MD arms drum for uk?

Now that Mikes gonna be supplying the double stack mags anyone willing to ship a drum over to the u.k?

If anyones interested in seriously making my xmas merry please send me a personal message :)

I believe sending a 20 round drum to the UK may require an export license. If so, to send one without the benefit of an export license would be a serious crime, and I would strongly advise forum members to thoroughly research this issue before taking any action regarding the above post.

Somehow, I think the brits having some of the most restrictive gun laws in the free world, may require some sort of special license on the UK side for import of this sort of item as well.

At this point (IMO) the request does not pass the smell test. Perhaps the poster could publicly reveal his identity and post his Bond Fides, and licensing in the UK for vetting by a licensed export agent.

This IS the post 911 world, and after all, if there is nothing fishy - the poster has nothing to fear by being completely forthcoming.

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied
  • Like 1

Now that Mikes gonna be supplying the double stack mags anyone willing to ship a drum over to the u.k?

If anyones interested in seriously making my xmas merry please send me a personal message :)

I believe sending a 20 round drum to the UK may require an export license. If so, to send one without the benefit of an export license would be a serious crime, and I would strongly advise forum members to thoroughly research this issue before taking any action regarding the above post.

Somehow, I think the brits having some of the most restrictive gun laws in the free world, may require some sort of special license on the UK side for import of this sort of item as well.

At this point (IMO) the request does not pass the smell test. Perhaps the poster could publicly reveal his identity and post his Bond Fides, and licensing in the UK for vetting by a licensed export agent.

This IS the post 911 world, and after all, if there is nothing fishy - the poster has nothing to fear by being completely forthcoming.

WS

The SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING

Which military think-tank paid MD for designing and rights to the MD20 ?

I didn't think so. The MD20 is not a military part. No export controls there.

Is it electronic? Does it have crytographical capabilities? Nope. No export controls there.

Do the British have magazine capacity limits? Nope. They just have to push-my-pull-you their self-loaders.

Take off the hat, it's throwing off the aircraft landing systems near your house. naaaa.gif

• Like 3

no idea about legality of sending one over at all - hell ive tried to get gunshops in states to send springs and charger clips over and they've said they cant export them!

however if u own a s12 in the UK then it is on a section 1 firearms license - not a shotgun license (shotgun license's limit mag capacity to 2 rounds)

so if u have a s12 there is no limit to the mag capacity in the UK :)

Edited by sh00ter

WS

The SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING

Which military think-tank paid MD for designing and rights to the MD20 ?

I didn't think so. The MD20 is not a military part. No export controls there.

Is it electronic? Does it have crytographical capabilities? Nope. No export controls there.

Do the British have magazine capacity limits? Nope. They just have to push-my-pull-you their self-loaders.

Take off the hat, it's throwing off the aircraft landing systems near your house. naaaa.gif

Pleas note, my post reflects genuine concern. I used polite words like "may" and "advise". I urged members to "research", before jumping in head first. None of which reflects tin foil hatparanoia.

Plainly said, the tone of your post is rude, disrespectful, uncalled for, and completely out of line.

Quite frankly I wouldn't be concerned about the brits if the country wasn't crawling with fuckstick terrorists, and passive aggressive America haters.

You may be a bit young to remember the incident - but back in the eighties terrorists bombed a bank of seats in hall A of the Frankfurt International airport killing six. I walked right by those people and that bomb minutes before it went off killing every last one of them - about the time I got to the parking garage.

That made an impression on me I will never forget.

I stand by the post, and the cautionary statement. This fellow might be the nicest, most well meaning, sincere person in the world - a guy you would want to share a pint or two with down at the corner pub.

But, then again - by suggesting to others that it is fine to export firearms parts and accessories to a country where they are strictly controlled and largely forbidden, you may be unwittingly, or even negligently enabling a terrorist to get his hands on something most of us would rather he did not have.

If this foreign individual wants an MD 20 drum, he should contact Mike and order one just like you and I would. He is certainly aware of Mike's development activities. Perhaps if there is a reason he is not ordering directly, it is because there is a reason he does not want to go to Mike.

I will take off my tin foil hat, if you will agree to remove your blinders and ear protection, and demonstrate that you are capable of applying civility and common sense.

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied
  • Like 3

So the guy wants to buy a used drum - he can't do that with Mike.

