Optics for a S12

As the title says, I'd like to get some kind of optics for my S12. I just did a Tromix side folder conversion and love it, but I'd like to take the gun to the next level and throw on something that'll help me aim faster than iron sights. I had been looking at a PK-AS sight but they're a bit pricy for me. I obviously don't intend to use this as a slug gun; it's a combat shotgun, so I'd like something without magnification. I also looked at Kobra sights, but I'm not sure if they're weather proof enough for me. I need something that's going to survive the apocalypse.

As the title says, I'd like to get some kind of optics for my S12. I just did a Tromix side folder conversion and love it, but I'd like to take the gun to the next level and throw on something that'll help me aim faster than iron sights. I had been looking at a PK-AS sight but they're a bit pricy for me. I obviously don't intend to use this as a slug gun; it's a combat shotgun, so I'd like something without magnification. I also looked at Kobra sights, but I'm not sure if they're weather proof enough for me. I need something that's going to survive the apocalypse.

Just how weatherproof will it have to be? You aren't going to find one more durable than the Kobra from what I've read. It's also Russian and is made to attach to your gun.

You are welcome to come over sometime and test mine out if you want. You can attach it to your S-12 and toss it into my pond if it makes you feel better. :smoke:

I used to have a Belarus mount with a C-More red dot. I removed it (cause it was a little bulky)

I mounted a Burris Fastfire using their 1911 mount. The mount has to be massaged to work but it came out really well. The 1911 dovetail insert is a little small, so I had to weld some extra material and file it to fit.

post-4457-12596163486527_thumb.jpg

PK-AS are nice. They are rugged as hell, work without batteries (in good lighting conditions) and hold zero well, even when detached and re-attached. I was shooting clays with a PK-AS recently. Did a lot better than I was doing with irons before. East Wave Products has them for a good price. It's where I got mine from.

+1 the PK-AS

FWIW I feel like it's tougher than a Kobra...mine has taken some hard knocks and been fine, and withstood the recoil of the 12 for about 800 rounds now. I also like the Kobra a lot, but prefer the PK-AS overall.

S12MagWell_L_001.JPG

Z

I sincerely hope you didn't buy that thinking it was made by Aimpoint.

IIRC those are made by iTac aren't they? Or am I just thinking of the rest of Sig's accessories?

I'm probably going to go pick up a PK-AS now that I'm thinking about it. The most major thing is the ability to work without batteries. In the event of an EMP, I want my sight to still work. I know you can just take it off the gun and use irons, but I'd rather just have a sight that works in all conditions... that's what I mean by weather proof... not necessarily the NC humidity, but more a SHTF situation where we might be subjecting the gun to abnormal abuse.