I just PMed our friend over there & alerted him of this topic.

I asked if it was accurate.

Hopefully he'll post.

My ammo is dry, I'm right with the Lord, & my folks would love to have my little dog.

I hope the American people would take a stand if this were to happen here.

Edited by Paulyski

NY Times take as of Dec 07 2009

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/world/asia/08phils.html?_r=1

MANILA — Critics of President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo challenged her declaration of martial law in a southern province, as the government conducted more raids on Monday to battle what it calls an armed rebellion. Mrs. Arroyo’s critics, including legislators and civil libertarians, say she overstepped constitutional bounds when she put Maguindanao Province under martial law Friday.

Maguindanao, the site of a Nov. 23 massacre in which 57 people were killed, is a stronghold of supporters of the Ampatuan family, a powerful political clan linked to the violence. Before putting the province under martial law, Mrs. Arroyo had already declared a state of emergency in Manguindanao and nearby areas on Nov. 24.

Martial law has allowed the military and the police to arrest suspects without warrants and conduct raids on properties. Critics denounced the president, saying that neither of the two constitutional conditions for a martial law declaration — a foreign invasion or a rebellion — had been met.

The military has confiscated more than 1,500 firearms as well as half a million rounds of ammunition since the raids began Saturday, officials said. Maj. Gen. Raymundo Ferrer, the martial law administrator, said Monday that the arms cache was “just the tip of the iceberg.”

The latest raid, on Monday at the mansion of Gov. Andal Ampatuan Sr. in the provincial capital of Shariff Aguak, yielded more firearms and ammunition, General Ferrer said.

Maj. Gen. Gaudencio Pangilinan, the armed forces’ vice chief of staff for operations, said Monday that at least 10 percent of the recovered weapons and ammunition had markings indicating they came from the Defense Department. He said the Ampatuans must have collected those when they were still helping the military fight Islamic insurgents.

General Ferrer said the military had received intelligence reports that as many as 3,000 supporters of the Ampatuans across the province had amassed since the crackdown began and now presented a danger to the government. Ampatuan-linked militiamen clashed with the police on Sunday in Datu Unsay, near the site of the massacre and where the main suspect in those killings,

The mayor of the town, Andal Ampatuan Jr., is believed to have ordered the massacre. He surrendered a few days after the killings and is awaiting trial on multiple murder counts of murder.

His brother Zalday, the governor of the Muslim autonomous region that includes Maguindanao, was taken into custody. Their father was taken Sunday to a military infirmary in the southern city of Davao because of high blood pressure, according to his family.

Four other Ampatuan brothers, as well as cousins and 41 supporters, were arrested, the authorities said.

On Sunday, Mrs. Arroyo submitted a report to Congress justifying her declaration, citing the danger posed by the Ampatuans and their followers. Mrs. Arroyo, who was a close political ally of the Ampatuans before the massacre, said martial law would continue “until the time that such rebellion is quelled.”

Didagen Dilangalen, a congressman and relative of the Ampatuans, said there had been no armed uprising in Maguindanao and that the talk about rebellion began after the martial-law declaration. He filed a petition before the Supreme Court on Monday challenging the declaration.

On Monday, 18 of the country’s 23 senators voted to oppose the martial law declaration, according to Senator Juan Ponce Enrile. However, only the House of Representatives can reject Mrs. Arroyo’s move. Because her allies dominate the lower house, it looks unlikely that will happen when both chambers meet Tuesday to consider the matter.

Another thread on the topic:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message964515/pg1

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 2

With reguards to the interpol issue, it is rather disturbing too.

Here is a little of the laws text that I just found:

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/International_Organizations_Immunities_Act#Sec._2.

Here is O-bummers amendment:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/executive-order-amending-executive-order-12425

It is a bit disconcerting.

• Like 1

--This vid only seems to load for the first couple of minutes, even when I went to the Youtube site. I don't have any problem loading Celebrity Ghost Stories. I tried several times and it keeps doing wacky stuff like stopping or resetting to the beginning. It's given me plenty of time to load all of my empty mags of all calibers, though.

• Like 1

good topic, wrong section.

I was going to post this in the political section but I thought that if was true,

Everybody should be aware of it.

I know a lot of people don't go to the political section.

If the mods want to move, that's cool.

Edited by THE RIPPER

............good luck because as the saying goes "Come and Take It".

Here is a history lesson on the slogan "Come And Take It".

Come and take it was a slogan used in the Texas Revolution in 1835. In March 1831, Juan Gomez, a Lieutenant in the Mexican Army, worked alongside Tadeo Ortiz, a consul at Bordeaux, France, and granted a small cannon to the colony of San Antonio. The small bronze cannon was received by the colony and signed for by Randy Tumlinson. It was then transported to Gonzales, Texas and later was the object of Texas pride. At the minor skirmish known as the Battle of Gonzales, a small group of Texans successfully resisted the Mexican forces who had orders to seize their cannon. As a symbol of defiance, the Texans had fashioned a flag containing the phrase along with a black star and an image of the cannon which they had received six years earlier from mexican officials. In modern times, the "come and take it" flag has been modified and used as a symbol of gun-rights advocates. The first-known modified version, from the 1980s, replaces the cannon with an M16A2 assault rifle and was displayed at a Bill of Rights rally in Arizona. In 2002, the flag was further modified to depict a Barret .50 BMG Rifle.

And then along came Juggernaut Graphics! :D

Cometakeit.jpg

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=3

4747_1077032650992_1381519105_30166.jpg

Edited by Paulyski

If this for some reason happens here in the U.S.A.. They definetly will have a very hard time disarming citizens.

