Choice of two

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which gun?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have finally got my Police to agree to me having a multi-shot shotgun.

I have 2 to choose from right now, a s/hand 12C (£???) or a brand new Spetsnaz 2 (£1100). These are very hard to get in the UK, a new one has an 8 month waiting list as far as I'm aware!

Has anyone got good reason to choose one over the other?

There's also a pump action Mossberg with a Knoxx Axiom stock with 10rd drum mag for £500 which looks fantastic!!

12C

post-21359-12571995584971_thumb.jpg

Spetsnaz 2

post-21359-12571996814559_thumb.gif

Mossberg

post-21359-12571995943652_thumb.jpg

those are all fantastic (although I'm not familiar with that mossy, looks very nice, but I prefer semi auto)

I chose the spetsnaz since brand new, nice gun, threaded muzzle.. I shied away from the 12c simply because you didn't have a price on it which makes it hard to compare..

Both would be considered awesome here as they are impossible to get ahold of.. not sure how the UK works but the waiting list makes me think it's not much better. Great opportunity to get a really nice gun

Edited by volkov

I voted for the 12C if it's been around the block a few times, it is bound to have any kinks worked out,.. fwiw

That's why I'm considering it. The Cobra optic and a silencer are sweeteners too.

Buying rifles second-hand is usually more risky than shotguns as there isn't as much worry on how the previous owners have treated the bore.

The Mossberg just looks great!

I voted for the 12C if it's been around the block a few times, it is bound to have any kinks worked out,.. fwiw

That's why I'm considering it. The Cobra optic and a silencer are sweeteners too.

Buying rifles second-hand is usually more risky than shotguns as there isn't as much worry on how the previous owners have treated the bore.

The Mossberg just looks great!

Excuse my "french", but in this case, fuck Mossberg!

Have you confirmed that the silencer suppressor on the 12-C is indeed functional? If so, it's worth serious consideration. If not, the Spetznaz 2 is the clearly superior choice.

...Excuse my "french", but in this case, fuck Mossberg!

Have you confirmed that the silencer suppressor on the 12-C is indeed functional? If so, it's worth serious consideration. If not, the Spetznaz 2 is the clearly superior choice.

Yeah, the Mossberg is a turd, for sale at your better Wal-Marts...

So, are folks there only allowed single shot breech loaders or something? Forgive my ignorance, I am just curious about U.K. gun laws.

We have two licences, a Fire Arms Certificate (FAC) and a Shotgun Certificate. On a Shotgun licence we are allowed a shotgun of not more than 3 cartridge capacity with a minimum length of 40". A shotgun with more than 3 cartridges needs to be put on the FAC and be well justified to the Police. Practical Shotgun competition and vermin control are justifiable reasons to own a multi-shot shotgun.

So on my Shotgun Certificate, I have my Baikal Hushpower .410 and an AYA side-by-side 12 gauge. The multi-shot took over a year to be approved by my local Firearms Dept!

The 12C has been bought by another guy, I have put a deposit on the Spetsnaz-2 and the Mossberg. Hopefully I can convince the Police that I should be allowed the Mossberg as our club's Practical Shotgun competition has separate categories for pump and semi-auto ;)