The OP (I assume) is aiming his comments at the folks with drums now who will be purchasing the double-stack mags, and may not wish to keep the drum around..

Seems logical to me.

• Like 1

Sehr geehrter Herr Naolith,

I gave you a plus one for demonstrating your civility.

Mit Hochachtung, und jeder Menge freundlichen Gruessen dabei,

Waffenschmied

I have my eye on one of Mike's double stack mags as, well - but if you want my 20 round drum you'll have to come and take it...lol.

WS

If you can't find anyone to get a used MD-20 drum from and are willing to get a new one instead, you might want to try giving Rusmilitary in Crowthorne Berkshire a call. All though they don't currently list the MD-20 drum on their magazines page, they used to carry it, and so you might might be able to order a brand new MD-20 from the U.S. through them.

Edited by Frogfoot

Who would be in trouble if you were to ship something like gun parts or mags to somewhere in another country where they are considered illegal? Certainly not the sender. If Joe Blow living in a restrictive country wants a XXXgun part, as long as he knows what could happen on his end it's not up to the private seller to play big brother. I'm actually surprised that it's not more commonly seen, especially with all the neat gun stuff that's hard to get or un-importable in the US.

Who would be in trouble if you were to ship something like gun parts or mags to somewhere in another country where they are considered illegal? Certainly not the sender. If Joe Blow living in a restrictive country wants a XXXgun part, as long as he knows what could happen on his end it's not up to the private seller to play big brother. I'm actually surprised that it's not more commonly seen, especially with all the neat gun stuff that's hard to get or un-importable in the US.

You missed the whole point. My concern is for forum members and not for Joe Blow in bum f*ck egypt. The drums may, or may not be required to be exported under a valid US export license. If they are, and forum member just drops them in the mail to Joe Blow in bum f*ck egypt without bothering about legalities. The FORUM MEMBER could end up spending the next ten years of his or her life in Club Fed.

Now - lets play pretend for just a minute.... Lets pretend Joe Blow from Britain is actually Joe Law from D.C. pretending to be Joe Blow from Britain. That could be very, very bad for the forum member who just wants to make friends, but ends up in Club Fed.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you have no earthly idea whether or not an export license is required to ship a 20 round drum from the US to Great Britain, because you haven't bothered to research the issue. I would even bet, that until you Google it, you have no idea where Yorkshire and London are in relation to one another.

No one is presuming to play big brother here. Big brother does a very fine job of that of his own accord - on both sides of the Atlantic (the big ocean which separates the US and GB). And, make no mistake - there are no shortage of people in this very country who would like nothing better than to get you to screw up and do something which would justify them taking your 20 round drum, and my 20 round drum, and put poor Mike, and the forum out of business to boot.

So do you feel comfortable shipping out a 20 round drum to a foreign country without checking the legalities? Really...? Just how lucky are you feeling today?

WS

• Like 2
Who would be in trouble if you were to ship something like gun parts or mags to somewhere in another country where they are considered illegal? Certainly not the sender.

i actually disagree, i would certainly think that the sender would be responsible!

although i can kinda understand the "anti UK" posts above it would be very wrong for me to respond in a similar way as my god there are enough anti US postings on boards over here! (not firearms boards though, we're just way to jealous to be bitter!). But, the fact is that magazines for section 1 firearms in the UK are not restricted at all, they can be bought over the phone or internet perfectly legally even if you do not have a firearms license. I cant actually remember the last time i bought a mag in a shop as they are much cheaper online.

The initial post does highlight how hard it is to get any kind of stuff from the states though, there are loads of stuff that i have tried to get from companys in the US but the companys have just refused to deliver this side of the pond - understandable for a barrel, frame, or even a sear but a bit of a pain if all ur after is something like a bullet guide or a replacement spring.

what we normally do is wait till someone is coming over for a holiday and then give them a shopping list! :)

Who would be in trouble if you were to ship something like gun parts or mags to somewhere in another country where they are considered illegal? Certainly not the sender.

i actually disagree, i would certainly think that the sender would be responsible!

although i can kinda understand the "anti UK" posts above it would be very wrong for me to respond in a similar way as my god there are enough anti US postings on boards over here! (not firearms boards though, we're just way to jealous to be bitter!). But, the fact is that magazines for section 1 firearms in the UK are not restricted at all, they can be bought over the phone or internet perfectly legally even if you do not have a firearms license. I cant actually remember the last time i bought a mag in a shop as they are much cheaper online.