I know Obama wants to change this country into his third world paradise and have his sociallite army contolling the white man. But guess what it will never happen. Obama is a weak person and sucks up to commies and dictators. Obama himself is nothing more than a dictator in disguise. People will wake up or become the slaves they never thought they would become.

That being said, good luck because as the saying goes "Come and Take It".

Here is a history lesson on the slogan "Come And Take It".

Come and take it was a slogan used in the Texas Revolution in 1835. In March 1831, Juan Gomez, a Lieutenant in the Mexican Army, worked alongside Tadeo Ortiz, a consul at Bordeaux, France, and granted a small cannon to the colony of San Antonio. The small bronze cannon was received by the colony and signed for by Randy Tumlinson. It was then transported to Gonzales, Texas and later was the object of Texas pride. At the minor skirmish known as the Battle of Gonzales, a small group of Texans successfully resisted the Mexican forces who had orders to seize their cannon. As a symbol of defiance, the Texans had fashioned a flag containing the phrase along with a black star and an image of the cannon which they had received six years earlier from mexican officials. In modern times, the "come and take it" flag has been modified and used as a symbol of gun-rights advocates. The first-known modified version, from the 1980s, replaces the cannon with an M16A2 assault rifle and was displayed at a Bill of Rights rally in Arizona. In 2002, the flag was further modified to depict a Barret .50 BMG Rifle.

right on! but by all means watch what you say, bigsow will shit another brick.

You know what else I couldnt help but think, Its sad they had to wait till this natural disaster hit to "hit them while they are down" so to speak. Heh what a low blow.

And thanks for the vid ripper kinda think of this as news its only as political as we let the dicussion get wink.gif

Edited by chevyman097

Hi Everyone! Paul PM'd me so in the interest of everyone else I thought I paste my reply to him so that hopefully we all get a clearer picture of what's going on.

-Respect Brothers;

-rastamanila

Thanks For Your Concern Brother Paul!

Is that a thread on our forum I see on the link? I better reply to that.

The situation is VERY complicated but I'll do my best to explain. The Province of Maguindanao (a largely muslim area by the way) is still under Martial Law and the Armed Forces of The Philippines is asking for an extension. That is probably a good thing that will prevent violence and legalize the disarming of those perps we talked about. This place is very far from Manila. If I'm in NYC then this place would be like Phoenix, AZ.

OK. Let's talk about the Gun Ban. Because that shit applies to me. The Philippines has about 1 Million "Loose Firearms". These are unregistered and most certainly always used in the commission of crimes. In my career as a journalist, and even before that; it is VERY RARE that a registered firearm in the Philippines figures is the commission of a crime. Usually when it happens I have observed that it occurs in "Crimes Of Passion". That given every time we have Presidential Elections which is every six years in May; the government imposes a "Gun Ban" beginning in January. This means even if I had a "Permit To Carry" (PTC) (this is equivalent to your CCW) for a hand gun (Sorry they don't give 'em out for S-12's Hahaha!) I can't carry one because of the said "Gun Ban" until it's over.

This is the part that sucks. The other night I passed 5 checkpoints as the newspaper's pick up truck drove me home. They randomly stop vehicles and search for weapons. The hassle is that some Manila Cops lack Emotional Quotient skills and can be very rude or bullying (I wanna say here in comparison I've never had problems with US Police and 9 out of 10 times in my experience they have been perfectly polite) and some are corrupt predators seeking bribes for real or imagined "violations". The best part of my job is I work in a major nationwide broadsheet daily so I have a PRESS I.D. identifying myself as a Night Editor and showing it to a cop at night in Manila is the polite equivalent of "Fuck Off Pig".

So if you are a lawfully registered firearms owner (like I am) and are up to date with the fees of your license (I pay a little less than $100 for four years validity); you have no problems. 8 people have been shot dead since the Gun Ban began. These were all most certainly criminals because all said guns were illegal and they drove away from the checkpoints and SHOT AT THE COPS. Which you should never to do a Filipino Cop because HE WILL KILL YOU.

The other people who had guns confiscated were licensed stupid people who don't watch TV or read newspapers or somehow did not notice the last two months of last year when the police announced that there will be a Gun Ban and didn't realize that for this period their Permits To Carry (PTC's) will be invalid.

The thing that I think really sucks is that I might not be able to go to the firing range. I have to inquire. My grade school classmate who's gonna sell me a Sig P 250 .40 Cal says my PRESS I.D. will help me get a Permit To Transport. Anyway the checkpoints are always at night.

-Thanks for the concern,

-rastamanila :blues::killer:

Edited by rastamanila
  • Like 1

The Phillipines is the Phillipines, and here is here. I don't think this necessarily tranlates into "The end is near". YouTube has a way of whipping things like this into a frenzy. I'll certainly watch how things play out over there but I'm not going to be spooning with my gun tonight.

I'd have to say this is good if they really do clean out the one's responsible for the roadside massacre! With the power struggles taking place in the outer lands and with the terrorism threat lurking it seams to make sense. Although we all know what power does, it corrupts! With Martial Law in place the authorities have a lot of power! I hope the best for you Rastamanila!

Be safe my friend!

Frosty

I'd have to say this is good if they really do clean out the one's responsible for the roadside massacre! With the power struggles taking place in the outer lands and with the terrorism threat lurking it seams to make sense. Although we all know what power does, it corrupts! With Martial Law in place the authorities have a lot of power! I hope the best for you Rastamanila!

Be safe my friend!

Frosty

Thanks Frosty! and +1 to what you said. :super:

So what is the reason for that gun ban? Why is it only at those certain times?

Brother Racer 27 it's generally during election time when many of my brethren feel the need to whack each other. I cannot defend this. It just happens,

-rastamanila

Seems like the time that I would want myself and everybody else to carry the most. To discourge someone from starting a shooting.

Stay safe.

Edited by Racer 27