my bigest handgun dilemma ever!!!!!!!!

i have had a offer made and want advice a gentle man has offered two trade choices from him...he will trade me straight up my shotgun and two mags for a excellent shape hk usp 45 with 3 10 round hk mags bout 400 rds down the tube or he will trade me a springfield xd45 with 3 13 round mags and trijicon sights installed and heel give me $200 he sayes is like new my figuring is it would be cheaper to buy a springfield xd45 than it would be a usp 45 but...

opinions?

btw the picture is of my shotgun

post-9097-12604170838269_thumb.jpg

also im not on drugs its a non converted eaa and i was just dumbfounded by the hk name i guess so the xd45 is a better pistol?

The seller is on drugs - not you.

The XD is the better deal, imho.

The H&K deal is crazy.

My personal opinion is contrarian to Nalioth's. I would take the HK .45 USP in trade. Is it a compact or Full Size? The rifling on the HK makes it a very accurate weapon and HK quality is great and it is not a striker type. I have a number of XDm pistols and they are great but I would prefer the HK .45

• Like 1

I say take the HK the USP is a great gun, I really like mine. You should ask the guy if you can meet at a local range for a test shoot to see which feels better to you. Check which variant the HK is also, they have about 9 variants. I think V1 is the best its like a 1911 carry cocked and locked if you like or you can use the decocker for DA.

Also for vallue to compare all three at "New Price"

Saiga (stock) $550

HK $800

XD $500

Edited by Norty
  • Like 1

Having tried both, I prefer the XD. H&K's are quality pistols but I don't care for their ergonomics (plus H&K is legendary for their piss-poor customer service).

OP, do you really WANT either pistol? If you don't, then don't trade. Keep your shotgun and trade it for something that suits you. Buckandaquarterquarterstaff is right. You can get a reliable .45 for cheaper than what your shotgun is worth.

My vote is keep your shotgun.

As far as USP vs. XD, the biggest determinant should be personal preference, like others have said. (Kind of like any other handgun debate ever...) Beyond that, I would lean towards USP right now because of the all metal frame, but it's also a rather big gun and I've small hands. Anyway, keep your shotgun and go try out some handguns at the range.

I fired the Springfield XD-45 Tactical, had a really good time with it and it fits my hand like it was built for me. The gun belongs to a buddy of mine, he's shooting it and getting all over the paper, I pick it up and put holes through holes in a nice little group. When I put it down and turn around, he's pissed at me for shooting his gun better than himself.

I've never fired an HK 45 and have no experience with them, not even second-hand knowledge (which is worthless most of the time anyway).

Which versions of the pistols is he offering up? Remember the Springfield XD-45 has different variants, some are more costly than others. The HK probably has several variants as well.

Do they come with any accessories?

Is your S-12 exactly as shown in the picture or do you have more stuff you are trading?

If you've never fired either gun, I'd recommend starting there, call around to your ranges and see if they have one to rent or if the guy is local ask him if you can fire them first. No sense in trading a gun which you don't want for another gun which wind up not liking.

My vote is keep your shotgun.

As far as USP vs. XD, the biggest determinant should be personal preference, like others have said. (Kind of like any other handgun debate ever...) Beyond that, I would lean towards USP right now because of the all metal frame, but it's also a rather big gun and I've small hands. Anyway, keep your shotgun and go try out some handguns at the range.

The USP has a Polymer Frame.

• 3 weeks later...

soo i sold my shotgun for $700 cash and bought the previously spoken about desert eagle mk xix with 4 mags and shoulder holster!!

all i have to say is WOW this gun makes my .45 look like a .22 i havent shot it yet but i cant wait to post pics and a range report the reason for no pics is its being safety checked by a smith

When you're getting into half inch caliber I dont think it makes a differance how much more powerfull the .500 is over the .50. Unless your trying to hunt down Sasquatch.

I had one of those DE .50s. Was cool for a while but the fun kept going down hill with every purchese of a box of ammo $$$$$$$$ I tried carring it once, all day in a shoulder holster. Not the most comfortable thing in the world. If you havnt shot it yet make sure you hang on to it or wear a football helmet!!

• 3 weeks later...