The initial post does highlight how hard it is to get any kind of stuff from the states though, there are loads of stuff that i have tried to get from companys in the US but the companys have just refused to deliver this side of the pond - understandable for a barrel, frame, or even a sear but a bit of a pain if all ur after is something like a bullet guide or a replacement spring.

what we normally do is wait till someone is coming over for a holiday and then give them a shopping list! :)

For the record, the above posts were not anti British. I simply pointed out that the country is crawling with fuckstick terrorists which is true, and was attempting to advise other forum members to be certain of US laws regarding the export of firearms parts instead of simply rolling the dice.

AS for leftist anti American posts on British message boards, lets just say the US does not have the market cornered on ignorance, arrogance, or self righteous narcissism.

Cheers:)

WS

• Like 1

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you have no earthly idea whether or not an export license is required to ship a 20 round drum from the US to Great Britain, because you haven't bothered to research the issue. I would even bet, that until you Google it, you have no idea where Yorkshire and London are in relation to one another.

WS

:rolleyes:

Wow, all this conversation and no reply from the OP...I think the F**kstick terrorist lines scared him off, lolol... No but seriously: yes we don't want a psycho getting a hold of something as dangerous as a 20 round S12 drum, however, plenty of crazies here in the U.S. already have access to them. At least if their going to kill someone (and no offense intended here) I would rather it happen in Great Britain than in my town. Only silver lining if it happens in here, I'll be using mine right back. Both sides have valid points; I think this is just a matter of personal discretion and a little bit of research.

On a side note, if those double stack mags are even half as good as the drum, they will be amazing. MD does a hell of a job with his products.

WTF ....................

Where's this Bs anti UK hate coming from ?

Getting back on track : yes those of us who hold a Firearms certificate ( issued by police) are allowed a limited number of firearms,shotguns that hold more than 3 rounds are classed as firearms.Usually you have to shoot ipsc ( Ukpsa ) to be allowed to own one.

Drums are legal but way way overpriced here , the last MD drum i saw was $1000 & an AGP mag $ 150 !!!!!

Its legal for an individual to send me a drum or mags - some USA stores will not as they assume an export licence is required.

Err wow i never expected this kind of response...

Just for the record i am a holder of a uk firearms licence which allows me to own a shotgun with an unlimited capacity.As was posted above the problem is actually managing to locate a drum without paying an absolute fortune for it (same with the agp mags)

I was hoping to get someone to ship a 2nd hand one for the same reasons.I would never ask any forum member to break ANY law to achieve this.I believe that shipping the drum as a "gift" would not be unlawful, however i may be incorrect on this.

As for my bona fides i could post a copy of my gun club membership and even my current low scores in the practical competitions i compete in (due to not enough mags) :)

Just for the record in the uk anyone can own any capacity magazine for ANY weapon its not considered part of the firearm.

Sorry to cause the fuss wasn't my intention just trying to get a drum for competition guys.

Adam Edwards (agnostic)

• Like 1

""No but seriously: yes we don't want a psycho getting a hold of something as dangerous as a 20 round S12 drum, however, plenty of crazies here in the U.S. already have access to them. At least if their going to kill someone (and no offense intended here) I would rather it happen in Great Britain than in my town. Only silver lining if it happens in here, I'll be using mine right back.""

THANK YOU! OK - Now we're talking. For the sake of argument - lets presume (1). I have an export license, or (2). (or) It is not required (3). (and) Gun ownership is not banned and strictly regulated so that only a very few may own guns, and like Switzerland, gun ownership is legal, and widely accepted, and you are likely to find several guns in every household. And, finally I am certain that it is legal for me to ship the gun part to the country in question.

Under those circumstances, I have no problem sending a 20 round drum to a citizen of that country, through a valid British FFL (or whatever they are called there). Or, If I personally know the person to be someone of good character, I have no problem shipping to them directly.

But here's the catch. As you pointed out, if I am duped and ship to Nidal Malik Hasan's terrorist cousin in Brighton, practically no one there is equipped to defend themselves against such a threat.

Britain is a disarmed nation (just as the soldiers at Ft. Hood were disarmed on base), and its nationals are by and large sitting ducks for anyone possessing superior force, whether it is the government, or terrorist thugs. One of the reasons that terrorists favor places like Britain for attack is that the entire country is one big soft target.

