i'm about to buy a glock 21. just thought i would through it out to the saiga 12 family to see what they had to say. the price is $529 out the door. it seems fair. i guess i'm just looking to see if it's a good choice. any thoughts welcome.

One thing I have heard is that some people find the grip on the Glock 21 to be pretty big around (at least when compared to the 9mm and .40 models like the Glock 17 & 22), so you might want to consider the SF version (Glock 21SF) instead, which has a grip with a smaller circumference.

i'm looking to add the 21 to my collection also. $529 otd is a good price. i just got back from bass pro and they had the 21sf for 629. can't go wrong with a glock. the sf model in my hand felt very similar to my g17.

Edited by Snoofer

Looks like they are going to come out with 4th gen glocks soon end of 1Q or start of 2Q. Rumors are they are making some really nice improvements. As for costs..who knows. I heard some speculation that they might be cutting prices of older models to clear the way for the new ones.

Definitely hold one in your hand first. You might find it too large. There is now a Glock 21 SF (I think it's SF) that has a slimmer frame/grip. I don't have small hands, but the regular 21 I had ten years ago was too large. Never could get used to it or adjust enough to shoot it as well as I needed.

cool cool cool... thanks for the insight everyone. i do believe it's the sf version. it felt real good in my hand and it was not the ambidextrous version. my buddy has that one and it's good to know it has problems w/mag release. i'm a kimber guy who want's a higher capacity polymer. i think this will be a good choice. i'll post when i get it. thanks again for the info. jr,

I have had Glock 21's for years! They are, in my opinion, one of the most well proven fighting handguns in existence and I have relied on mine as a duty pistol without reserve.

Great Gun..I have the 50cal conversion for it...Just becareful if you get the ambi mag release version..There are a few problems with them concerning the mag release..They tend to stick...

One of the rumored improvements for 4th gen is ambidextrous mag release

i'm about to buy a glock 21. just thought i would through it out to the saiga 12 family to see what they had to say. the price is $529 out the door. it seems fair. i guess i'm just looking to see if it's a good choice. any thoughts welcome.

One thing I have heard is that some people find the grip on the Glock 21 to be pretty big around (at least when compared to the 9mm and .40 models like the Glock 17 & 22), so you might want to consider the SF version (Glock 21SF) instead, which has a grip with a smaller circumference.

Definitely hold one in your hand first. You might find it too large. There is now a Glock 21 SF (I think it's SF) that has a slimmer frame/grip. I don't have small hands, but the regular 21 I had ten years ago was too large. Never could get used to it or adjust enough to shoot it as well as I needed.

The "Slim Frame" grip slims so little that you really can't tell much of a difference, but it would be a good idea to put your hands on one to see how well it fits. either way good luck!

There giving you a couple mags with it for that price right?

They could make the grip bigger as far as I am concerned, if it allowed more rounds in the same sized package.

LOL! right! Azrail you gotta check these out. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=154 I think I might buy a few to see how well they feed. It'd be pretty nice to have 20rds of 10mm ready to rock. My EDC bag has 10 15rd mags in it at the moment, if I put these extensions on I could up my round count another 50rds!!!!!! EEEK!!

They could make the grip bigger as far as I am concerned, if it allowed more rounds in the same sized package.

LOL! right! Azrail you gotta check these out. http://www.lonewolfd...l.aspx?PROD=154 I think I might buy a few to see how well they feed. It'd be pretty nice to have 20rds of 10mm ready to rock. My EDC bag has 10 15rd mags in it at the moment, if I put these extensions on I could up my round count another 50rds!!!!!! EEEK!!

Yep, there was a company a few years ago that was making an aluminum Plus 5 extension for the Glocks, I wished I had bought a few then! That is what I love about the 10mm, a LOT of hard hitting ammo.

As long as the 21 or 21SF fits your hands, you are getting an excellent weapon and a good deal for $529.

The nice thing about Glocks is that the barrel actually gets more accurate the more you shoot them in my experience.

I set my 21 up for target with the trigger and sight job that only takes a few minutes. It has Heinie sights, the Ghost Connector and the light firing pin spring. The trigger pull is now a smooth 3-3.5 lbs.

Glocks are super easy to work on yourself with minimal tools (the sight adjustment tool is a good investment if you have a couple of them). Also, you have almost as many after market upgrades for the Glock as for the 1911.

SOB!!! went back to the shop to make the purchase and the guy that gave me that price said he made a mistake when he told me the price. the new price is $580 out the door. my dad was buying it for me as a Christmas gift. well it pissed him off so we left. the owner of the shop is out of town a short while so we couldn't tell him. i bought both my saigas from this guy and the prices have always been great. don't know what i'm gona do about the situation. oh well kind of a let down. i don't feel like the owner is going to sell it for $539 since he doesn't make much off the gun sales.

Don't sweat it, if the owner will not make good on that price, you will find someone that will.

Call around!

i don't know, this guy has the best prices in town. i'm trying to find a cheap online source and can't find anything better including shipping, transfer fee and etc...

SOB!!! went back to the shop to make the purchase and the guy that gave me that price said he made a mistake when he told me the price. the new price is $580 out the door. my dad was buying it for me as a Christmas gift. well it pissed him off so we left. the owner of the shop is out of town a short while so we couldn't tell him. i bought both my saigas from this guy and the prices have always been great. don't know what i'm gona do about the situation. oh well kind of a let down. i don't feel like the owner is going to sell it for $539 since he doesn't make much off the gun sales.

I have a gently-used (approximately 500 rounds down the pipe) Glock 21SF w/ factory tritium night sights I've been thinking about selling. I've got the original box, user's manual, etc., and one mag. If you're interested, I'm looking for $500 plus actual shipping to your FFL.

Don't sweat it, if the owner will not make good on that price, you will find someone that will.

Call around!

i don't know, this guy has the best prices in town. i'm trying to find a cheap online source and can't find anything better including shipping, transfer fee and etc...

You really can't beat Gunbroker, depending on what your transfer fees are. Don't be afraid to buy a used Glock, if you think it might be "worn out" replace the barrel.

I have a gently-used (approximately 500 rounds down the pipe) Glock 21SF w/ factory tritium night sights I've been thinking about selling. I've got the original box, user's manual, etc., and one mag. If you're interested, I'm looking for $500 plus actual shipping to your FFL.

thanks man, if you still have it after our local gun show here on the 9th and 10th i'll look into it.

nice choice, I get all my glocks and lots of other stuff used from a local shop that buys bulk police trade ins and estate sales. surplus city in feasterville pa. just picked up a 3rd gen 23C w tru dot night sights for 400. (says fresno co. d.a. on the slide in small letters) I remember him having some regular 21s w night sites (prob. p.d. trade ins) think they were in the 400/450 range if he has any left. enjoy your new toy, they're GLOCKTACULAR !