Mac 10 is a ball, and when you spend another couple hundred and get the 22lr conversion kit it is still a ball and cheap to shoot. (Although they seem to prefer CCI mini mags)

Just get someone to turn a fake can out of solid metal and the 45 gets controlable in a hurry.

...Ok so far my options are between the Mac, ammo,6 new saigas nib which could be a good investment if the company does go out of business. Any other suggestions?

These particular Saigas, (SGL-21s), normally cost ~$850+ apiece. This price reduction by Arsenal is very temporary. So no company has to go out of business for these rifles to appreciate in value nearly immediately. And, of course, once the coming ban hits, the price of these will go through the roof, (like every other "evil" black gun).

Last I checked the M107 was $9000. That's 3 times the dudes budget. :rolleyes:

haha woops, I had just gotten back from a halloween party last night and lets just say, I wasn't all there. What I meant was, get a .50 BMG. Theres a couple of em' locally that are 1500-1700 dollars. Bolt action of course... saves on ammo right? haha

Thanks for the replies. If I went the 50bmg route I'd go with a BA-50 and that is still over 4k. Ok so far my options are between the Mac, ammo,6 new saigas nib which could be a good investment if the company does go out of business. Any other suggestions?

If you look back at my post #5, I did say SOME of the $ for ammo.

I like PA's opinion in post #8, Great investment.

IMO, both are an investment.

Maybe you can do both.

2 or 3 SGL-21 rifles

Ammo for ALL weapons.

Whatever weapon you choose,

Leave $ for ammo is all I'm saying.

Good Luck and Have Fun on Your Quest!

Edited by THE RIPPER