I'm sorry, but there aren't enough police or military to defend the British populace from terrorists and nut jobs, and the people themselves are by and large completely disarmed and defenseless. So, am I just going to drop a 20 round drum in the mail to the first stranger who pops up on the forum claiming to be from Great Britain? Not only no... but HELL NO!

I am not making anti British statements here - I am simply stating the truth, and the British gun owners who are members of this forum know it.

Sincerely,

Waffenschmied

BTW, any of you Brits got some C4 you could post to me. I've got a few stumps that I would like to clear, and for some reason I can't just stroll into the local hardware store and buy the stuff. I would be ever so grateful, because "Bossy" could graze to her hearts content without having to step around those bothersome stumps.

Oh, and its perfectly OK, because Im a farmer with a competitive explosives license (from the police), and farmers (with competitive explosives licenses - from the police) are allowed an unlimited number of explosives here in the US. Really...

The above statement is strictly for the purposes of illustration, but perhaps it conveys a sense of how odd your request sounds coming out of the blue. :unsure:

Edited by WaffenSchmied

Ok i can see this is just gonna go around and around so can i enquire does anyone know if any of the stores who stock the md20 export to the uk? i dont mind a wait if it takes it to get the paperwork sorted (the price is gonna hurt but ill live with it)

But theres one thing guys...lay off the coffee please, whatever you may have heard the u.k is not chockful of terrorists,there are less guns here yes and the few of us lucky enough to own them (myself and wife included) have to go through rigorous checks and approval to be allowed to do so.I have spoken to Mike in the past several times,he may even remember me as i'm the guy driving a bloody ford mustang in the uk :)

The USA is not the only country threatened by terrorism the UK has only recently seen a cessation of the IRA terror campaign,and while i don't wish to offend i'll give you 3 guesses where a major source of funding for that organisation came from.

Enough of this shite, anyway all i am trying to do is find a way to legally obtain a drum,i will comply with any and all checks and laws required to do so,can anyone help?

• Like 1

I saw your post yesterday and the first thing I did was wonder about the legality. I hope one of the business members here can get you sorted. I would seriously look for a new drum because often the drums are modified to fit a specific gun...note the A and B fittings... look on MDARMS page here about fitting the MD20 to your gun. Wouldn't want you to go through all the changes to obtain a used drum that doesn't fit right or is loose. Good luck.

on an unrelated note.... where abouts are u shooting psg? not many places in kent since stonelodge shut down :(

always fancied it like all ex pistol shooters i guess, just aint the same using a gsg or a 44 wheelgun!

i also fully understand your stance Waffen, however it sounds like your basing your assumptions of the UK on what the media has given you - in the same way people here mostly base their assumptions on the US on what we are fed also. We have problems with extremists which isnt helped by the govt, but most country's do now. I actually agree with you when u say ud be uncomfortable sending such an item to someone you dont know, i would too in all honesty. But it would still be legal in this country, as stated above, magazines are not classed in the same way they are in the states.

If i had a S12 instead of a 7.62 id probably be wanting to get hold of some drums as well!

I saw your post yesterday and the first thing I did was wonder about the legality. I hope one of the business members here can get you sorted. I would seriously look for a new drum because often the drums are modified to fit a specific gun...note the A and B fittings... look on MDARMS page here about fitting the MD20 to your gun. Wouldn't want you to go through all the changes to obtain a used drum that doesn't fit right or is loose. Good luck.

Having fitted these drums to different guns, I agree completely. A new drum is the way to go, and I think you would be hard pressed to find someone willing to part with a used, fitted, and broken in drum for less than they paid for it. If anything, a proven used drum may be more valuable to its owner than a new one.

Also, I remember one of our British members posting the following: ""With you Yanks hosting the 2010 Panam shotgun event it may be worth some of you coming over to Germany in May to shoot against some of the Euro competitors that will be taking medals at your event !

Although this is any open event with 200 shooters all levels will be welcomed & your get to see some very nice,very fast Vepr 12 users.""

Well, if that doesn't smack of presumptuous swagger, and foolhardy overconfidence, I don't know what does. Seems to me, a twenty round drum would cut your reload times significantly, and leave you at less of a disadvantage over American shooters who are better equipped. :haha:

Why don't you just stick with what you have... and If you are going to ask us to assist in providing you with a competitive edge, I suggest you show the restraint to keep it under your hat, until AFTER you have duped us into providing aid and comfort to those against whom we will be competing..hmmm?

