Trigger main spring

Does anybody have experience with the JP Enterprise trigger main spring?

If you mean the J/T Engineering Trigger spring, Yes I have the reduced power and the standard power springs. I have the standard power spring installed now. Fits great works just fine.

Does anybody have experience with the JP Enterprise trigger main spring?

I bought a couple in Jan/Feb timeframe - 25% reduced - full power didn't exist yet. They both were jumping off of the BHO side trigger leg. Outward bend fixed that. Used it since then for a full year with no issues.

Bought mine a couple of months or so ago, I installed it with the Tromix Heavy Hitter firing pin and spring, 1st 10 rounds went boom, then all of a sudden I just got small primer dents. I removed the Full Power JTE spring and gave it an additional 25% power by rebending the spring and all is good. That was about 150 slugs and buckshot ago. The Tromix FCG really works well with this spring and seems to be a little smoother than with the factory spring.

I have a full power JTE spring and have put a couple hundred rounds through it with no problems.

Razorback,

When ever I had the original spring in, I replaced my striker with the Tromix Heavy Hitter and began noticing LPS. I removed it and put the factory striker back in and problem solved. I think the spring might be a little stiff on the Tromix. Maybe that would clear up after the spring was broken in, but I dont know. I been meaning to ask if the Tromix can be installed with the factory spring.

I have a full power JTE spring and have put a couple hundred rounds through it with no problems.

Razorback,

When ever I had the original spring in, I replaced my striker with the Tromix Heavy Hitter and began noticing LPS. I removed it and put the factory striker back in and problem solved. I think the spring might be a little stiff on the Tromix. Maybe that would clear up after the spring was broken in, but I dont know. I been meaning to ask if the Tromix can be installed with the factory spring.

Razorback,

The factory striker would work, but I checked on some of the heavy hitter threads and noticed that the intent on the heavy hitter firning pin and spring was to add reliability to the firing pin by having an extra strong firing pin spring. The weaker the spring the less life on the firing pin. The factory hammer spring works great with the heavy hitter, and tuning the mainspring to your individual gun is just part of the fun, these guns are really great once they're tuned in. The trigger feels better with the JTE spring over the factory one. Just getting ready for another 30 slugs and 15 buckshot test this week if it warms up a little.

I've had the reduced mainspring since late spring or early summer. I have a reduced recoil spring that I change out when shooting heavier or lighter loads too. Probably around 1,000 rounds with them so far. The Shotgun has about double that. No primers not going off. No problems with cycling. Nothing bad to report yet.

The reduced mainspring makes things smoother IMO. Of course, at the same time I also polished up the carrier, bolt, hammer face, CFG, barrel extension and rails. Also added a slight ramp to the bottom of the barrel. So it's hard to tell how much was the spring and how much was the rest. I might put the original spring back in and see how different things feel.

Anyway, for the price, it's a nice thing to have. If nothing else, consider it a spare part in case you lose or break the original. Or keep the original as a spare, like I do.

Corbin

I completely agree with Corbin above. I however did the full polish on the internals and put 500-700 rounds through my S12 before the reduced triggerspring was released. Adding the triggerspring made the trigger pull much lighter and smoother. I would definately recommend it!

Edited by en93nsx