Just a thought. :smoke:

WS

• Like 1

on an unrelated note.... where abouts are u shooting psg? not many places in kent since stonelodge shut down :(

always fancied it like all ex pistol shooters i guess, just aint the same using a gsg or a 44 wheelgun!

i also fully understand your stance Waffen, however it sounds like your basing your assumptions of the UK on what the media has given you - in the same way people here mostly base their assumptions on the US on what we are fed also. We have problems with extremists which isnt helped by the govt, but most country's do now. I actually agree with you when u say ud be uncomfortable sending such an item to someone you dont know, i would too in all honesty. But it would still be legal in this country, as stated above, magazines are not classed in the same way they are in the states.

If i had a S12 instead of a 7.62 id probably be wanting to get hold of some drums as well!

Well, I'll admit I do Watch BBC, and there is little pretense toward reporting objectively (IM0). But, it does provide another perspective, and BBC covers a great number of things that are not covered here. At the end of the day, I form my own opinions as I'm sure you do as well.

Originally, the point was not are certain items permissible in Britain, but that our American members should be certain of the legalities before they attempt to export, and find themselves in hot water as a result of not having done their homework.

And, with regard to my feelings towards Brits, and Britain - lets just say that during many years on the continent, and time spent in Africa and Asia I would have gone absolutely stark raving mad had it not been for my good friends in the English, Scots, and Irish, English speaking ex-pat community.

In Britains defense, I will say that while your population has been disarmed by socialist retards, you do have an awful lot of nosy old ladies stationed behind their lace curtains observing everything that happens, and that your law enforcement agencies have done a great job considering the challenges they face.

WS

Waffen i recall another German gent a while back thinking Britain was unarmed & there for the taking .

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Any sane UK members looking to shoot psg ( practical shotgun ) i attend most of the UK tournaments & can point you in the direction of Clubs looking for new members.My own club shoots on two ranges Romsey & Basingstoke both in Hampshire.

Edited by gunfighteruk
  • Like 2

Waffen i recall another German gent a while back thinking Britain was unarmed & there for the taking .

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Any sane UK members looking to shoot psg ( practical shotgun ) i attend most of the UK tournaments & can point you in the direction of Clubs looking for new members.My own club shoots on two ranges Romsey & Basingstoke both in Hampshire.

Sorry to dissapoint, Gunfighter - I'm not German... I Just speak the language, and...ROFLMAO!!! This is almost too easy.... If my Father and Mother, and a lot of other brave Americans hadn't come through to help pull your bacon out of the fire, I daresay you would be a fluent German speaker too...lol!!!

Now, that being said - I may not be willing to spend the money to run around with you Brits to shoot my shotgun in Europe, because I can go right down the road to the NRA range for that; but if you Brits ever get around to mounting a serious and significant effort to regain your gun rights, sign me up. I'll be right there marching shoulder with you, as will many others.

BTW, is it legal to use 12 gauge slugs in the course of a fox hunt?

Tally ho!!!

WS

• Like 1

Slug is more for the few wild boar were starting to see in local woods : most escaped from meat bred farms. Now your fox is more suited to buckshot !

your not German ............ crap i was looking forward to " dont mention the war " jokes & such like.

One of my mates just shot the fortbenning 3-gun & a lot of us come over on a regular basis to shoot & shop !

• Like 1

"A lot of us come over on a regular basis to shoot & shop !"

Yeah, I reckon that's what got the Boston tea party started... Probably had something to do with taxes too;)

Anyway, give a shout if you're ever in the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area. I'm afraid they banned shotguns at the indoor range where I used to shoot my S12's :angel: But there are a couple of excellent outdoor ranges. If you have to leave your guns somewhere else, no worries. We have plenty to go around.

WS

BTW - just for the Record. Hitler was Austrian, not a German, and Mozart a German, not an Austrian. Apparently the Austrians have successfully managed to confuse the British along with the rest of the world on these issues.

We are legally allowed to own magazines in the UK, they aren't 'controlled' under any legislation.

Rusmilitary.com will sell 20 rd drum mags but the prices are eye-watering - about $1000 as mentioned above

Our club in Lincolnshire has a practical target 50yard range with drop down steel plates.